Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2015, 10:36 PM

46,963 posts, read 25,998,208 times

Advertisements

I will confess I have little patience with most of the standard-issue FoxNews Blonde Newsreader Mk 1.0, but Megyn Kelly holds a small place in my heart for her "Republican Math" comment. Actually, a bigger place in my heart now.

As some may remember, Huckabee commented that the environment at Fox made him sad, because the women - sit down, please, dear reader - the women swore. Megyn Kelly interviewed him, and it ended with her saying:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megyn Kelly
Well I do have news for you before I let you go. We are not only swearing. We're drinking, we're smoking, we're having premarital sex with birth control before we go to work—and sometimes boss around a bunch of men!
Good Drills.

http://jezebel.com/megyn-kelly-to-mi...out-1682535384

Old 01-29-2015, 10:55 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,003,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
I will confess I have little patience with most of the standard-issue FoxNews Blonde Newsreader Mk 1.0, but Megyn Kelly holds a small place in my heart for her "Republican Math" comment. Actually, a bigger place in my heart now.

As some may remember, Huckabee commented that the environment at Fox made him sad, because the women - sit down, please, dear reader - the women swore. Megyn Kelly interviewed him, and it ended with her saying:

Good Drills.

Megyn Kelly to Mike Huckabee: 'I Have News For You' About Women
I don't think that Huckabee is referring to what Megyn Kelly is talking about. You have to admit that younger generation is much more vulgar than previous ones. More F-words, vulgar tasteless tattoos all over their body, bosoms and ass, holes in their ears, penises, breasts, you name it. I think that is what Huckabee was referring to.

Old 01-29-2015, 11:04 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,464,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post

Good Drills.

Megyn Kelly to Mike Huckabee: 'I Have News For You' About Women
But of course as soon as she uses the same no nonsense attitude on a liberal who you actually like, she'll go back to be a shrill racist harpy who lies constantly.

Old 01-29-2015, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
I don't think that Huckabee is referring to what Megyn Kelly is talking about. You have to admit that younger generation is much more vulgar than previous ones. More F-words, vulgar tasteless tattoos all over their body, bosoms and ass, holes in their ears, penises, breasts, you name it. I think that is what Huckabee was referring to.
Then he had a funny way of saying it...

Quote:
"In Iowa, you would not have people who would just throw the f-bomb and use gratuitous profanity in a professional setting,” Huckabee said. “In New York, not only do the men do it, but the women do it!”
He continued: “This would be considered totally inappropriate to say these things in front of a woman.” But “for a woman to say them in a professional setting,” Huckabee went on, “that’s just trashy!”
Huckabee Not a Fan of Women Swearing in Workplace: ‘Just Trashy!’ | Mediaite

Old 01-29-2015, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
But of course as soon as she uses the same no nonsense attitude on a liberal who you actually like, she'll go back to be a shrill racist harpy who lies constantly.
The awesome thing about dreaming up about hypotheticals is that you can conjure up any scenario that supports your notions.

Old 01-29-2015, 11:11 PM

191 posts, read 172,055 times
Quote:
Really ? I am guessing you are between 70 and 95 years old. Am I right? That's not that old by the way for a Fox News viewer.

Old 01-29-2015, 11:17 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,003,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradiseca View Post
Really ? I am guessing you are between 70 and 95 years old. Am I right? That's not that old by the way for a Fox News viewer.
So what is wrong with being that age?!!! Do you have some sort of prejudice against people in that age group?

Old 01-30-2015, 01:26 AM

7,975 posts, read 7,353,461 times
Quote:
So what is wrong with being that age?!!! Do you have some sort of prejudice against people in that age group?

I'm younger than that age group, and I'm remembering the "swear jar" we had in every classroom of the business college I attended. You dropped any of the "minor" swear words (sh**, God da**it, etc.) you paid a quarter. The f bomb? That was 50 cents. Back then, not only did that school expect you to perfect your job skills, they emphasized how graduates should talk and conduct themselves in the work
place. We actually had a mandatory "charm course" (for those of you who haven't heard this term, it was basically a class to turn sloppy teenagers into professional polished young women in the work force). This was in 1979. I remember the lecture our instructor gave us on profanity...Miss Nancy would agree with Mike Huckabee. I do, too.

I can hear the snickers and snide comments out there.

Old 01-30-2015, 03:58 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,364,082 times
We have a strict policy against profanity at my workplace. I work for a large (F-500) company in a blue collar, union job. Thirty years ago it would have been laughable to enforce such a policy on blue collar workers, but that's the world we live in now. I personally was once threatened with discipline by a junior manager over my use of a single profanity.

Ironically, the policy came about not from any ministers (e.g. Huckabee) hanging around, but from 30 years of trial lawyers, lawsuits over hurt feelings, and political correctness. In other words, 30 years of liberalism.

Old 01-30-2015, 04:49 AM

4,983 posts, read 3,291,808 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megyn Kelly
Well I do have news for you before I let you go. We are not only swearing. We're drinking, we're smoking, we're having premarital sex with birth control before we go to work—and sometimes boss around a bunch of men!
All good things to be proud of and boast about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies