Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2015, 07:30 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,664,501 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
It's standard operating procedure from leftists to attempt to inject racial prejudice into any issue they can. They have nothing to stand on in terms of facts. The fact is that entering the nation illegally is a crime. There's no way to get around that, so they have to resort to playing to emotion. Same as with other issues. They have no factual leg to stand on when it comes to voter ID - it's illegal for noncitizens to vote so there is absolutely nothing substantially wrong with requiring people to prove they are citizens in order to vote - so they inject racism into it. There's no way to get around the fact that a fetus is a separate living organism with its own DNA and is not a part of the mother's body - so they make opposition to abortion about sexism instead. There's no way to get around the fact that jobs are created by the wealthy and the more money the wealthy have the more jobs they can create - so they make it about hating poor people instead. The leftists do it on just about every issue in existence. They have no supporting facts or evidence, so they make it about emotion and guilt trip people into supporting their policies.
I think I get it.

Everything they say is wrong and you are right.

Thanks for that, good post.

I'd rep you but all my fingers are broken.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2015, 07:30 PM

62,970 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
It's standard operating procedure from leftists to attempt to inject racial prejudice into any issue they can. They have nothing to stand on in terms of facts. The fact is that entering the nation illegally is a crime. There's no way to get around that, so they have to resort to playing to emotion. Same as with other issues. They have no factual leg to stand on when it comes to voter ID - it's illegal for noncitizens to vote so there is absolutely nothing substantially wrong with requiring people to prove they are citizens in order to vote - so they inject racism into it. There's no way to get around the fact that a fetus is a separate living organism with its own DNA and is not a part of the mother's body - so they make opposition to abortion about sexism instead. There's no way to get around the fact that jobs are created by the wealthy and the more money the wealthy have the more jobs they can create - so they make it about hating poor people instead. The leftists do it on just about every issue in existence. They have no supporting facts or evidence, so they make it about emotion and guilt trip people into supporting their policies.
You're absolutely correct and I am sick of their race baiting tactics. Many who make race an issue on illegal immigration are doing so because they have ethnic ties to them also. They are the worse, IMO.

Old 01-29-2015, 07:53 PM

9,884 posts, read 10,977,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
There have been immigration laws since the British ruled over the colonies, so try again .
OK, how about "My ancestors came to this continent before there WAS a United States! Another branch of my ancestors were on shore to welcome them, probably thinking "Well, there goes the neighborhood!""

Old 01-30-2015, 02:41 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,369,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
That is not what she stated.
She inferred it with her statements. Very easy to hear when you don't have blinders on your ears. She's a protective tool for this administration and it's agenda, nothing more. She openly admits she will follow this administrations lead regarding established law using qualifiers for 'special' groups of people that violate the laws of the land.

Right wing conservative....how do you know?

Old 01-30-2015, 05:18 AM

57,315 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
She inferred it with her statements. Very easy to hear when you don't have blinders on your ears. She's a protective tool for this administration and it's agenda, nothing more. She openly admits she will follow this administrations lead regarding established law using qualifiers for 'special' groups of people that violate the laws of the land.

Right wing conservative....how do you know?
You must have seen a different hearing than the Lynch confirmation, maybe you have the exact quote because she did not answer the question. You can hear whatever you want to hear if you try hard enough.

She said she would follow the administrations lead?

Old 01-30-2015, 08:38 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,556,977 times
[quote=Goodnight;38235430]You must have seen a different hearing than the Lynch confirmation, maybe you have the exact quote because she did not answer the question. You can hear whatever you want to hear if you try hard enough.

On illegal immigrants being given a pass because of an illegal EO, yes she is following this administrations lead.

On illegals have a "right" to work here, yes she said it.

Just a couple of answers that should disqualify her.

You can ignore or parse it anyway you wish, but this is what she said she would do.

Old 01-30-2015, 12:14 PM

[quote=Arjay51;38237431]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
You must have seen a different hearing than the Lynch confirmation, maybe you have the exact quote because she did not answer the question. You can hear whatever you want to hear if you try hard enough.

On illegal immigrants being given a pass because of an illegal EO, yes she is following this administrations lead.

On illegals have a "right" to work here, yes she said it.

Just a couple of answers that should disqualify her.

You can ignore or parse it anyway you wish, but this is what she said she would do.
This is her exact reply:

Quote:
SESSIONS:
I certainly agree. I’m a little surprised it took you that long. But the attorney general’s statement was breathtaking to me. ***
Let me ask you this: In the workplace of America today when we have a high number of unemployed, we’ve had declining wages for many years, we have the lowest of Americans working, who has more right to a job in this country? A lawful immigrant who’s here, a green-card holder or a citizen, or a person who entered the country unlawfully

LYNCH:
Well, Senator, I believe that the right and the obligation to work is
one that’s shared by everyone in this country regardless of how they came here.
And certainly, if someone here, regardless of status, I would prefer that they
be participating in the workplace than not participating in the workplace.

Old 01-30-2015, 12:25 PM

10,908 posts, read 9,556,977 times
[quote=Goodnight;38240543]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post

This is her exact reply:
But by all means keep the illegals here can be taken from her statement. You, enforce only the portions of the law that support your personal agenda and ignore the rest.

Is this really the type person you want as AG?

Old 01-30-2015, 01:14 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
OK, how about "My ancestors came to this continent before there WAS a United States! Another branch of my ancestors were on shore to welcome them, probably thinking "Well, there goes the neighborhood!""

I believe it was my ancestors as the original Border Security.

They gave us bean bags and rocks so we don't kill anyone. They had guns.

Old 01-30-2015, 04:40 PM

[quote=Arjay51;38240707]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arajay View Post

But by all means keep the illegals here can be taken from her statement. You, enforce only the portions of the law that support your personal agenda and ignore the rest.

Is this really the type person you want as AG?
Once again that is not what she stated. She has solid credentials and is respected by all, except maybe Ted Cruz. She is a big step up from Holder and a rather enormous step up from Alberto Gonzales (2005).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies