Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2015, 12:31 PM

21,181 posts, read 19,792,767 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
There is plenty of footage out there. You have to have been living under a rock if you haven't seen any yet...
Only one I could find (and a few more like it). Pretty darn funny!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGlJ1IJckfk

Last edited by Retroit; 02-17-2015 at 12:49 PM..

Old 02-17-2015, 01:40 PM

17,628 posts, read 13,415,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Only one I could find (and a few more like it). Pretty darn funny!
Why inject racist humor into a serious thread that someone else tried to dis-rail?

Old 02-17-2015, 01:52 PM

50,965 posts, read 36,657,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I noticed that too.
It is pretty sad that a guy wearing the "gear" of a Jewish man can't walk down the street without eliciting comments. I don't see how this video depicts the average actually French Parisian. What we are seeing are foreigners mostly Arab looking who have brought their hate to their new home.

I wonder what the response would be if a black guy dressed like a gangsta thug walked the same streets or how about a "cowboy" dressed up wearing the American flag?

French people are tolerant, look at how the Muslims have invaded their country. Most people just want to get on with their lives, eat, pray, love and all that without being hassled.
As I said, THAT was his point - he never said nor implied that French nationals were anti-semetic:

"Posting the video on youtube, he wrote: 'Welcome to Paris 2015, where soldiers are walking every street that houses a Jewish institution, and where keffiyeh-wearing men and veiled women speak Arabic on every street corner.'

This is an extremely important video, IMO. Jews in Europe are in real physical danger (just as Christians in middle east countries are), this is not simply a commentary on racism. Those who don't learn from the past are doomed to repeat it and all that.....

"Comes as Israeli Prime Minister says Europe is no longer safe for Jews".
Read more: Jewish journalist Zvika Klein walks Paris streets and captures experience on video | Daily Mail Online

Old 02-17-2015, 02:02 PM

1,596 posts, read 2,062,243 times
This is a shame. All I want to say is that it would greatly, and negatively effect Europe if Jews were to leave it. Jewish people rock and they add so much that benefits so many people throughout Europe. If they were to leave, how would the very group that is trying to push them out make up for the loss of the Jews? I'll tell you, nothing.

I'm Buddhist btw.

Old 02-17-2015, 02:04 PM

14,994 posts, read 23,926,715 times
Quote:
There are many intolerant people in this world. If you think that was bad you should see the hell black folks get right here in America when walking down the street. More often than not, while driving too...
Then create another thread to discuss it. This is NOT that thread.

Old 02-17-2015, 02:15 PM

1,327 posts, read 2,609,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
I didn't realize Paris was so run down and dirty. And what's with all the people loitering around? I guess they don't have laws against that?
Note that it is mostly in some of the worst ghetto areas.
I am not Jewish (I am mixed white/black) but I would avoid to go right in the middle of the worst housing project.
It is not really the average area of Paris and its suburbs.

Old 02-17-2015, 02:30 PM

17,628 posts, read 13,415,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
Then create another thread to discuss it. This is NOT that thread.

Old 02-17-2015, 02:32 PM

1,596 posts, read 2,062,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minato ku View Post
Note that it is mostly in some of the worst ghetto areas.
I am not Jewish (I am mixed white/black) but I would avoid to go right in the middle of the worst housing project.
It is not really the average area of Paris and its suburbs.

My thoughts exactly, he was walking right in the middle of a ghetto, not a leisurely stroll down Champs Elysees.

Old 02-17-2015, 02:34 PM

48 posts, read 47,435 times
I didn't find all of the incidents appalling. If somebody thought to prove Paris ain't that bad, this video is spot on. If the goal is to show the difficulties Jews face in Paris, the video is a feeble attempt lacking conviction and projects a lack of understanding of how bad discrimination can get.

Old 02-17-2015, 02:39 PM

5,294 posts, read 10,225,101 times
Quote:
There are many intolerant people in this world. If you think that was bad you should see the hell black folks get right here in America when walking down the street. More often than not, while driving too...
This simply isn't true. I'm always walking around (being half-Black myself, and with my Black mother and other Black family members) outside and nobody reacts. Instead of trying to take away attention from the bigotry towards others and always pointing the fingers at White people, the Black community needs to focus on making our community much better. Dr. King would be ashamed at how fragile, weak, and ghetto much of the Black community has become.

Back to the topic, as a Jew, I'm not surprised. Europe has never been a safe-haven for my people, and now is much less so thanks to the huge waves of Arab Muslim immigrants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies