Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2015, 10:38 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,737,127 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
It's not as complicated as you try to make it seem.

To me, its not a stupid idea at all. Again, I ask the question of what socioeconomic racial inequality cost whites today? If the poverty rate for blacks was on par with what it is for whites today, billions would be saved in transfer payments (taxes). If black crime rate was on par with white crime rates, billions would be save on the prison industrial complex. If white per capita income was on par with whites, billions of more consumer purchasing would manifest each year, increasing GDP since 2/3 of GDP is consumer consumption.
Why would not society want to INVEST to do this?

The reason that society does not want to do this is the basic ideal of black inferiority. When people essentially believe that blacks are inferior that hence will conclude that no amount of monies and programs can create socioeconomic equality....without it essentially punishing whites by artificially subsidizing an equality that cannot be "naturally" sustained and maintained because the people that it is propping up are naturally inferior.

What tripe! What people essentially believe is that the issue is ANCIENT HISTORY. We are in no way responsible for what our ancestors did or may have done. If that is your premise then I should get money too as I have a direct descendent who died in the civil war fighting for the Union.

Old 02-19-2015, 10:39 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,643,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
They wrongly think that the money from these "reparations" would be payed out to them. LOL.

Of course that's just silly. These people would never see a dollar of any such money.
The money couldn't be paid out to them because Africans were equally complicit in the slave trade.

Since it would be practically impossible to see what black persons relatives might or might not have been involved in some fashion to the slave trade, you couldn't pay them that money.

All this would be is a tax collected by the government to do with as they chose.

Old 02-19-2015, 10:46 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,244,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
What tripe! What people essentially believe is that the issue is ANCIENT HISTORY. We are in no way responsible for what our ancestors did or may have done. If that is your premise then I should get money too as I have a direct descendent who died in the civil war fighting for the Union.
As did I.

Where is my reparations.

Old 02-19-2015, 10:46 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,719,352 times
Quote:
I was waiting for some genius to say that. Taxes have nothing to do with personal responsibility of the citizens in creating the reason for the tax. If you want to deny past liabilities this nation created through the acts of citizens and the government via law, then you, in principle, are saying that you should not receive any of the benefits/assets (like rights and freedoms) created via the sacrifices of others in the past. Much of what you enjoy in this nation......is the result of the sacrifices and actions of people long dead and gone....but you do not bat and eye over getting something that you are not responsible for creating.

The damage done from "ancient history" is current reality....that is what needs to be repaired.

Old 02-19-2015, 10:49 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,675,842 times
Quote:
If you have direct descendants who died in the Civil War, you must be about 200 years old.

Old 02-19-2015, 10:49 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,331,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Rangle is a tax dodging buffoon
He's also a race-bating hater of white America. A scum bag, like Sharpton.

Old 02-19-2015, 10:50 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,244,182 times
Quote:
I was waiting for some genius to say that. Taxes have nothing to do with personal responsibility of the citizens in creating the reason for the tax. If you want to deny past liabilities this nation created through the acts of citizens and the government via law, then you, in principle, are saying that you should not receive any of the benefits/assets (like rights and freedoms) created via the sacrifices of others in the past. Much of what you enjoy in this nation......is the result of the sacrifices and actions of people long dead and gone....but you do not bat and eye over getting something that you are not responsible for creating.
Past liabilities?

I say then we ship all those who claim a loss back from where their ancestors came from.

Old 02-19-2015, 10:53 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,532,119 times
Quote:
The reason that society does not want to do this is the basic ideal of black inferiority. When people essentially believe that blacks are inferior they, hence, will conclude that no amount of monies and programs can create socioeconomic equality....without it essentially punishing whites by artificially subsidizing an equality that cannot be "naturally" sustained and maintained because the people that it is propping up are naturally inferior.
Wow. Where to start....

There are several easy to understand reasons why our society regards this proposal as a nonstarter, including that it is dimwitted and blatantly self serving. The idea you are putting forward has nothing to do with it.

Rather, your suggestion appears to me to come from your own sense of inferiority, a concern which is without basis in reality. Our entire society really needs for you and anyone else who shares that unfortunate perspective to get past that somehow. I don't mean that in a berating way, but as an encouragement and as a hope.

However, there is only so much that others, including the government, can do to help with this. As hard as it is, a lot of this going to have to be done by you.

Old 02-19-2015, 10:55 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,719,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Past liabilities?

I say then we ship all those who claim a loss back from where their ancestors came from.
Of course you would......that way you can get/keep the benefit of something without paying the cost. That is your secret to success. Get more out of something than you put into it. You took the lands from the native Americans without giving something equal back, you took the labor from African Americans without giving something equal back, you took the resources from Africa, South America, without given something equal back.......and now you want to keep what you gained.

Old 02-19-2015, 10:58 AM

963 posts, read 690,496 times
Anybody advocating reperations from a group that has NOTHING to do with slavery is advocating slavery. They should lose their citizenship and transported back to Africa where they have a chance for happiness. They clearly will never find it here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies