Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2015, 05:06 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,464,007 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
No, there is the belief that some don't even try. Example, Democrats complain that it's too hard to get a voter ID. If they can't do something so basic, a one time deal, how in the hell are we supposed to believe you can achieve anything. No freemkt, it's Democrat politicians and liberal media who are telling the world people are deficient. Then you go out and parrot it.

Not trying is a deficiency. Voter ID is not a one time deal; in most states ID be renewed in person at least once every eight years. (In Arizona it is one=time and valid until you are 65.) Some states require proof of citizenship (e.g. birth certificate) at each renewal so if your BC is lost or stolen you have to pay for it again. Is not having the money the same as not trying?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2015, 05:07 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Oh yes, it would be not only frightening, but downright depressing.

For me the answer to all these would be a resounding no. I'd honestly rather die in the gutter somewhere.
LOL, you just might end up dying in a gutter if that were to happen. Imagine if a doctor got paid the same as a burger flipper? What incentive would they have to get a good education and build a reputation.

Last edited by petch751; 01-11-2015 at 05:28 PM..

Old 01-11-2015, 05:07 PM

27,145 posts, read 15,322,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
So poor conservatives are okay with being deficient?

They accept the truth of it.

Old 01-11-2015, 05:09 PM

25,758 posts, read 18,818,821 times
Quote:
The conservtive principles of "personal responsibility" and "American opportunity" create an inplication that a poor person is deficient i.e. if they were not somehow deficient, they would not be poor in this country.
Which is not really the case. Some of us don't really care to be wealthy. It simply doesn't matter to us.

Ultimately, we simply want to be left alone. The conservative will leave us alone, regardless of what they think of us. The liberal will not. They seek a world full of comfortably captive clay figurines.

Old 01-11-2015, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Not trying is a deficiency. Voter ID is not a one time deal; in most states ID be renewed in person at least once every eight years. (In Arizona it is one=time and valid until you are 65.) Some states require proof of citizenship (e.g. birth certificate) at each renewal so if your BC is lost or stolen you have to pay for it again. Is not having the money the same as not trying?
Ba ha ha ha, ok lets go with that. Democrats say it's to hard for people to get a voter ID once every 8 years. How in the hell can we expect them have what it takes.

Lost or stolen, don't buy the cigarettes, booze, eat mac and cheese like I did when I worked and went to school for gods sake.... omg, <shaking head>

Old 01-11-2015, 05:15 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,477,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rishi85 View Post

From your own experience and noticing people around you has this happened?
I have never observed this but that's because I'm generally not interested in other people's politics. I'm certain these 'conversions' happen, though - people change.

[in both directions]

Old 01-11-2015, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Which is not really the case. Some of us don't really care to be wealthy. It simply doesn't matter to us.

Ultimately, we simply want to be left alone. The conservative will leave us alone, regardless of what they think of us. The liberal will not. They seek a world full of comfortably captive clay figurines.
Yes they will leave you alone but the rich will mentor and help if they are asked and if they think you are serious. That's what happened with me. One thing I found is they take pleasure in seeing other people succeed. It's opposite of what liberals and the media will tell you. And excuses won't get you far with them.

Last edited by petch751; 01-11-2015 at 05:23 PM..

Old 01-11-2015, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvega View Post
No, they are not. They learn from their mistakes and continue to struggle - happened to me more then once.
Liberal losers whine how the world doesn't appreciate their greatness and continue to do the SAME mistakes.
What the liberal mind is passionate about is a world filled with pity, sorrow, neediness, misfortune, poverty, mistrust, anger, exploitation, discrimination, victimization, and injustice. They are poor, wronged, cheated, oppressed, disenfranchised, exploited and victimized. In the liberal mind they can bear no responsibility for their problems. None of their problems are attributable to faults or failings of their own

Liberals can't admit to their mistakes. They can't learn from mistakes if they think it's always everyone else's fault. Because they can not see their mistakes they make the same mistakes over and over again, expecting different results. Oh, that's the definition of insanity, a liberal mental disorder.

Last edited by petch751; 01-11-2015 at 05:38 PM..

Old 01-11-2015, 05:50 PM

2,485 posts, read 2,219,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
Most younger people are liberal coming out out of school beginning to start life.

After a bit they turn conservative especially when they have to pay money they worked hard for to fund liberal ideals.
It's related to age and experience. Young people often don't know much, have limited horizon, and are too inexperienced in real life. The source of their liberalism isn't necessrily carefully thought out decisions, but other people's words and fashionable opinions they never questioned seriously.

When they start interacting and fitting in the real world, meeting colleagues, co workers, friends, romantic partners, then they are exposed to reality that is quite different from the one they learned in college.

Old 01-11-2015, 06:01 PM

2,485 posts, read 2,219,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Humility? Ba ha ha ha... you better take a good look at the narcism in chief.

Empathy? I don't see anything empathetic about stealing from people who earned the money to buy votes.

Intelligence? Obviously you didn't watch the Gruber videos.
Right on.

Imposing liberals own economic scheme on others by force is a lack of empathy. It is the practice of an entitled mindset and the complete absence of humility. It is also quite ignorant as these policies fail and make poverty a self perpetuating reality.

It seems that the words they describe themselves with should be flipped to the opposite and then it fits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies