Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2015, 07:48 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times

Advertisements

With my daughter in HS, as an 11th grader a recent event came up.
The HS she goes to is very diversified. These kids have been together for 11 years. A new teacher comes in and tries to change the way these kids interact with each other.

All these kids pretty much know who they are and they are all proud of who they are and where they come from. They revolt against the PC crap.

This new teacher right out of college and young, is flipping out that these kids can laugh at themselves and at who they are, when the others tease.

She has caused a big beef about it, because the kids have given her a funny nickname, she thinks is racist.
Remember, she is about the same age as the kids in the class. Miss Jackson, isn't working for these kids.
They call her sista Claira. Instead of wearing it like a badge of honor, she has taken it to a whole new level for these kids.

Now, all these kids are from all aspects of life and race. They are all comfortable who they are.

Because of this teacher being raised to be a victim of who she is, she cannot fathom that the other kids that get along so well, can be so racist to each other and still have each others back.

This all festered to the point, this teacher damaged my daughters property over it, not thinking or really knowing the value of the property she damaged and said some choice words(in class with a whole class full of witnesses). My daughter flipped out on her, cussed her up one side and down the other. My daughter is one of only 2 white girls in the class. This new teacher is black. There are kids of all colors in the class all on the same page, and the teacher messing with the flow and how these kids get along. She wants to split them into sects and create a war between the kids. White kids target #1.

My daughter has been a leader of her class for a long time. Good kid and makes excellent grades.
Word spreading fast, this teacher acting the way she did towards my daughter, has caused all the kids to revolt against the teacher. Even other teachers.

Today I have a choice of throwing the book at this lady, writing her up and getting HR involved, or educating her on how people of all colors get along in life. She may or may not show up, thinking she is going to get canned(we don't have teacher unions here)

I'm leaning towards the educating her route. Punishment of a harsh nature is just going to cause more resentment from the teacher.

Would you throw the book at her, or want to educate her, that she does not have to be a victim of who she is in life? Everyone will love her for who she is, not who she isn't.

Old 01-28-2015, 07:55 AM

2,777 posts, read 1,782,756 times
One look at all the poor, persecuted white Christian males on this board says the answer is 'yes'.

Old 01-28-2015, 07:57 AM

39,080 posts, read 51,252,674 times
It sounds to me like you raised a very disrespectful, racist daughter with a potty mouth. I bet you are proud.

Old 01-28-2015, 07:59 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,500,035 times
Interesting that your daughter in grade 11 can think it appropriate to publicly chastise a teacher by "cussing" her.

Perhaps all of this wonderful interaction by students, that would be deemed racist behaviour by "outsiders" unfamiliar with the dynamics of this particular group of students, should warrant some extra effort on the part of the parents seemingly satisfied with it all by holding a special PTA meeting where all the parents can impress upon this young teacher it is she who needs to "adapt".. ????

Brewing this up into a boiling cauldron even though all these kids are going to go their own way in another year or so seems counterproductive to me.

This class dynamic may be of such a unique composite that extra effort should be expended to sustain it rather than spending the last year of it's tenure in a dogfight with the administration.

Old 01-28-2015, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
It sounds to me like you raised a very disrespectful, racist daughter with a potty mouth. I bet you are proud.

Very proud actually. My daughter knows how to deal with the situation, usually. This is the first time she has encountered someone like yourself that has been raised to be a victim of their skin.
My daughter is not the one in severe trouble here.
Should I throw the book at her and get her canned?
If she acts like you I would.

Old 01-28-2015, 08:04 AM

39,231 posts, read 27,623,465 times
First of all, this teacher damaged op's daughters property over a nickname.

why is op's daughter a racist?

Old 01-28-2015, 08:06 AM

7,814 posts, read 6,395,954 times
I'd do everything I could to make sure that no other children are exposed to her outside of the position of lunch lady.

Old 01-28-2015, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Interesting that your daughter in grade 11 can think it appropriate to publicly chastise a teacher by "cussing" her.

The teacher cussed her first.

When attacked.... attack back, with the same weapon.
Did she need to damage my daughters property, at a value of $680.

Had it been me and you damage my property no matter what words we are having, you may die that day.

Old 01-28-2015, 08:09 AM

39,231 posts, read 27,623,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
With my daughter in HS, as an 11th grader a recent event came up.
The HS she goes to is very diversified. These kids have been together for 11 years. A new teacher comes in and tries to change the way these kids interact with each other.

All these kids pretty much know who they are and they are all proud of who they are and where they come from. They revolt against the PC crap.

This new teacher right out of college and young, is flipping out that these kids can laugh at themselves and at who they are, when the others tease.

She has caused a big beef about it, because the kids have given her a funny nickname, she thinks is racist.
Remember, she is about the same age as the kids in the class. Miss Jackson, isn't working for these kids.
They call her sista Claira. Instead of wearing it like a badge of honor, she has taken it to a whole new level for these kids.

Now, all these kids are from all aspects of life and race. They are all comfortable who they are.

Because of this teacher being raised to be a victim of who she is, she cannot fathom that the other kids that get along so well, can be so racist to each other and still have each others back.

This all festered to the point, this teacher damaged my daughters property over it, not thinking or really knowing the value of the property she damaged and said some choice words(in class with a whole class full of witnesses). My daughter flipped out on her, cussed her up one side and down the other. My daughter is one of only 2 white girls in the class. This new teacher is black. There are kids of all colors in the class all on the same page, and the teacher messing with the flow and how these kids get along. She wants to split them into sects and create a war between the kids. White kids target #1.

My daughter has been a leader of her class for a long time. Good kid and makes excellent grades.
Word spreading fast, this teacher acting the way she did towards my daughter, has caused all the kids to revolt against the teacher. Even other teachers.

Today I have a choice of throwing the book at this lady, writing her up and getting HR involved, or educating her on how people of all colors get along in life. She may or may not show up, thinking she is going to get canned(we don't have teacher unions here)

I'm leaning towards the educating her route. Punishment of a harsh nature is just going to cause more resentment from the teacher.

Would you throw the book at her, or want to educate her, that she does not have to be a victim of who she is in life? Everyone will love her for who she is, not who she isn't
I like the last sentence, op

"everyone will love her for who she is, not who she isn't"

I think you made a right decision and choice. Good for you and your daughter!

Old 01-28-2015, 08:11 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,837,240 times
To the OP (because I'm not quoting all that krapola):

1. Who's the parent and who's the child?

2. Your child is disrespectful and rude.

3. I seriously doubt that this is the first "event" that has arisen with your daughter. And I know it won't be the last.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.