Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2015, 04:41 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,655,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Not 1 left biased site. I think NOT
I 100% believe that republicans give tax cuts to the rich, and then do things like cut funding to education.

With me its not about left or right, rather its about the truth and whats best for America. And you seem to imply that my sources are lying. Could you please provide sources or explain how my sources are lying.

If anything I said or posted is untrue I would like to know.

Chad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2015, 07:26 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,372,917 times
Quote:
There is a bill to CHANGE what the course offers NOT ELIMINATE the program.
And this is a problem because the entire point of the AP US History class is to prepare older high school students to pass an exam that will allow them to earn college credit. Let me reiterate that: a student in AP USH has already fulfilled the required US History course for high school graduation by the end of his sophomore year. Any school board member who messes with the AP curriculum is inviting trouble, because it is, in essence, a college-level course with college-level expectations. It is not one last opportunity for conservative board members to ensure the kids have an understanding of our founding documents and to push a pro-America agenda. That ship sailed at the end of sophomore year.

Old 02-23-2015, 07:36 PM

3,425 posts, read 6,310,013 times
Oklahoma is probably the least politically correct state in the USA They don't mess around, they have some of the most rigid laws against illegal immigration and Oklahomans are some of the most patriotic people I have ever met, very Conservative, pro-America and pro military.

What they are trying to do is make sure that children and young people are not being lobotomized by these Marxist professors who seek to brainwash young people with this anti-American nonsense they have been spewing for years.

Old 02-23-2015, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
Oklahoma is probably the least politically correct state in the USA They don't mess around, they have some of the most rigid laws against illegal immigration and Oklahomans are some of the most patriotic people I have ever met, very Conservative, pro-America and pro military.

What they are trying to do is make sure that children and young people are not being lobotomized by these Marxist professors who seek to brainwash young people with this anti-American nonsense they have been spewing for years.
Which is a ridiculous mountain to die on given that the vast majority of high school students, even those who attend college, will never set foot in an AP History classroom. General US History education at the high school level effectively ends with freshman year. If Oklahomans have a problem with the way it's being taught, they need to look younger. Much younger.

Last edited by randomparent; 02-23-2015 at 08:06 PM..

Old 02-24-2015, 02:02 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,641,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
Republican presidents and governors do it all the time, they lower taxes on corporations and the rich, and then they cut education funding.
Republicans Slash Public Education to Fund Tax Cuts For Millionaires and Corporations

GW Bush gave America's richest 1% $1.1 trillion dollars in tax cuts.
Bush Tax Cuts After 2002: June 2002 CTJ Analysis

Then because Bush's tax cuts reduced tax revenues, Bush cut education spending.
$2.5 Trillion Budget Plan Cuts Many Programs (washingtonpost.com)

Republican governor Bobby Jindal lowered taxes on the rich.
Louisiana Governor's New Plan Would Raise Taxes On Bottom 80 Percent Of Residents | ThinkProgress

Then Jindal cut education funding.
Cutting Louisiana higher education by $300 million, putting it into perspective | NOLA.com

Republican GOP leaders in Kansas lowered tax rates on corporations and the rich, and then they cut education funding.
Republicans Slash Public Education to Fund Tax Cuts For Millionaires and Corporations

A very high percentage of republican controlled states follow the same format. They lower taxes on corporations and the rich, then they place sales taxes on the poor and middle class, and then cut education funding.

GOP governors want higher education cuts to recoup budget shortfalls | MSNBC

Conservative States Starve Public Schools, Feed Rich With Tax Cuts

To Make Up For His Massive Tax Cuts, Kansas Governor Proposes Cutting Schools | ThinkProgress

"States Consider Increasing Taxes for the Poor and Cutting Them for the Affluent" (and then cutting education funding.)
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/14/up...abt=0002&abg=0
So what is the problem? After all, all of the above is precisely how most people in red Republican states, like Oklahoma, want state government to act. So they elected governors and legislators to do that and got what they voted for. They feel wealthy people deserve greater tax cuts because they contribute much more to society than people of modest means, while the steeply rising cost of education is becoming too costly for red states to afford.

Old 02-24-2015, 02:07 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,641,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post

Oklahomans also have great, great hatred and resentment against homosexuals. State legislators have submitted a dozen bills against them. They are expected to easily pass one by one out of legislative committees.

Old 02-24-2015, 06:27 AM

59,089 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
I 100% believe that republicans give tax cuts to the rich, and then do things like cut funding to education.

With me its not about left or right, rather its about the truth and whats best for America. And you seem to imply that my sources are lying. Could you please provide sources or explain how my sources are lying.

If anything I said or posted is untrue I would like to know.

Chad.
"I 100% believe that republicans give tax cuts to the rich"

Which proves you do NOT know much about repubs OR tax cuts.

"With me its not about left or right"

I call B.S. on this one. I have read your post over the years.

"and whats best for America.' NO, what YOU think is best for America, Many of us disagree with you.

"And you seem to imply that my sources are lying."

I didn't waste my time reading them. I have read them before. I am saing that they ALL are left biased sites and what they print in ONLY opinions, NOT facts.

Hey, if you want to claim you don't care about left or right then post ONLY very biased left sites, go ahead.

The rest of us are smarter then that.

Old 02-24-2015, 06:45 AM

59,089 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
And this is a problem because the entire point of the AP US History class is to prepare older high school students to pass an exam that will allow them to earn college credit. Let me reiterate that: a student in AP USH has already fulfilled the required US History course for high school graduation by the end of his sophomore year. Any school board member who messes with the AP curriculum is inviting trouble, because it is, in essence, a college-level course with college-level expectations. It is not one last opportunity for conservative board members to ensure the kids have an understanding of our founding documents and to push a pro-America agenda. That ship sailed at the end of sophomore year.
"And this is a problem" IMO, everyone who isn't blind KNOWS that the vast majority of teachers and school officials are left leaning.

The CURRENT curriculum reflects many of the lefts psitions.

Now the repubs are trying "straighten" the line and bring the curriculum back to the "center" more.

Old 02-24-2015, 07:10 AM

Quote:
"And this is a problem" IMO, everyone who isn't blind KNOWS that the vast majority of teachers and school officials are left leaning.

The CURRENT curriculum reflects many of the lefts psitions.

Now the repubs are trying "straighten" the line and bring the curriculum back to the "center" more.
No, they're trying to play chicken with the College Board using our students, and they shouldn't be surprised that there has been such an explosion of outrage from families whose kids are counting on AP USH to give them a jump on college. It was over-reach to mess with the AP History course. If they'd stuck with grade-level US History, this wouldn't even be an issue.

Old 02-24-2015, 07:25 AM

8,087 posts, read 9,841,048 times
I do not see what a political agitator like Malcom X(I mean X as a last name? come one that is a publicity stunt) is worthy of inclusion if one were to select from men of letters from all U.S. History.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies