Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2015, 03:44 PM

23,655 posts, read 17,585,621 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
And people get in wrecks because of driving, yet they can fix the damage and go on about their lives.
Really sad some only see a baby as damage from having sex. Our world is getting more cruel since abortion was legalized.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2015, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
do tell your niece survived an abortion? she must be a living miracle. does the woman who wanted her aborted still her mother? somehow I think this is the biggest bit of BS you have ever posted. which is saying a lot.
Since abortion was legalized I would say everyone who was born after, survived it. Their mothers could just have easily had them aborted. Plus, there are people living today that did have an abortionist try to abort them but it didn't work. You can find their stories on youtube. In the case of my niece her mother gave her up for adoption.

Old 01-27-2015, 03:49 PM

1,349 posts, read 667,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Welfare has nothing to do with abortion. Nothing.
Well if most people against abortion rights didn't consider access to free, legal, easy-to-get contraception welfare, you might have a point.

But it often seems to be a pet peeve of US anti abortion people, the contraception thing being wefare too.

There is no other choice (and look at all other countries' stats) : the easier/cheapest contraception is and I add, the less judgamental view of sex is in a society, the least abortions a country has. In the contrary, countries that don't pratice that, have more abortions and more teenage pregnancies. (I'm only talking about the occident as widening the debate to the situation of women in Africa for example would be too harsh maybe for sensible people who love life so much)

Of course, it will never be zero. Nor will road accidents stats ever be (same people against abortion "because it is murder" argue - on that exact same page of P&C - that it's horryfing for freedom to fine someone for eating a hamburger while driving when doing so can kill an actual person! It would be funny if it weren't so sad)

Let me tell you a little secret. EVERYONE from everyside wants abortions as down in stats as possible. Just, maybe, not for the same reasons, that's all..

Telling people to shut down and ignore a most profound, deep, inner and millions of centuries older than you can consider, need to have sex (advice known as "keep those legs shut" - don't you know any other sex position, people ) .... is not a solution. Never worked, doesn't work, won't ever work.

Contraception, no shameful education about sex and very little if none financial means to obtain it : results could always be better in an ideal world where no accident happens but it's proven that it works and keeps working !

I can only hear, and respectfully disagree, someone who would be againt abortion but defending sex education at an early age, contraception accessible and free and no judgment on sexuality whatever form (consensual being the only required basis). Then we could probably talk, have still a heated debate and share a beer while doing it, and laughing too I hope.

Otherwise... hypocrite, unrealistic and contradictory.

You are pro-life and want to protect it ? You love your son and/or daughter ? Educate them HOW not to have an abortion and here's an obvious hint in case I wasn't crystal enough clear : talk to them about sex, give them the autonomy to protect themselves an make intelligent decisions, fight for these high schools to give condoms.

Who ever thought a teenager bold enough to go to the school nurse to get a condom was being encouraged to have sex by having that possibility? As if teenagers are always bored anyway, he/she was so bored that day, that they thought "let's try and have sex, I hear they give out free rubbers". If you think that, it might explain that you think abstinence only is an effective teaching. That teeenager HAS ALREADY decided to/ or has already had probably unprotected sex, help him/her not have a difficult thing to face because of it. And pregnancy isn't the hardest, as you all know...

Noone wishes anyone an abortion.

It needs to be legal for multiple factors, the simplest one to state being that women for many reasons have always had, still have and will have abortions, whether legal or not. So if you respect life, you can't wish death or mutilation on these women, by making it illegal and dangerous.

The only fight is how to decrease them. Abstinence doesn't work (hardly even, if you look at stats of people in states that mostly preach it). Education and contraception does.

Choose your battle.

Or would that be welfary thinking ?

Last edited by personne; 01-27-2015 at 04:09 PM..

Old 01-27-2015, 03:49 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,282,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
If you don't know each time you have sex you could have an oops than you are not informed. Many people walking around today was the result of an oops. Many women kept their babies, some didn't want to bother.
Actually there is no possible way for me to have an oops baby. But thanks for your concern.

Old 01-27-2015, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
You can pay for a 1000 abortions for the same cost of a Welfare baby. More if the kid ends up in prison.

More Abortions = Less people in Prison
That can't be proven. Maybe if our society didn't have such a callous view on life we wouldn't have so many crimes today.

Old 01-27-2015, 03:52 PM

Quote:
I would say a pregnancy is more important than a skin laceration.
To you but maybe not to someone else. That is the beauty of CHOICE. You can deal with your pregnancy how you CHOOSE and someone else can have their CHOICE.

Old 01-27-2015, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Actually there is no possible way for me to have an oops baby. But thanks for your concern.
If you have had a hysterectomy or your ovaries removed, yes. All other procedures have had an oops. Even with the tubes tied. It's better than BC or condoms though.

Old 01-27-2015, 03:55 PM

Quote:
To you but maybe not to someone else. That is the beauty of CHOICE. You can deal with your pregnancy how you CHOOSE and someone else can have their CHOICE.
And someone else can think 5 million abortions since it's legalization is horrendous and march in a parade to stop it, especially the ones that dismember the baby piece by piece when the baby is past the pain threshold and can feel it.

Old 01-27-2015, 03:56 PM

Quote:
If you have had a hysterectomy or your ovaries removed, yes. All other procedures have had an oops. Even with the tubes tied. It's better than BC or condoms though.
I'm a lesbian. We don't have oops babies, in fact it takes a lot of planning and money to have children for us. But again, thanks for your concern.

Old 01-27-2015, 04:02 PM

Quote:
And someone else can think 5 million abortions since it's legalization is horrendous and march in a parade to stop it, especially the ones that dismember the baby piece by piece when the baby is past the pain threshold and can feel it.
Oh yes, the huge number of post 20 week abortions. The whole 1% of them. Why do you anti choice people try to make it seem like all abortions are done in the 7th month with a perfectly viable fetus kicking and screaming on it's way out?
Maybe it's because if people knew the truth, that the vast majority of all abortions happen before the 10 week, they wouldn't be donating to your cause of removing a womans choice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies