Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2015, 10:47 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMORE View Post
Honestly, the wars in the Middle East never truly end. For those saying Afghan war ended in 2014, that is.. Interesting to say the least. The U.S. doesn't even consider what we're doing in Iraq to be a war, our troops will still be in the field in Afghanistan alongside their Afgahn counterparts. Our troops will continue dying in Afghanistan, hell didn't five contracts just die this year? Those wars are now permanent, Operation this or operation that are all part of the continued Operation: War on Terror.
yep and Obama is only hoping the bombing can keep them busy to delay attacks here like 9-11. Their attacks so far are isolated to discouraging others from joining us. look for future attacks here as nothing is really stopping them since we left the battle field there open. All the sacrifice so Obama could give all gains back is the truth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2015, 10:48 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,894,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Do what?
Bomb these pieces of scum. Obama is doing nothing.

Old 02-03-2015, 10:49 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,894,931 times
Quote:
Contractors, aide workers and the occasional journalist.

I can't imagine how many troops have and continue to risk their lives attempting to locate civilians that knew the risks and stayed, anyway.
Nice, blaming the victims. Let me guess, ISIS are poor victims.

Old 02-03-2015, 10:49 PM

3,353 posts, read 6,442,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Give me a break with the "execution." They were murdered. We're not talking about a country executing people for capital offenses or treason. These people are terrorists.

Let's get that straight.
Execution is the proper term, murder implies that the terrorist that were executed were actually innocent. If I killed someone and went to jail, would you say the system "murdered" me? Or executed? Murder would imply that I was of innocence in my opinion.

Old 02-03-2015, 10:50 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,664,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
I just wish Obama would do this as well. ISIS is pure evil and deserve to die every last one of them. I support Jordan for doing this, just wish our president would also.
Rest assured if there was an opportunity to find all of ISIS in one place, President Obama would take them all out at once.
Problem is they are not all in one big auditorium. They are spread out over thousands of square miles and they dress and look just like the rest of the population.

Just for info, which heads do you want the president to lop off in retaliation for the Jordan Pilot's execution?
Do we have any known terrorists who have been found guilty, waiting for punishment? Let's just kill them. Don't think we have any though.

Old 02-03-2015, 10:52 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMORE View Post
Honestly, the wars in the Middle East never truly end. For those saying Afghan war ended in 2014, that is.. Interesting to say the least. The U.S. doesn't even consider what we're doing in Iraq to be a war, our troops will still be in the field in Afghanistan alongside their Afgahn counterparts. Our troops will continue dying in Afghanistan, hell didn't five contracts just die this year? Those wars are now permanent, Operation this or operation that are all part of the continued Operation: War on Terror.
The U.S. and NATO officially ended the 13 year War in Afghanistan in 2014. Troops remain to continue training and supporting Afghan military.

Hope this turns out a tad better than it did it Iraq. When the bad guys came, the Iraqui military shed its uniforms and hid.

You cannot help those who will not help themselves.

One big ole cluster fudge.

Old 02-03-2015, 10:53 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,664,501 times
Quote:
Bomb these pieces of scum. Obama is doing nothing.
We are bombing every known ISIS fighter who comes in our crosshairs. Who are you recommending we bomb?

Old 02-03-2015, 10:53 PM

894 posts, read 1,050,753 times
Quote:
Contractors, aide workers and the occasional journalist.

I can't imagine how many troops have and continue to risk their lives attempting to locate civilians that knew the risks and stayed, anyway.
Gotcha, thanks. Is the money that good for contractors? The risks hardly seem worth it.

Old 02-03-2015, 11:00 PM

3,353 posts, read 6,442,185 times
Quote:
The U.S. and NATO officially ended the 13 year War in Afghanistan in 2014. Troops remain to continue training and supporting Afghan military.

Hope this turns out a tad better than it did it Iraq. When the bad guys came, the Iraqui military shed its uniforms and hid.

You cannot help those who will not help themselves.

One big ole cluster fudge.
In other words, the U.S. is continuing to do what we've been doing -- think about it, the US always had Afghan forces in combat, why do you think they absorbed the most losses? We're just going to be beside them in combat operations and various raids. Plus once again, we've been training them for years as well, probably for 13 years and they still aren't good enough to handle it on their own. Now with that being said, I'm in the same boat with you in regards to hoping this turns out better than Iraq. I want our troops to say in Afghanistan especially with the aftermath in Iraq but I don't want us discounting our mission in Afghanistan. I don't want it being implied that our troops aren't performing combat operations and are instead somewhat of an occupying force like how we are in Germany, South Korea, Japan, Etc, we are engaged in combat, we continuing to kill therefore the 'war' isn't done which is why there wasn't much hoopla about it like how it was with Iraq.

Think about it: when people in the military say they are being deployed to South Korea, that's just for rotation, it's not for rotation in Afghanistan, it's for combat and training therefore the war can't be over. But as I said before, I'm glad we're staying there, and I'm glad that our troops are instructing Afghan troops in combat although I'd prefer just to keep advisers on the ground.

Old 02-03-2015, 11:05 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Nice, blaming the victims. Let me guess, ISIS are poor victims.

These are not tourists who wandered into the bad part of town. Their choices to stay made them highly vulnerable to being victims.

ISIS is a terrorist organization using religion as a recruiting tool and to rationalize a national agenda- not victims.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies