Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2014, 08:04 PM

57,296 posts, read 26,217,746 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffdano View Post
Did you read the whole article? He made a speech for this group, apparently about reining in government spending. He did this at a time when he was an unknown and sought publicity. Probably not a good choice, but it doesn't prove he is a bad guy.

Unless it can be shown that he endorses this group's beliefs, there is no story.
Do you honestly believe that he addressed this group on government spending issues, let's not mistake this for a think tank. The details of his speech are missing, too bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2014, 08:05 PM

963 posts, read 689,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
That "America Hater" gave up his college deferment and served successively in two different branches of service. This is at a time when he had no full civil rights to speak of in his own country. He's earned the right to say anything he wants about America.

And NAN isn't a black supremacist group to my knowledge.
Yet, YOUR president felt he had to disown his America hating ass. Serving in the military doesn't make you right on all other issues. Though I do give him credit considering the time he grew up in.

Quote:
He's earned the right to say anything he wants about America.
He didn't EARN it, we were BORN with free speech rights -- even the right to HATE.

Quote:
And NAN isn't a black supremacist group to my knowledge.
Have you missed Al Sharpton's speeches?

Old 12-29-2014, 08:07 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,906,907 times
Well; since the KKK's starting to "integrate", maybe hanging with them ain't so bad in 2014. Back in 1964 I'd have stayed as far away from their kind as possible and I'm def "white".

The new face of the KKK: Black, Jewish, and gay? (+video) - CSMonitor.com

Old 12-29-2014, 08:09 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Republican View Post
It's funny that you folks have no problem with Obama and deBlasio seeking council with the country's most notorious black supremacist, Al Sharpton. These meetings with Sharpton go far beyond giving one speech to a racist group.

You disgusting pigs were also OK with having Robert "KKK" Byrd and Fritz Hollings (who decided to fly the Confederate Flag atop the SC Capitol Dome) on your side as well.
Not to even mention Rev. Wright preaching whitey is the devil sermons for 20 years. All kinds of nuts around; including those OWs and now burning and looting. Nothing as come closer to KKK tactic of old. Even the lynch mobs on the streets same type.

Old 12-29-2014, 08:16 PM

57,296 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Not to even mention Rev. Wright preaching whitey is the devil sermons for 20 years. All kinds of nuts around; including those OWs and now burning and looting. Nothing as come closer to KKK tactic of old. Even the lynch mobs on the streets same type.
You have pretty much gone off the reservation with this post, comparing OWS, Wright and lynch mobs. I take it you have no defense of Scalise other than he's not such a bad guy because......

Honestly, you people are all over the place in defense of the indefensible. Do you have any elected official to compare to Scalise if this is true?

Old 12-29-2014, 08:19 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,054,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Now this is interesting...but might not matter to today's GOP.

New Republican Whip Allegedly Addressed Supremacist Group in 2002*|*Brian Levin, J.D.
So what?

Robert Byrd (D) from WV was a leader in the KKK, but was respectfully eulogized by all of the major dems at his funeral.

Old 12-29-2014, 08:19 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,388,935 times
Absolutely no surprise. After all, this really is the foundation of all that the GOP stands for. More in common with white supremacy than not.

Old 12-29-2014, 08:20 PM

963 posts, read 689,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
You have pretty much gone off the reservation with this post, comparing OWS, Wright and lynch mobs. I take it you have no defense of Scalise other than he's not such a bad guy because......

Honestly, you people are all over the place in defense of the indefensible. Do you have any elected official to compare to Scalise if this is true?

Obama DEFENDED OWS. He told the Ferguson mob of looters and rioter to "Stay the course"

Last edited by carlbenator; 12-29-2014 at 08:34 PM..

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlbenator View Post
Yet, YOUR president felt he had to disown his America hating ass. Serving in the military doesn't make you right on all other issues. Though I do give him credit considering the time he grew up in.

He didn't EARN it, we were BORN with free speech rights -- even the right to HATE.

Have you missed Al Sharpton's speeches?
He EARNED it.

And yeah...i have missed his speeches.

Which goes to prove my contention that white folks follow Sharpton far more than blacks do. In fact, i'm now beginning to believe that he's a white leader without even being white.

20,948 posts, read 19,054,479 times
To me, al sharptons group NAN is a hate group, yet most lefties support it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies