Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2015, 02:00 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,481,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankapotomus View Post
You're not merely saying you don't like it. You're saying it's "tyrannical". But you stick around for "tyranny".
I mainly stick around because my children are here. If not for that, I would've been gone a long time ago.

Old 01-11-2015, 05:56 AM

5,576 posts, read 8,000,929 times
Renunciations are at record highs so obviously there's some new reason afoot; could it be tyranny? As a practical matter leaving is quite difficult for middle and lower class people, and OP, have you never heard of the Ex-PATRIOT Act and FATCA? The latter of which has made pariahs out of American citizens trying to bank abroad? To say nothing of increased passport requirements at the likes of the Canadian border and the TSA menacing our travel - this regime obviously has an interest in restricting travel, particularly international travel and expatriation. It just hasn't been able to get away with closing off escape routes yet; even East Germany couldn't manage to do that until the 1960's (two decades after they became a communist police state!), and Nazi Germany wasn't closed off until fairly late. Historically, closing off all escape routes usually happens after the police state tyranny reaches maturity, not before, and by the time that happens it's too late to stop it. Waiting for that moment to arrive before declaring us a tyranny and taking action is a pretty stupid strategy.

Old 01-11-2015, 07:16 AM

2,765 posts, read 2,793,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
That's simplistic at best. Tyranny is a gradual process. It doesn't happen in a day, a week, a month, a year, or even a decade. It happens slowly enough that people will either not notice or will put their heads in the sand.

By the time most people realize they're living in a dictatorship, there's little they can do about it. That's generally because people don't like to face unpleasant truths. They even have a term for it, called the normalcy bias. It's what happened in Nazi Germany and the process in many Western countries now continues.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hdf675sUAc
Lol...the pace of the Nazi dictatorship took hundreds of years...it was glacial... Nobody even noticed it..I'm surprised it even started a war...lol.

O my freakin God.

Old 01-11-2015, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
I mainly stick around because my children are here. If not for that, I would've been gone a long time ago.
Good for you. I genuinely admire your conviction and bravery.

Old 01-11-2015, 07:58 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
I'm not going to glean your point from all that. Make it more concise and I will give my consideration to what you're trying to say.

I take it, you didn't bother to read it?
Not worth your time, to be schooled?
Are you Gruber's key market?

The point being, you and I as it stands today, are subjects and slaves of the state, called citizens.
The word citizen is no where in the bill of rights.
Subject of the king, is no different than citizen of the state.

Let them know you do not consent to be governed, by another man.
A freeman, is only governed by his faith.

Old 01-11-2015, 08:16 AM

818 posts, read 1,017,629 times
Quote:
...surely the first right it would undermine is the citizen's right to dissolve their relationship with the United States.

But somehow this "scheming" and "tyrannical" government has overlooked the rather glaring monkey wrench in their tyrannical plan for you that you are still free to leave at any time.

Interesting.
Learn how freedom works. Then come back and say something that makes some sense.

Old 01-11-2015, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Know Nonsense View Post
Learn how freedom works. Then come back and say something that makes some sense.
You're not free to leave? You're not free to renounce your citizenship?

Old 01-11-2015, 08:22 AM

818 posts, read 1,017,629 times
Quote:
I have no interest in going anywhere. I love America, and the principles she was founded on. God Bless America, The land that I love.

Understand, Freedom takes work.

Old 01-11-2015, 08:25 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:

No, but I am free to defend myself and other people from oppression of liberties, that turn freemen into criminals. To the point that the oppressors leave me alone and leave town.

Old 01-11-2015, 08:28 AM

2,777 posts, read 1,782,025 times
What I don't get is why people actually think that the rich are so keen on destabilizing a country that already gives them everything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies