Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2015, 07:54 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,366,997 times

Advertisements

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvBdZBl4u7I
Some interesting comments by Cruz on President Obama. Comments start @22.39 into the video

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Cruz
Let me start by saying something that would surprise some of the detractors....I respect Barack Obama...I think he is deeply principled, and I think he has been tremendously effective in advancing his principles...I think this is a man who believes in all all of his heart in government control...and he is also willing to sacrifice for those principles....
I think history shows that it is common for worthy opponents to come to mutual respect. In this case it is a battle of ideas between the individualism of a Cruz and the collectivism of an Obama. I wonder if Pres. Obama will ever reciprocate. Bill Clinton and W Bush wound up as buddies. Politics=strange bedfellows.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2015, 08:01 PM

963 posts, read 689,905 times
THIS is the man the country needs after these last 8 years.

Old 04-17-2015, 08:02 PM
mm4

5,711 posts, read 3,980,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Bill Clinton and W Bush wound up as buddies.
Bill Clinton was at the time of his presidency and still is professionally managed by H.W.

This is Bill:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-pzqMUTyfI

Old 04-17-2015, 08:13 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,957,870 times
Rubio or Walker please.

Old 04-17-2015, 08:21 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,574,120 times
Cruz doesn't mean any of what he says. He is a Snake Oil Salesman, and just trying to sell the idea he is not a bad guy. His act works on the weak minded sheep that believe everything he says, when his record says just the opposite. we all know how he feels about Obama. He has had years to make that point. He doesn't care about anyone but himself, and has no respect for anyone, or this Country. Cruz is all about Cruz.

So step right up and get your bottle of "Cruz Snake Oil Remedy" for voters everywhere.

Old 04-17-2015, 08:24 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,446,162 times
Everything that comes out of that person's mouth sounds to me like complete bulls***.

Old 04-17-2015, 08:25 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,574,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post

I think history shows that it is common for worthy opponents to come to mutual respect.

You really believe that? Who is the "worthy" other opponent? Cruz? That's hilarious. Cruz has a better chance of growing antlers, than becoming worthy of anything besides the blunt of Jokes.

Old 04-17-2015, 08:26 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,366,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
Cruz doesn't mean any of what he says. He is a Snake Oil Salesman, and just trying to sell the idea he is not a bad guy. His act works on the weak minded sheep that believe everything he says, when his record says just the opposite. we all know how he feels about Obama. He has had years to make that point. He doesn't care about anyone but himself, and has no respect for anyone, or this Country. Cruz is all about Cruz.

So step right up and get your bottle of "Cruz Snake Oil Remedy" for voters everywhere.

This is just a name-calling argument. Very weak.

Old 04-17-2015, 08:26 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,215,209 times
Teddy Boy...you messed up.

Your Republican opponents will run those comments on an endless loop.

Old 04-17-2015, 09:44 PM

30,263 posts, read 23,746,924 times
Are you all missing what he's saying?

Quote:
I think he has been tremendously effective in advancing his principles...I think this is a man who believes in all all of his heart in government control...and he is also willing to sacrifice for those principles....
Yes, O believes in government control, that's the fricken problem. Yes he does want government controlled economy and government control in our day to day lives. Yes, he will sacrifice for those principles, and yes he has been effective in advancing those principles...look how many people voted for him TWICE despite the fact that they weren't happy with him before the second time around. Look how many people bought the "rock star" "cool guy" image and voted for him? Look how many fricken lies he's told...to push forward his government controlling principles. How many have been thrown under the bus so that O could push forward his government controlling principles.

Cruz nailed it. And he isn't being nice. Did any of you even listen to the video?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies