Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2015, 01:28 PM

5,294 posts, read 10,209,468 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Most religions...including yours used terrorism to proliferate themselves.

Founded by a child molester? I hope you're not of the Judeo-Christian faith. Because you'd be a hypocrite.
Last time I checked, neither Abraham nor Jesus was an illiterate, murderous, child-raping thug. But Mohammed was.

Old 02-06-2015, 01:36 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,094,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
I don't care. He is a child molester. And that garbage religion he started still condones that sort of thing today so your argument is rather weak.
That's because people are taking it literally, which you should never do with any religious text.

Yes, Muhammad, at the very least by today's standards, was a child molester. At the time, it was different. He wrote that down. People still think it rings true, much like people think the Earth was literally created in 6 days.

I should also not that there is pedophilia in the Bible, and it's not ever once actually prohibited. There's a passage in Mathew that could apply to it, but it's ambiguous enough for it not to apply (personally, I'd rather people think it does apply).

Islam can evolve. Other religions have done it. But allowing violence to continue is not a solution to solving the problem.

And I just want to make this perfectly clear; just because it's in the Koran, does not mean Muslims have to do it. Same with the Bible. Not a lot of Christians today own slaves, but Jesus clearly stated that slavery isn't always wrong. Not a lot of Christians backing that claim up though. This is because Jesus didn't give a direct order. He said you CAN own slaves, not that you have to. He did say to forgive and turn the other cheek and all that; those are often ignored actually, but still. He said to DO those things. Same applies to Muhammad. He never said you HAVE to molest children. He did (again, in his time, it was viewed differently than it is today), and said you could, but that's not an order. Muslims can learn to not do that, just as Christians and Jews both did.

Old 02-06-2015, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Muhammad is not Jesus's counterpart...Moses is.

Jesus was a practicing Jew that created no religion or wrote any religious books. Evangelical Christianity was founded by Paul...not Jesus. And Paul was a persecutor and on at least one occasion, a participant in a murder.

Muhammad and Moses were FOUNDERS of their respective faiths.

And Moses was just as bad as Muhammad...actually worse if the record is to be believed.
The only "bad" thing Moses did was not listening to God and hitting that rock instead of speaking to it to get water to flow. What was so horrible?

Old 02-06-2015, 01:37 PM

9,639 posts, read 6,018,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii4evr View Post
Last time I checked, neither Abraham nor Jesus was an illiterate, murderous, child-raping thug. But Mohammed was.
Do you believe everything you read on the internet?

Old 02-06-2015, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
Christianity and Judaism both have their share of extremist nutters, so since when did Islam become this kinda monolithic "one-size-fits-all" religion…. anymore than Judaism or Christianity have?

Although it is kind of an interesting 'coincidence' that the very folks who seem the most obsessed with demonizing all muslims, also seem to be the most rabid and dogmatic extremists themselves.

Apparently the technical term for such craziness is "psychological projection" (where you start seeing in others all the dark 'stuff' that you disown in yourself)!
Judaism does have some crazy people...but nowhere NEAR the actions of the Crusades NOR the terrorism we've seen from extremist Muslims in the past few decades (let alone since the religion began).

Old 02-06-2015, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
Do you believe everything you read on the internet?
No---but I believe what I have read in the Koran and Hadith regarding this matter, and so do Muslims. If you read it, you'll learn, too, that Aisha, Mohammed's favorite wife, was a child of 9 while he was in his 50s.

Obviously nobody and no religion is perfect, and not all Muslims are evil. But as Bill Maher said on Islam "with this many bad apples, something is wrong with the orchard".

Old 02-06-2015, 01:41 PM

31,053 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:
Muhammad is not Jesus's counterpart...Moses is.

Jesus was a practicing Jew that created no religion or wrote any religious books. Evangelical Christianity was founded by Paul...not Jesus. And Paul was a persecutor and on at least one occasion, a participant in a murder.

Muhammad and Moses were FOUNDERS of their respective faiths.

And Moses was just as bad as Muhammad...actually worse if the record is to be believed.
Probably not a lot is to believed. I would believe in Peter Pan as much as I would believe in some of those insane stories created by people who thought the world was flat, and earth had only existed for 10 thousand years.

Old 02-06-2015, 01:45 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,111,393 times
No.

Doncha just love Youtube? Any asshat can vent their spleen in the relative comfort of their mom's basement.

Old 02-06-2015, 01:55 PM

9,639 posts, read 6,018,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii4evr View Post
No---but I believe what I have read in the Koran and Hadith regarding this matter, and so do Muslims. If you read it, you'll learn, too, that Aisha, Mohammed's favorite wife, was a child of 9 while he was in his 50s.

Obviously nobody and no religion is perfect, and not all Muslims are evil. But as Bill Maher said on Islam "with this many bad apples, something is wrong with the orchard".
You realize that even today girls are still getting married at 9? Our culture is not everyone's, right or wrong.

Old 02-06-2015, 02:03 PM

I do realize that. And you're right--our culture ISN'T everyone's, which in many cases is unfortunate. I'm glad I was raised in this culture, for it's far superior to the Islamic "culture" that we see in places like Saudi Arabia or Syria.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies