Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2015, 02:52 AM

1,291 posts, read 1,522,410 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Miller View Post
If you don't.... Well either you'll be lucky in your endeavors/be an extremely lucky entrepreneur, studious with an intelligent career choice but a ton of debt, or working crappy jobs and spending 50% of your income on rent.
While you do those I'll be living a low stress life while I chuckle.
I love to tell college students or people working fast food "I know where you come from, I'm struggling to make the bills myself".
Okay, just keep taking advantage of your parents while looking down on people who receive welfare. For some reason I don't think you're making your argument look more valid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2015, 02:54 AM

319 posts, read 303,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mwahfromtheheart View Post
Okay, just keep taking advantage of your parents while looking down on people who receive welfare. For some reason I don't think you're making your argument look more valid.
I have more stake in mutual funds than they have equity in general. Please. Try to compare me to them.

Old 02-09-2015, 03:09 AM

Quote:
I have more stake in mutual funds than they have equity in general. Please. Try to compare me to them.
So you took advantage of your parents, and now you're bragging that you have more money than they do, and you're still living off of their dole. But you come here and look down your nose at people who don't have anybody to lean on like you do, and somehow want to make an argument that if welfare disappeared, high school graduation rates would be 100% (which you still haven't explained).

Ok.

Old 02-09-2015, 03:17 AM

Quote:
So you took advantage of your parents, and now you're bragging that you have more money than they do, and you're still living off of their dole. But you come here and look down your nose at people who don't have anybody to lean on like you do, and somehow want to make an argument that if welfare disappeared, high school graduation rates would be 100% (which you still haven't explained).

Ok.
I take care of them just as much as they take care of me.
If people in the hood didn't have a net to stand on and support them they'd be forced to graduate high school in order to be competitive and obtain a job.

Old 02-09-2015, 03:18 AM

11,431 posts, read 18,993,162 times
Quote:
What makes you think that?

By the way, did you know disability is based on what you put into SSI during the time you worked? You have to qualify for SSDI by actually working.
There are also some disabled who don't have enough quarters who qualify for SSI.

Old 02-09-2015, 03:24 AM

Quote:
I take care of them just as much as they take care of me.
If people in the hood didn't have a net to stand on and support them they'd be forced to graduate high school in order to be competitive and obtain a job.
Kinda like you had a net to stand on with your mom and dad. Also, you act like 14 year olds think about their own future 20 years down the road. Maybe *you* did, but that is abnormal maturation for the human brain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
There are also some disabled who don't have enough quarters who qualify for SSI.
Right. SSI pays out less. I believe it's around $800 a month.

Old 02-09-2015, 03:33 AM

Quote:
Kinda like you had a net to stand on with your mom and dad. Also, you act like 14 year olds think about their own future 20 years down the road. Maybe *you* did, but that is abnormal maturation for the human brain.

Right. SSI pays out less. I believe it's around $800 a month.
The difference between me and them however is how we use the net. They use it to drown their sorrows in drugs, join gangs, or pimp themselves or friends out.
I use it to invest hardcore for a few decades and then live like a bourgeoisie for the rest of my life.

Hmmmmmmmm tough choice.

Old 02-09-2015, 03:36 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmi4S7sEyAw

I love this song. It describes this thread so well

Last edited by Mwahfromtheheart; 02-09-2015 at 03:45 AM.. Reason: To add the lyric version of the song .. but it didn't embed because I don't know this website ARG!!!

Old 02-09-2015, 03:37 AM

Quote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cggi9STVWDs

I love this song. It describes this thread so well
Remember, for all intents and purposes I was and am poor just like them so I understand ;]

Old 02-09-2015, 04:23 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,274,165 times
Quote:
Why can't they just go out and get a real job?
For all the unemployed people in this country its not so easy for many to just go out and get a job,its not like turning a light switch on or off.Glad things went well for you Glenn but not every one has the safety net or opportunities you had.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies