Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: are chemtrail real?
yes 42 23.73%
no 120 67.80%
I don't know 9 5.08%
I don't wanna know 6 3.39%
Voters: 177. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2014, 10:28 AM

13,305 posts, read 7,876,816 times

Advertisements

Valves were invented thousands of years ago.

Old 12-29-2014, 10:39 AM

22,216 posts, read 21,696,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
It wasn't that long ago when scientists were taking and measuring cow fart volumes to prove that cows were responsible for tornadoes in Kansas.
I had a job collecting the samples, for a while.

The money was okay, but I realized it didn't really offer the opportunity for personal growth I was looking for. The wife didn't like it either, particularly when the inevitable "and what do you work at?" question, was asked at dinner parties.

Plus, a bad day at work, really was a bad day at work.

Old 12-29-2014, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Valves were invented thousands of years ago.
The clams were there before the Greeks.

Old 12-29-2014, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
I had a job collecting the samples, for a while.

The money was okay, but I realized it didn't really offer the opportunity for personal growth I was looking for. The wife didn't like it either, particularly when the inevitable "and what do you work at?" question, was asked at dinner parties.

Plus, a bad day at work, really was a bad day at work.
Did you use rubber butt washers?

Gaskets?

Grommets?

Balloon capture?

Old 12-29-2014, 10:48 AM

22,216 posts, read 21,696,173 times
Quote:
Did you use rubber butt washers?

Gaskets?

Grommets?
I was there in the era when head office started with a big round of budget cutbacks. The memo authorizing gloves that only went up to the wrist, was the last straw.

A lot of the crew used their butt washers from home - and other stuff that I'd never seen before.

Last edited by Joe90; 12-29-2014 at 10:56 AM..

Old 12-29-2014, 11:07 AM

5,562 posts, read 5,685,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Close enough, I guess.

Sometimes.

False.

Yes, they are.

Impossible. Jet engines are designed to process and burn very specific fuel formulas. You can't just add something to the fuel and have the engines operating correctly. That's especially true when you consider what the CTers are claiming is being sprayed. "Hey Bob, bring me over another barrel of aluminum particles so I can add it to the jet fuel." Uh huh...

The fuel additive theory also fails in a spectacular way when you consider that the "chemtrails" are only being "sprayed" during certain times in the flight. If it were a fuel additive, they would be being "sprayed" from the moment the engines were started.

The public does know the truth. You're the one that hasn't figured it out yet.

Ok look I dont know how they are doing it.
If you look at your sky take a REALLY long look at it.
Contrails are gone usually they arent sitting the sky for hours spreading themselves in to larger lines and lingering. If your saying that is heated exhust that lingers for like 6 hours I think maybe you are believing all those lines are just contrails. Sooner or later the truth will come out many people have already come out. If a plane is moving and the line is slowing going away that is a contrail. When they leave a line or lines that last hours that is something else. How about someone test what is in those vapors and we can see how "clean" they really are. I am ok with using science to prove something I am not sold on the idea that every cloud in the sky is a chemical spread by government secret planes or anything.

Old 12-29-2014, 11:46 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,125,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
Strike 1.

Quote:
"Just open your eyes and look at the sky! Your eyes don't lie!"

Your failure to understand something doesn't mean that whatever crazy theory you come up with is correct.

Strike 2.

Quote:
Contrails are gone usually they arent sitting the sky for hours spreading themselves in to larger lines and lingering.
Sometimes, when conditions are right, they actually do, and any atmospheric scientist, climatologist or meteorologist can tell you that.

Strike 3.

Look. The science behind persistent contrails is well documented and firmly established. If you honestly haven't seen it, all you have to do is look for it and you'll find it. Once you've seen it, to continue down the chemtrail rabbit hole is deliberately detaching yourself from reality. If you want to do that, that's your choice, but you're never going to convince a sane person that your crazy ideas are in any way connected to reality.

Old 12-29-2014, 11:53 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,125,811 times
Quote:
How about someone test what is in those vapors and we can see how "clean" they really are.
I've been suggesting that the chemtrailers pool their money and do exactly that for YEARS. I've even offered to pitch in, so we can settle this once and for all. Instead, they're wasting their money on billboards. Dumbasses.

Old 12-29-2014, 02:42 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,937,825 times
Quote:
Contrails are gone usually they arent sitting the sky for hours spreading themselves in to larger lines and lingering. If your saying that is heated exhust that lingers for like 6 hours I think maybe you are believing all those lines are just contrails. Sooner or later the truth will come out many people have already come out. If a plane is moving and the line is slowing going away that is a contrail. When they leave a line or lines that last hours that is something else. How about someone test what is in those vapors and we can see how "clean" they really are. I am ok with using science to prove something I am not sold on the idea that every cloud in the sky is a chemical spread by government secret planes or anything.
The time a contrail persists is has no bearing on whether it's a 'chemtrail' or not. It's a cloud. Like all clouds, some will persists, some will dissipate. It's all dependent upon the local weather where that contrail is. Those factors affect contrails in the exact manner they affect clouds, as they are the same thing. You guys claiming contrail persistence is proof are really chasing after the wind, and display ignorance of meteorology.

Old 12-29-2014, 03:02 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,237,091 times
Quote:
Impossible. Jet engines are designed to process and burn very specific fuel formulas. You can't just add something to the fuel and have the engines operating correctly. That's especially true when you consider what the CTers are claiming is being sprayed. "Hey Bob, bring me over another barrel of aluminum particles so I can add it to the jet fuel." Uh huh...

The fuel additive theory also fails in a spectacular way when you consider that the "chemtrails" are only being "sprayed" during certain times in the flight. If it were a fuel additive, they would be being "sprayed" from the moment the engines were started.
The only additive approved for jet fuel is Prist; an anti-icing formula that prevents the suspended water in jet fuel from freezing. Since Lear Jets fly at altitudes of over 50000 ft, its mandatory to have the additive. Some fuel trucks have a valve that is engaged and Prist is added as fuel is pumped into the fuel tanks or its premixed at the refinery.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies