Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2014, 05:54 PM

17,410 posts, read 14,637,091 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
Do you know this for a fact?

If so.......that's unreal. Wouldn't the presence of that many cops be enough to deter something like this?
Yes.

But if we are going to get into the nitty gritty and ask me if I saw it with my own two eyes, the answer would be no.

It's common knowledge though. Just like it's common knowledge that his vehicle brigade routinely blows red lights and speeds through side streets all the time. Dumb as$.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2014, 05:56 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,358,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pailhead View Post
Rahm was a wealthy wall street banker who is anti union, how is that liberalism??

Is liberalism pro wall street and anti union?? Since when??

Liberalism is a very slippery word. Centuries ago it would have been associated with its original Latin root which Merriam Webster says is "the quality or state of being free." Now the word has done a 180, and as we see with smoking bans, gun bans, high taxes, etc, "liberal" equates to the state of being coerced.

Rahm Emanuel was an important cog in both the Clinton and Obama admins. He is a liberal by the current definition of the term. Own it.

Old 12-20-2014, 06:03 PM

5,993 posts, read 3,733,362 times
Quote:
A post by someone who has assumed I am a conservative.

Fortunately, you haven't made an ass out of u and me. Just you.

The world you live in isn't binary, even if you continue to cling to the belief that it is.
Please don't try and pass yourself off as something you're not. Your posting history clearly puts you in the conservative ranks. Why do you deny it? The rest of your post is just mindless drivel.

Old 12-20-2014, 06:03 PM

963 posts, read 689,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Liberalism is a very slippery word. Centuries ago it would have been associated with its original Latin root which Merriam Webster says is "the quality or state of being free." Now the word has done a 180, and as we see with smoking bans, gun bans, high taxes, etc, "liberal" equates to the state of being coerced.

Rahm Emanuel was an important cog in both the Clinton and Obama admins. He is a liberal by the current definition of the term. Own it.
Yes. Before the Progressives took over the word "liberal" I would have been a liberal. Today, I might call myself a "Jeffersonian Liberal", or one who believes in INDIVIDUAL Liberty over a powerful State.

Today's Liberal suppresses the Individual for the needs of the State. Today's Democrats and too many Republicans are "Liberal" (aka Progressive).

I wonder how Rahm will take advantage of THIS 'crisis"?

Quote:
"You never let a serious crisis go to waste. And what I mean by that it's an opportunity to do things you think you could not do before." - Rahm Emanuel

Old 12-20-2014, 06:05 PM

8,016 posts, read 5,858,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Yes.

But if we are going to get into the nitty gritty and ask me if I saw it with my own two eyes, the answer would be no.

It's common knowledge though. Just like it's common knowledge that his vehicle brigade routinely blows red lights and speeds through side streets all the time. Dumb as$.

Wow, that's crazy. That's pretty brazen of the clowns that did this, but you may be right -- maybe Emanuel has worn out his welcome to the police. Kinda cold letting a kid take a beatdown, but honestly, all that happened to him was a fat lip and a stolen phone.

I remember reading something about his vehicle brigade doing that. That is truly a dumb ass move.

Old 12-20-2014, 06:12 PM

17,410 posts, read 14,637,091 times
Quote:
Wow, that's crazy. That's pretty brazen of the clowns that did this, but you may be right -- maybe Emanuel has worn out his welcome to the police. Kinda cold letting a kid take a beatdown, but honestly, all that happened to him was a fat lip and a stolen phone.

I remember reading something about his vehicle brigade doing that. That is truly a dumb ass move.
Listen Rahm has worn out his welcome - but I have a hard time believing that the cops would let that happen to his kid. Rahm yes. His son, no.

I said it, true enough. But I don't believe it would REALLY happen that way.

Old 12-20-2014, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
Please don't try and pass yourself off as something you're not. Your posting history clearly puts you in the conservative ranks. Why do you deny it? The rest of your post is just mindless drivel.

I'm fairly certain that you have no clue as to what I am.

As I said before, in your binary world, there are only 1's and 0's. But in the real world -- not the fictional world the media has you believing in -- there are things OTHER than liberals and conservatives.

So.....for example: if someone bashes Obama, that doesn't mean they are a "conservative". I realize this may violate your binary principles, but trust me, it's true.

Old 12-20-2014, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Listen Rahm has worn out his welcome - but I have a hard time believing that the cops would let that happen to his kid. Rahm yes. His son, no.

I said it, true enough. But I don't believe it would REALLY happen that way.

Yeah, I have a hard time believing the cops would let that happen, too.

Well......at least to the kid. To the dad, probably anything is fair game to the police!

Old 12-20-2014, 07:12 PM

7,725 posts, read 12,620,471 times
This is clear retribution of the laws he put in place. I guess he'll think twice before spouting off at the mouth again about our 2nd amendment rights.

Old 12-20-2014, 07:15 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,518,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Yeah, I always smile when I hear about a teenager getting beaten in the street, too. Funny stuff, right?

SMH in disgust at what some people think is amusing.

When Jews were getting their heads smashed in and their shops burned to the ground, a lot of people were smiling then, too. Not much has really changed with some people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies