Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2015, 11:35 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,003,195 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Honestly, I don't care how it was passed...it needed to be. There are why to many suffering without health insurance.
It was passed dishonestly. First, we were told by the POTUS that we could keep our doctors and coverage. Then forced to accept higher priced, lesser coverages which included many benefits that we did not need ("ESSENTIAL health benefits). Now, we are bombarded with tax penalties for those who choose not to comply!!! I've seen advertisements admonishing us with "it's the LAW", "Es la LEY"- cause if you don't , well sick the IRS on you. The big winners are not the American public, but the insurance companies who are enjoying record profits.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2015, 01:18 AM

4,582 posts, read 3,409,523 times
Quote:
I don't think you understand how this is helping many that could not get insurance because of predetermined issues. Personally, I know a few who are extremely grateful. It's been an uphill battle for them.
I understand completely, it's being done at my expense. I had to put off buying a new car for another year due to Obamacare. I have a "progressive" idea, why doesn't everyone who got insurance with the pre-existing condition situation pay an extra $10000 a year to help offset the additional premiums everyone else has to pay to cover them, maybe hire another 20000 federal employees to administer that program.

Old 02-17-2015, 01:40 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,464,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
After the "special extended sign-up" they will cry for reduction or elimination of the penalties. Hell, they have so many exemptions now i don't know how the hell they can fund this albatross. But hey, poor people have 30% co-pays and 10K deductibles. Yup, the same people that couldn't afford a $100.00 Dr visit now have to pay 10K just to start seeing a paid benefit.

I'll give Osama credit. He created the worst piece of legislation n the history of the planet.

He's dead, Jim.

Old 02-17-2015, 11:29 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
30% co-pays and 10K deductibles. Yup, the same people that couldn't afford a $100.00 Dr visit now have to pay 10K just to start seeing a paid benefit.

It is as if you have no insurance at all, only catastrophic.

Last edited by BentBow; 02-17-2015 at 11:43 AM..

Old 02-17-2015, 11:44 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,175,205 times
Quote:
Honestly, I don't care how it was passed...it needed to be. There are why to many suffering without health insurance.

You can't save everyone. You don't force everyone to go down on the Titanic because there are not enough lifeboats.

Old 02-17-2015, 11:48 AM

46,307 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
LOL and just as many will still be without insurance.....before and after passage...

Old 02-17-2015, 12:19 PM

2,083 posts, read 1,621,084 times
Quote:
I don't think you understand how this is helping many that could not get insurance because of predetermined issues. Personally, I know a few who are extremely grateful. It's been an uphill battle for them.
Like others have said, there are much simpler ways to help people who were unable to get insurance before the ACA. Meanwhile, a much larger number of people have been negatively effected. I get insurance through my employer. My wife and baby get theirs independently because it made better financial sense. Since the ACA was passed, my wife's premium with the same insurer has increased by 50%.

But the subsidies are there to help buffer costs, right? Well, they calculate wether a plan offered through an employer is 'affordable' or not based on what it costs me (must be over 10% of gross pay to qualify for subsidies), but not my family. So while I come in just under that threshold, adding the rest of my family doesn't count towards that and puts us WAY over the threshold. So while we should be qualified for the subsidies based on income, we can't get the subsidies because of the idiotic way qualifications were written.

Nearly 2 million people are effected by what is referred to as the "family glitch" in the ACA:
Report: ‘Family Glitch’ in Obamacare to Impact 1.9 Million Americans

My baby was on her own policy through a co-op funded through the ACA but she just lost her insurance because the co-op, the second-biggest ACA-funded co-op in the nation, has already gone bankrupt because the government refused to provide funding it had promised to the co-op. Adding my baby to my plan through work was the only sensible option, which increased my baby's premiums by 100%.

We've gotten completely screwed by the ACA. In addition, nearly everyone I know has seen significant increases to their premiums that far outpace increases prior to the ACA. Its an abomination of a law that has managed to help some people, while hurting far more.

Old 02-17-2015, 05:59 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,419,987 times
Quote:

They could always get it. It just didn't have a welfare coupon attached.

Old 02-17-2015, 06:04 PM

191 posts, read 172,055 times
Too bad most Democrats weren't covered by at least three government plans like Republicans are. Republicans choose between Medicare, Tricare, and VA....If that isn't enough then they have Medicaid...Its a ***** when you actually have to pay for your insurance.

Old 02-17-2015, 06:30 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Personally, I think Democrats should pay double fines and double premiums for inflicting this nonsense on the entire country through their stupidity at the voting booth.

No sympathy for any liberal/Democrat who's suffering because of the ACA. They deserve it and I hope it hurts them just as bad as it hurts everyone else.
I like the way you think, and I hate dishonesty of any kind. And by the way, maybe many have gotten the help they need.

Do you know how many friggin people I know getting the gosh damn run around ,with this friggin insurance crap. 6 months one young women I know, who has been getting the shaft for no reason, other then sheer stupidity.

And I do not respect any person who puts ups with dishonesty, because some people are being helped!

I do know quite a few, trying to get help, takes for ever to get a real person on the damn phone, on the phone for hours getting no where. 6 months is a long time, and believe me she needs the help. I am ready to help her, tired of her getting the run around from a bunch of morons.

I never expected for anything Obama has his name on to be of sincere and honest nature.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies