Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2015, 04:27 PM

5,176 posts, read 4,812,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Unfortunately, this is true. You can see by the posts preceding this one, that they can't actually define how money will fix AGW, or that anything xcan actually be done at all, but they'll certainly beat up anyone who doesn't lock step with their emotional need to throw someone elses money at it.
Oh, the AGW crazies want to inject zillions of tons of particulate matter into the atmosphere in order to block sunlight from penetratring the atmossphere and thus reversing warming.

SOURCE

Let's destroy the environment to stop so called AGW. Sounds like a plan to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2015, 04:28 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,611,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckmann View Post
Are you? You seem to imply that only scientists can offer an opinion on this thread.
Oh? You got that from one post consisting of 4 words?

Old 01-30-2015, 04:29 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,224,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
This is good news.... Two-thirds of Americans say they are more likely to vote for political candidates who campaign on fighting climate change. They are less likely to vote for candidates who question or deny the science of human-caused global warming. http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/31/us...oll-finds.html

I am an American
and I sure as hell do NOT support the myth!!

Old 01-30-2015, 04:52 PM

3,401 posts, read 2,293,558 times
It's not a myth. Why do you say it's a myth? Did you read a right-wing blog saying so, or is your rationale more along the lines of "I can't imagine how it can be so, therefore it can't be so"? I see a lot of denialists try to pretend that's an argument worth making as well.

Old 01-30-2015, 05:19 PM

59,540 posts, read 27,680,112 times
Quote:
This is good news.... Two-thirds of Americans say they are more likely to vote for political candidates who campaign on fighting climate change. They are less likely to vote for candidates who question or deny the science of human-caused global warming. http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/31/us...oll-finds.html
"The combined results have been weighted to adjust for variation in the sample relating to geographic region, sex, race, Hispanic origin, marital status, age, education and (for landline households) the number of adults and number of phone lines. In addition, the sample was adjusted to reflect the percentage of the population residing in mostly Democratic counties, mostly Republican counties and counties more closely balanced politically.In theory, in 19 cases out of 20, overall results based on such samples will differ by no more than 4 percentage points in either direction from what would have been obtained by seeking to interview all American adults. This value takes into consideration the fact that weighting procedures increase the sampling error slightly. For smaller subgroups, the margin of sampling error is larger. Shifts in results between polls over time also have a larger sampling error.
In addition to sampling error, the practical difficulties of conducting any survey of public opinion may introduce other sources of error into the poll. Variation in the wording, order and translation of questions, for example, may lead to somewhat different results.

Which is why I don't have much faith in ANY survey.

I couldn't find the breakdown of the numbers by ages and party affiliation

We ALL know how the schools have been pushing the Global Warming/ Climate Change issue.

'You can fool most of the people some of the time"

In addition the NYT isn'texactly non-biased.

Old 01-30-2015, 05:28 PM

59,540 posts, read 27,680,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
Folks: If you choose to play childish games to try to evade facing the facts that you probably know about know but don't want to admit, then please know that it is your choice to speak to this issue from a perspective worthy of nothing but ridicule.

Denial of facts doesn't obviate facts. Obstinance is not a virtue.
"Folks: If you choose to play childish games to try to evade facing the facts that you probably know about know but don't want to admit,"

Coming from you, THAT is funny. REAL funny!

I suggest you take your own advise.

Old 01-30-2015, 05:35 PM

13,634 posts, read 21,457,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
Folks: If you choose to play childish games to try to evade facing the facts that you probably know about know but don't want to admit, then please know that it is your choice to speak to this issue from a perspective worthy of nothing but ridicule.

Denial of facts doesn't obviate facts. Obstinance is not a virtue.
Very true, denial of facts doesn't obviate fact.

The fact that democrat politicians who spur on the need to "do something" about climate change will in the end create legislation that raises taxes. Which they will then use these taken taxes to give to those who don't have a running ac or car from those middle class that do. They will also give special contracts under the guise of "combating climate change" to loyal donators and friends who will then get rich off the backs of the middle class.

In the end the democrats will have succeeded in creating a new tax or taxes, become in even more control over people's lives, given more handouts to the poor, created more wealth for their wealthy political loyalists and done hardly nothing to actually effect change on "climate change".

Democrat party plan to fight "climate change" and every other cause they have ever undertaken is......

1~ the poor get even more free ****
2~ the democrats get even more control over peoples lives
3~ rich democrat party friends or loyalists get even richer
4~ the rest of us pay higher bills to pay for the above three

Old 01-30-2015, 06:00 PM

33,633 posts, read 37,291,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Can you tell me what the methods for fighting global warming are, along with what the success of said methods will be, and how much it will cost?
Sure can....It's already begun by increasing green and nuclear energy sources, but the world must also decrease fossil fuel use....Regarding cost....All I know is that the cost will be a lot less than sitting on our hands, doing nothing, then trying to rebuild after warming becomes unstoppable.....What deniers don't seem to understand that the effects of warming will last over a thousand years....Even the warming we have now.

The most important climate issue is the cost and consequences of inaction. The climate science has now reached the point that one can definitively say failure to very aggressively try to “solve” climate change is not either a rational or moral option for a nation or humanity as a whole. It's Not Too Late To Stop Climate Change, And It'll Be Super-Cheap | ThinkProgress

Old 01-30-2015, 06:07 PM

7,799 posts, read 4,422,173 times
Quote:
Sure can....It's already begun by increasing green and nuclear energy sources, but the world must also decrease fossil fuel use....Regarding cost....All I know is that the cost will be a lot less than sitting on our hands, doing nothing, then trying to rebuild after warming becomes unstoppable.....What deniers don't seem to understand that the effects of warming will last over a thousand years....Even the warming we have now.

The most important climate issue is the cost and consequences of inaction. The climate science has now reached the point that one can definitively say failure to very aggressively try to “solve” climate change is not either a rational or moral option for a nation or humanity as a whole. It's Not Too Late To Stop Climate Change, And It'll Be Super-Cheap | ThinkProgress
When I was growing up, an ounce of prevention was worth more than a pound of cure used to be a conservative expression. But given this new age, hybrid, confused, contradictory, self-centered ideology that now passes for American conservatism, the old values have disappeared like the wll o'the wisp.

The smart move is to face the problem now, but smart moves are apparently no longer in the conservative playbook.

Last edited by TreeBeard; 01-30-2015 at 07:06 PM..

Old 01-30-2015, 06:11 PM

13,634 posts, read 21,457,158 times
Quote:

lol oh yeah those supposed voters that supposedly support doing something {even though nobody really will do anything substantial} will until they realize they got the shaft by the democrats when those voters see their fuel and electric bills skyrockets while the poor, the politicians and the rich elite will be exempt another classic case of do as I say not as I do. Then the next election cycle you will see mass amounts of democrats punished just like what happened after obamacare.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies