Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2015, 12:46 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,571,742 times

Advertisements

The Earth's climate has been changing since the Earth was first formed, and will continue to change until it is ultimately destroyed.

The only people who even come close to denying that the Earth's climate is changing are the AGW alarmists, who appear to believe that a static climate is somehow normal, achievable and sustainable.

It isn’t.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2015, 01:03 PM

33,638 posts, read 37,309,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Only to get a fair piece of the pork.

When you start handing out "free" money, everyone wants it.

Who can blame them?

That's the disingenuous fantasy you proffer, but you never provide any evidence, and it doesn't matter, since the World does not revolve around your province.

What temperature in Degrees Kelvin or Fahrenheit is 15 microns?

Can't you come up with any other fallacy aside from the "right-wing blog" nonsense?

Challenging...

Mircea
Challenging? No your straw men are not at all challenging, and regarding me not providing evidence of BC's carbon tax system I have provided it many times, but just for you I'll do it again....

Myth: The carbon tax is just a tax grab.
Fact: Every dollar raised by the carbon tax is returned to individuals and businesses through tax reductions. None of the carbon tax revenue is used to fund government spending.
Since it was first introduced in 2008, the carbon tax has returned $500 million more to taxpayers in tax reductions than it has raised in revenue. Province of British Columbia

Province of British Columbia

Old 01-31-2015, 01:31 PM

30,544 posts, read 23,961,115 times
Sigh, this rot again? It's amazing how stupid people are...it's fascinating.

So, libs, why didn't any of you answer this poster's questions? You had several pages to do it, don't act like you "didn't see it". Answer the questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
Been asked and never answered:
  • what is the legislative proposal that will terraform the planet Earth?
  • which candidate is running with a specific platform plank dedicated to legislation that will terraform the planet Earth?
  • What piece of legislation passed in the United States will control what China, India, Russia, Brazil and the entire European Union all do regarding the atmosphere?
OK, so 2/3 of the people polled (since all 330 million Americans were not asked, the proper term is "2/3 of people polled" not "2/3 of Americans") say they'd get behind a candidate who supports government action on climate change, yet I bet none of them so inclined could point to a single thing that would actually BE government action on climate change, and I'd wager dimes to donuts that not one of them could answer a single one of the questions I posed above.

Now, the government can indeed legislate less money for individuals and business, more money/power for themselves, while talking about "doing something" and tons of Americans are indeed dumb enough to think government action actually means progress or something beneficial, but I am still lost on how the US government a) terraforms Earth with votes and b) forces the rest of the world to do what the American government says, outside total military conquest of the entire planet.

Old 01-31-2015, 03:57 PM

27,306 posts, read 16,293,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
Smart Republicans see the writing on the wall on climate change and are slowly shifting their positions on the issue. Every month that goes by and every study that comes out makes climate change only more evident and the consequences of doing nothing on global warming more dire. Funny thing is we can confront global warming now with only a minimum amount of pain. But the longer we wait the more likely solutions will just be shoved down our throats.
And the doom alarm sounds yet again. A AGW tax will do nothing. Bankrupting the economy for AGW will do nothing. Swearing off fossil fuels will do nothing.

The earth heats and cools periodically. Always has and always will.

Old 01-31-2015, 04:07 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,226,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
It's not a myth. Why do you say it's a myth? Did you read a right-wing blog saying so, or is your rationale more along the lines of "I can't imagine how it can be so, therefore it can't be so"? I see a lot of denialists try to pretend that's an argument worth making as well.

No I do not read right wing blogs it is a myth
Al Gore saw a way to make money and he has his little minions running behind him
lie a bunch of little robots
the sky is falling!!!!
every check out HIS life style??? His Lear Jets???

LOL
I have a brain that I use
and if you people can not see how you have been DUPED
then that is on you
but I do not ware tin foil on my head

Old 01-31-2015, 04:22 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,481,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
As I said, zombies. Even something as simple as that took nearly a quarter century for the sane ones to battle the zombies and their masters.
The irony of a leftist sheeple talking about others being zombies is just too good to be true. Yeah, you liberals are shining examples of independent thought. Not a trace of political correctness amongst you. Nope, not at all.

Old 01-31-2015, 09:36 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,433,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post

What temperature in Degrees Kelvin or Fahrenheit is 15 microns?

Challenging...

Mircea
Your question doesn't even make sense.

Asking "What temperature is 15 microns" is as silly as asking "What speed is a kilometre?"

Let me guess - you've been reading some pseudoscience nonsense from a conspiracy website?

Old 01-31-2015, 11:15 PM

32,307 posts, read 15,250,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
No I do not read right wing blogs it is a myth
Al Gore saw a way to make money and he has his little minions running behind him
lie a bunch of little robots
the sky is falling!!!!
every check out HIS life style??? His Lear Jets???

LOL
I have a brain that I use
and if you people can not see how you have been DUPED
then that is on you
but I do not ware tin foil on my head
We all have brains. I don't think any of us should be so arrogant to think we are right while dismissing those we don't agree with.

Old 02-01-2015, 08:18 AM

57,399 posts, read 26,443,071 times
This is quite a change from 2012 where Jon Huntsman was the only republican presidential candidate that did not deny climate change. It will be interesting to see if any of the GOP candidates can get past the fossil fuel lobby but the American electorate seems to embrace this issue.

Quote:
The poll found that 83 percent of Americans, including 61 percent of
Republicans and 86 percent of independents, say that if nothing is done to
reduce emissions, global warming will be a very or somewhat serious problem in
the future.

Old 02-01-2015, 08:26 AM

15,687 posts, read 10,485,337 times
From Salon, of all places:

"In 2011, Newsweek asked 1,000 Americans to take the standard U.S. Citizenship test, and 38 percent of them failed. One in three couldn’t name the vice-president. A 2009 study in the European Journal of Communications looked at how informed citizens of the U.S., UK, Denmark and Finland were of the international news of the day, and the results weren’t pretty (PDF).

“Overall,” the scholars wrote, “the Scandinavians emerged as the best informed, averaging 62–67 percent correct responses, the British were relatively close behind with 59 percent, and the Americans lagging in the rear with 40 percent.” We didn’t fare much better when it came to domestic stories."

Salon, WEDNESDAY, MAR 20, 2013 12:05 AM CDT
Are Americans too stupid for democracy?

JOSHUA HOLLAND

Americans are pretty dumb and the AGW crowd exploits that ignorance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies