Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2015, 12:52 PM

1,302 posts, read 1,578,925 times

Advertisements

Did You Really Think The News Was Not Biased To The Left ? Wonder Why ?
Ah, journalistic incest

IF YOU HAD A HUNCH THE NEWS SYSTEM WAS SOMEWHAT RIGGED AND YOU COULDN'T PUT YOUR FINGER ON IT, THIS MIGHT HELP YOU SOLVE THE PUZZLE.

ABC News executive producer Ian Cameron is married to Susan Rice, National Security Adviser.

CBS President David Rhodes is the brother of Ben Rhodes, Obama's Deputy National Security Adviser for Strategic Communications.

ABC News correspondent Claire Shipman is married to former Whitehouse Press Secretary Jay Carney

ABC News and Univision reporter Matthew Jaffe is married to Katie Hogan, Obama's Deputy Press Secretary

ABC President Ben Sherwood is the brother of Obama's Special Adviser Elizabeth Sherwood

CNN President Virginia Moseley is married to former Hillary Clinton's Deputy Secretary Tom Nides.

And now you know why it is no surprise the media usually goes very easy on Obama's many errors.

Ya think there might be a little bias in the news?

Ya Think?

Nature Society Publisher

Last edited by Litefoot; 02-19-2015 at 12:56 PM.. Reason: Credits
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2015, 01:10 PM

31,062 posts, read 22,086,243 times
Absolutely, I watch most of those Channels but you know what they are going to say before they open their mouths, so its kind of predictable.

Old 02-19-2015, 01:13 PM

8,030 posts, read 9,054,282 times
That's why most of them have been MIA on reporting real news for the last six years. When any tried... well... look at Sharyl Attkisson.

Old 02-19-2015, 01:14 PM

11,998 posts, read 12,938,715 times
The mass media is biased toward the interests of the nation-less corporations that own it-disgusting that it is only 6 companies now-they are neither left nor right leaning but sure know how to keep you angry at your fellow Americans.

Old 02-19-2015, 01:14 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,528,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Litefoot View Post
Did You Really Think The News Was Not Biased To The Left ? Wonder Why ?
Ah, journalistic incest

IF YOU HAD A HUNCH THE NEWS SYSTEM WAS SOMEWHAT RIGGED AND YOU COULDN'T PUT YOUR FINGER ON IT, THIS MIGHT HELP YOU SOLVE THE PUZZLE.

ABC News executive producer Ian Cameron is married to Susan Rice, National Security Adviser.

CBS President David Rhodes is the brother of Ben Rhodes, Obama's Deputy National Security Adviser for Strategic Communications.

ABC News correspondent Claire Shipman is married to former Whitehouse Press Secretary Jay Carney

ABC News and Univision reporter Matthew Jaffe is married to Katie Hogan, Obama's Deputy Press Secretary

ABC President Ben Sherwood is the brother of Obama's Special Adviser Elizabeth Sherwood

CNN President Virginia Moseley is married to former Hillary Clinton's Deputy Secretary Tom Nides.

And now you know why it is no surprise the media usually goes very easy on Obama's many errors.

Ya think there might be a little bias in the news?

Ya Think?

Nature Society Publisher
Let me get this straight. You're using familial relations to show news bias? Is that correct?

That was fun. Let's try a few rounds of "The Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon."

Old 02-19-2015, 01:27 PM

1,006 posts, read 735,662 times
Firstly, no one should be forming political or social ideologies based around institutions that are ratings driven. This includes liberal and conservative outlets. Having a viable opinion on local and world issues requires an incredible amount of time spent researching historical events, stats, etc...I fortunately have more time on my hands than say some late 20's-30's couple with kids who sit down for dinner and the news. But those like me are rare. Its easy to see why one could assume what you are saying but its simply because most do not understand what it takes to truly know whats occurring. How many individuals do you personally know that can give even a remotely accurate account of our geopolitical occurrences, international relations and history without referencing some popular televised news source. So many need their opinions dictated that its impossible to push through the required information to form valid ideas on world issues. This is all a result of ratings driven news and television.

Old 02-19-2015, 01:45 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times
That graphic is old, Miramax is not owned by Disney anymore. Hasn't been in almost 5 years.

Old 02-19-2015, 01:59 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,467,310 times
I thought right-wingers were proud that FoxNews has more viewers than all other cable news shows combined. With more than 50% of the viewership how can you claim liberal bias?

Old 02-19-2015, 02:07 PM

2,083 posts, read 1,621,084 times
The majority of journalists, reporters and anchors are Democrats.
The majority of writers, directors and producers are Democrats.
The majority of actors, musicians and artists are Democrats.

I don't know how anyone can, with a straight face, deny the left-wing bias in our media when it's an industry that is dominated by Liberals.

Old 02-19-2015, 02:09 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
I thought right-wingers were proud that FoxNews has more viewers than all other cable news shows combined. With more than 50% of the viewership how can you claim liberal bias?
Am I the only one to notice the poster had no ill-will to Fox in that post. Note: I saw a fairly similar claim (minus how much power companies have) on another thread about Fox about a week ago...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies