Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2015, 07:40 PM

1,805 posts, read 2,367,774 times

Advertisements

Meh. Bruce Jenner failed as a father and a man, but the world will praise him like some kind of hero.

Old 06-01-2015, 07:47 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,190,340 times
I've been wondering why he didn't have his adam's apple shaved when he had the face lift on KUWTK? That would have been a perfect time then not so much publicity would have speculated early on about a sex change.

I can't see him giving up his macho sports and would love to see him without all the glam squad/photo shopping treatment.

In the beginning Chasity Bono was called Chasity/she while transitioning now it is pretty much Chaz from the media & world I think. Chaz did DWTS I wonder if Bruce/Caitlyn will too for more awareness?

One other thing he was always getting mad at Kris & Kim for her posing half naked early on in KUWTK found it odd his first female photo is in lingerie.

Old 06-01-2015, 07:55 PM

4,532 posts, read 8,872,448 times
I think Bruce has shown he is a gentle and kind person but certainly not forthcoming with his wife and kids. He certainly made mistakes with his first family too. He has admitted this and tried to make amends. I do feel bad for his kids, and him. That's a lot of anguish for all concerned - I don't pretend to understand, and I have as many questions as I have concerns for all concerned.

At first glance, he looks good in the photo. I think it was poor choice to wear that cheesy outfit. It looks like something Madonna wore in the 80's or 90's. I didn't like it on her and I don't like it on him. I think he got bad advice on it. An elegant or funky outfit would have been better. What I have seen of older men transitioning to female is that they never get the look and style right. they either go old lady, or tacky. You can always tell they were once male. However, I think he will do better, but he needs to stop listening to whomever told him to wear that outfit.

What I don't get is that if he feels female inside, and felt his body needed to match his "inside", why isn't he repulsed by having male genitalia? A true female doesn't want male genitalia. I don't think the term Transgender is the best term for someone who wants to have half male and half female appearance. I suspect as we learn more about this disorder, terms will become more narrowly defined - maybe they are already and it is not being used to describe him?

As for who he is attracted to, I think he is not telling us that he is drawn to men too. I think he was being evasive about it in his interview. At the end of the day, it's none of my business.

As for the photo - it's typical Hollywood, massive make-up with the typical tricks, hair extensions, as well as techniques to smooth out the skin and mask the signs of aging. To top it off, it certainly looks Photoshopped. Those artists could make a bodybuilder look like a babe!

Old 06-01-2015, 07:57 PM

15,531 posts, read 10,504,683 times
Where's the sex tape?

Old 06-01-2015, 07:58 PM

4,532 posts, read 8,872,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Percentage View Post
Same here don't give a rats about his choice but having a sex change operation and transforming his body to resemble that of a woman does not make him a woman. He is a dude to me with an altered body and nothing more.

Everything else is empty noise.
Agree. I wish him no harm, but this is absolutely true

Old 06-01-2015, 07:59 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,049,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Percentage View Post
What an insult to women that HE is being referred to as a "she" or "woman." I don't care if he has facial reconstruction, he is still a man. Nonsense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
I'm not insulted.
Neither am I.

Old 06-01-2015, 08:09 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,049,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmondaynight View Post
Meh. Bruce Jenner failed as a father and a man, but the world will praise him like some kind of hero.
I don't think he has failed as a father or a man.

All of his children seem to be doing pretty well other than Rob, and I don't think Rob's problems are his step father's fault. Anyone from any walk of life or any family can suffer depression.

How do you measure the success of a man and a father?

As a man he has done damn good for himself, as a father, all of his children love and support him. Hell, even his ex-wives like and support him.

Is he a perfect man? perfect father? Of course not, who is? You?

Old 06-01-2015, 08:17 PM

35,073 posts, read 17,024,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theoldnorthstate View Post
Not interested in the Caitlyn thing one way or the other. Hope she is happy.

But I do think well of Bruce Jenner who felt the way he did and labored with it but held off exposing his children to the publicity and waited to achieve this until his children were grown or nearly so. So many are so wrapped up in themselves, I am glad he put his children first.
While I am not happy about the gender assignment craze, on reflection I do agree with your point. Shows some class in the way he/she handled it.

Old 06-01-2015, 08:28 PM

15,129 posts, read 32,330,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
That's A LOT of photoshop!!!!
That's for sure!

Old 06-01-2015, 08:47 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,626,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by breeinmo. View Post
I think everyone should do what they want or need to do with their own bodies. I do wonder why they're treating this like Bruce is the 1st. I think it was very brave of Chaz Bono to make the change. I consider him the 1st famous person to do this publicly. Chaz also put up with way more trashing instead of the love Bruce is getting. Why?

I wish both could have done it without the public in their business. Its such a personal matter and I wish anyone going through this the best.
Well? A couple of points! Chaz Bono wasn't on a reality TV show changing her sex and Bruce was. I wonder if Cher even supported the transition. As for it being public? Why not? They are making statements about their lives.
Heterosexuals flaunt their lives on every single TV commercial we see everyday in the media.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies