Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2015, 10:45 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,286,655 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadell View Post
Is this thread anything other than race bait by someone who has nothing productive to do with their time and uses their ethnicity to feel superior by birth rather than achievement?
Pretty much.

Old 01-14-2015, 10:46 AM

6,395 posts, read 6,280,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
I don't hate white men. I actually feel sorry for the ones claiming they're being persecuted against.
Seriously. Paranoid much?

Old 01-14-2015, 10:46 AM

549 posts, read 457,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
So, the white man invented a world of items all by himself. Amazing. More like whites invented some, but also capitalized on and improved on some basics that were invented in other parts of the world.

Even with the historic disadvantages of racism and repression, others are credited with many critical and still in use inventions.
If these "other parts of the world" are so great, how come they are so weak to fend off "racism and repression" by whites?
And don't try something like "because they are nice people", you know perfectly well that "other parts of the world" host the most oppressive regimes on earth.

Old 01-14-2015, 10:47 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,889,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian Slums View Post
Seriously. Paranoid much?
Please define paranoia and explain how you extrapolated it from that person's post.

Old 01-14-2015, 10:49 AM

10,016 posts, read 12,582,425 times
[quote=Kryptic;38017572]Vikings were making these and traveling the harsh Northern Atlantic when the Pygmies didn't even know what a wheel was.
[/QUOTE

LOL. While these near total barbarian Vikings were roving the seas there were extremely advanced civilizations flourishing in such non white places as China, India and elsewhere.

They called my brother "Cave Dave" because he resembled my not too distant Scottish fathers who lived in stone huts, fought each other on a constant basis and who's greatest joys in life were a bottle of WHISKEY AND A FEW GOOD COWS.

Old 01-14-2015, 10:50 AM

549 posts, read 457,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
But the poster I was responding to said the reason white people got hired was because SOMEONE needed to actually do the job. The obvious inference being that non-white people are incapable of doing the job. Otherwise, it wouldn't matter what race the person was.
Logic is not your strong side... but we already know that from your other posts.

Old 01-14-2015, 10:50 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,712,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
I never said that you didn't need to know the information, just that you knowing it =/= you being particularly good at it on a practical level. I have a friend with a CS degree for example, and she can't do any software engineering to save her life. She understands how to create arrays, linked lists, classes, constructors etc etc etc, but she lacks the mindset to actually make good software. On the opposite end she knows people with zero degrees in their hands that can program circles around her. I also have a masters degree and a job, so you don't need to wow me with your education wizardry :-P.

Software engineer and computer science are two different degrees

If she can't create good software or understand how to do basic software engineering then either she was C\D student or needs a refund on her tuition.

There is one thing all those people that can run program rings around her have. Book smarts. They just didn't use traditional avenues to get to that destination.

My kid brother is a computer whiz that has made oodles of money creating software applications. He didn't get his degree. Once he challenged me about going to college and how it wasn't related to my success. I said really? How many books, articles, magazines and software architecture manuals he has in his computer office and has he used any of them to create is software applications. Oops book smarts.

Old 01-14-2015, 10:52 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,908,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
i hate white men because they spend there days trolling this forum constantly. well, conservative white males at least.
It's not just a conservative thing. Sport fans troll each other a lot. DC and Marvel fanboys troll each other as well. It's not a politics thing, except the avenue you wish to go down.

Old 01-14-2015, 10:52 AM

9,763 posts, read 10,529,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
You really believe this BS that you are spewing?

Or did you just miss the last 10,000 years of human history.
LMAO! The Egyptians were building pyramids when white males were building huts. That civilization lasted 3 thousand years. The Persians, Chinese...each flourishing for centuries while white males worked out the finer points of grunting. Cleopatra got her some, though. Ummm...ummm...good.

Old 01-14-2015, 10:55 AM

9,763 posts, read 10,529,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptic View Post
The left wing now openly shows their hate for white males and legally sanctioned discrimination is now the norm in hiring and promoting. Is it because we're the most successful species in the history of humanity?
The most successful at crying like little girls? Yep. I think I'll burn my membership card. This white male doesn't whine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies