Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should it be illegal to criticize / attack the Islamic religion?
Yes 4 2.19%
Yes, including all religions 5 2.73%
No, freedom of speech 174 95.08%
Voters: 183. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2015, 05:05 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,202,662 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by W99 View Post
I condemn mass murder and what the terrorists did, but Im just looking at it from both angles. I feel the prohibition will save lives, thats more important in my opinion anyway.

Is this the right place for a little Ben Franklin?
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin"

Old 01-10-2015, 05:28 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
You're showing the same kind of fundamentalism that you decry.
Really? Is that what you think? Do you see Christians killing to defend the name of Christ?

Jesus (God incarnate) came to reconcile man to God. Without Jesus, there is no salvation. But we do not require you to respect Jesus, nor do we kill those who will not believe. That is your personal choice.

So called "Christian fundamentalism" is not a theology of hatred for others, nor is it a theology of world domination (as Islam is). Jesus, in Matthew 28 (The Great Commission) told us to spread the Gospel (Good News) throughout the world. He did not tell us to "kill the infidel."

Your acceptance or rejection of Christ is a personal choice that you alone must make. "Behold, I stand at the door and knock." You must open the door and let Him in.

Quote:
Your truth is your truth, there is no universal truth. Religion is a belief system and a mythology.
No, my truth is God's truth. God has told us what is truth, and His truth is the universal truth. Christianity is not a religion (or "belief system"). Christianity is having a personal relationship with God.

Old 01-10-2015, 05:30 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
Your quote makes Jesus and God sound like self-centered a--holes.

[or mob bosses]
I'm so sorry you believe that.

Old 01-10-2015, 05:41 AM

15,080 posts, read 20,477,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
I'm so sorry you believe that.
I'm not.

The problem with organized religion is it practically requires one to accept [insert chosen god here] and the ideology specific to their religion in order to obtain or achieve enlightenment, truth, peace, etc. and that all other gods are false.

I call that a religious dictatorship. I couldn't even get a ride to hell because it seems that I'd have to accept Satan and no other.

No thanks. I'll go my own way.

[]

Old 01-10-2015, 06:42 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,202,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post

No, my truth is God's truth. God has told us what is truth, and His truth is the universal truth. Christianity is not a religion (or "belief system"). Christianity is having a personal relationship with God.

Others have a personal relationship with god without believing in Jesus .
It most certainly is a belief system/religion.

Old 01-10-2015, 06:43 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,208,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by W99 View Post
Yes massacre is worse, however, satire kicked it all off, theres no denying it. With terrorist organizations about, it wasnt wise to put anything out in the public.

yes tell that to the 2000 that was murdered yesterday
and all the beheadings of children
do not believe they were drawing cartoons!!!
or the 3 thousand on 911
they were doing horrible things like boarding air planes and going to work!!
we best not say anything here, lest they come to our house!!!

Old 01-10-2015, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
We need to keep our freedom of speech. I then say when you poke a wild animal with a stick then you will get what you came for and maybe more than you expected.

Look at it this way. While exercising your right to free speech you make a cartoon making fun of a mean ass biker group and you post the cartoon on a power pole out in front of the club house. What do you expect will happen?

you must listen to that hack Mike Gallagher
or whatever his stupid name is

Old 01-10-2015, 06:49 AM

political correctness is killing us
this is the only group of people who KILL you for just not being just like them
KILLERS!!!
religion of peace my butt

Old 01-10-2015, 12:57 PM

6,084 posts, read 6,046,032 times
Nope, freedom of speech is as much a right for those that want to criticize certain religions as much as it is for those that criticize military interventions and disaster capitalism that contributes to destabilization and radicalization.

Old 01-10-2015, 01:08 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
You're showing the same kind of fundamentalism that you decry.

Your truth is your truth, there is no universal truth. Religion is a belief system and a mythology.
Well Sharia law is real. And in the case of Islam, their religion is their law and is carried out.
You go tell a Muslim that their prophet is a made up story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies