Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2015, 03:37 PM

65 posts, read 52,520 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Well, I guess it's all relative then.
All? Or only abortion?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2015, 03:40 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,567,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Thank you, but I think the contrast is valid. If the President of the United States is supposed to be an example to follow, I think he serves to illustrate the problem we have here today. Nobody wants to take responsibility for anything, certainly not he.

All societal attitudes have an original source. Obama may not be the originator of this "no responsibility" attitude, but he certainly does reinforce it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
You know, I have to really wonder: Do you know how to read? When I said the President should be an example to follow, I didn't mean Obama should be. I meant "The President."

Reading is a basic skill. Apparently it isn't being taught anymore.
Obama is the president, is he not? I'm sorry if I embarrassed you but those are your words.

Old 01-26-2015, 03:41 PM

18,403 posts, read 19,031,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoniOdin View Post
Isn't a baby a develpoing human too?

yes

Then why are you even discussing it? You're fine no matter what happens, right? If abortion would be forbidden, then well, that's just the law of the land!?

this a forum. I am pro choice. abortion was once illegal which is why I am vocal about it. I will remain vocal all my days as will all the younger generation of pro choice people will. we will not go back to the days where women died from illegal or self inflicted abortion.

I'm not entirely sure.

I've never been a deeply believer an the muslim God whos son decided to convert to another religion.
I've never been a husband who has been cheated on, nor a homeless person who became angry at some rich guy treating him bad, nor a soldier who after his comrades were killed is seing red, nor a police officer during the Third Reich, nor a mentally instable bullying victim, etc. pp.
So who am I to judge if anyone kills another person if I myself haven't been in the same position before, right?
your examples don't cut it. these are people living and not dependent on a womb to survive.

do you have autonomy over your own body? do you have the right to privacy with your medical issues and decisions? women do and we will keep that right.

Old 01-26-2015, 03:41 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,217,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toryturner View Post
The odd thing is when a woman wants a baby, she never looks at a sonogram and says "That's not a baby."
When I saw my son in a sonogram, I said "it looks like a circus peanut". In fact that was his nickname for a couple of years, peanut.

Old 01-26-2015, 03:46 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,318,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
obama supports a woman's right to choice. as pointed out to you by another poster, you just don't like the responsible choice a woman makes if it's abortion. FYI abortion is taking responsibility.
I know the President supports abortion.

Abortion is not a "responsible choice." It is no choice at all, for one party involved.

Abortion is not "taking responsibility." It is a complete refusal to take responsibility. It is very selfish. I could never understand how a real woman could kill her own child. What kind of animal would do this? How barbaric.

There was a recent story about a woman who set her baby on fire in the street (of course, the child did not survive). Any woman who would kill her child in the womb is no better than that woman.

Old 01-26-2015, 03:47 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,631,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
define elective. I personally would not support a late term abortion on a healthy baby. neither BTW does the law. late term abortions are done for medical reasons only.
Sure, I'll define elective real nice and easy.

Nothing wrong with the baby and no complications in the pregnancy.

So, in this situation would you say that such a late term pregnancy remain illegal?

Quote:
Seems to me you're the overly emotional one. Why are you bringing up two week prematures then? What does that have to do with early abortion? Oh that's right, it doesn't.
Do you really feel that determining when a baby is a person is not relevant to the discussion of abortion?

Quote:
If you saw a 24 week old sonogram, do you think it would look like a baby? It's a simple question. I mean, you're the one who asked when a fetus is considered a person, I simply responded.
At 22 weeks, he/she certainly looks like a baby to me.

Does this look to you like a baby or a soda can?

Old 01-26-2015, 03:47 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,950,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
Abortion is murder. Sorry.
No it's not. That is why it is legal.

Old 01-26-2015, 03:48 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,232,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
When I saw my son in a sonogram, I said "it looks like a circus peanut". In fact that was his nickname for a couple of years, peanut.
You know what I am saying even though we can both appreciate the hilarity that can ensue when trying to read a sonogram.

Old 01-26-2015, 03:49 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,232,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
No it's not. That is why it is legal.
Slavery was legal. That argument proves nothing.

Old 01-26-2015, 03:50 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,567,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Sure, I'll define elective real nice and easy.

Nothing wrong with the baby and no complications in the pregnancy.

So, in this situation would you say that such a late term pregnancy remain illegal?

Do you really feel that determining when a baby is a person is not relevant to the discussion of abortion?

At 22 weeks, he/she certainly looks like a baby to me.

Does this look to you like a baby or a soda can?
I could go for a diet coke right about now, thanks. Actually yes, I think it looks like a baby. I've also not said anything about late term abortions. That's all you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies