Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2015, 08:29 AM

7,846 posts, read 6,407,870 times

Advertisements

If you oppose health care reform (the inferior Obamacare, or much preferred single-payer model), please list your reasons for doing so.

I oppose universal health care as a right for every American citizen because:

Good luck.

Old 02-18-2015, 08:33 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
I prefer to answer the question presented in the title.

Why not universal health care? It's because after first Hillary and then Obama screwing things up so badly by moving their plans behind closed doors only for people to find out how bad they were after the fact, no one trusts the government to go any further. One can't blame them.

I support universal health care and this is the same argument I used during the Obamacare debates. It was easy to see what was going to happen.

Old 02-18-2015, 08:39 AM

So, you support universal health care as long as it doesn't happen under President Obama or Clinton?

Old 02-18-2015, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
So, you support universal health care as long as it doesn't happen under President Obama or Clinton?

Neither of them presented a universal health care plan. I fully supported candidate Obama's plan for health care. It's too bad President Obama didn't.

Old 02-18-2015, 08:42 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,274,609 times
why not have UNIVERSAL everything??? let the government control everything!

Universal food
Universal housing
Universal transportation
Universal jobs and pay

Old 02-18-2015, 08:44 AM

23,561 posts, read 17,237,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
If you oppose health care reform (the inferior Obamacare, or much preferred single-payer model), please list your reasons for doing so.

I oppose universal health care as a right for every American citizen because:

Good luck.
There is no one qualified to manage a government healthcare system.

Old 02-18-2015, 08:44 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,709,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Neither of them presented a universal health care plan. I fully supported candidate Obama's plan for health care. It's too bad President Obama didn't.
So now you seem to be saying you wish that President Obama was elected king and was able to impose his universal healthcare plan by royal fiat rather than having it be affected by the political process, within which numerous often-conflicting perspectives are factored-in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
Universal food
Universal housing
Universal transportation
Universal jobs and pay
No one has expressed an interest in a universal healthcare plan within which was included unlimited amounts of cosmetic surgery (for example). So given that, your comment here seems to be beating around the bush of a rationalization of having people you don't care about starve, suffer from exposure to the elements, etc. What moral basis is there for coming so close to death-wishing others? None. So this isn't really a matter of letting government control everything, but rather forcing society to live up to its obligations to its most vulnerable members, to ensure people don't starve, to ensure people have a decent roof over their heads, to ensure people have opportunities to pay their own way and secure their own future, etc. Are these really things you want to object to? Do you hold out such a visceral hate for others that you would want them to endure such a lack?

Old 02-18-2015, 08:45 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,274,609 times
lets have universal food and universal housing. That's more important than universal health insurance.

liberals are clueless!!!

Old 02-18-2015, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
So now you seem to be saying you wish that President Obama was elected king and was able to impose his universal healthcare plan by royal fiat rather than having it be affected by the political process, within which numerous often-conflicting perspectives are factored-in.
I can't be against something that never happened. I can't be against Obama's universal health care plan when there never was one. That is what the accusation was.

Old 02-18-2015, 08:49 AM

Quote:

Universal food
Universal housing
Universal transportation
Universal jobs and pay
That doesn't answer the question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
There is no one qualified to manage a government healthcare system.
Based off what?

2.?
3.?

Quote:
lets have universal food and universal housing. That's more important than universal health insurance.

liberals are clueless!!!
That doesn't answer the question.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies