Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2016, 01:11 AM

1,150 posts, read 1,115,576 times

Advertisements

I was surprised Obama has invited the Black Lives Matter guy to the White House , I couldn't see Theresa May doing that. They should rename ALL lives matter. Have all the dead police families been invited to the White House?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2016, 03:17 AM

5,756 posts, read 4,013,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
I don't think Guiliani is wrong. Where I differ is that I don't care.

If Obama hold the view that America is not the greatest and should be criticized, Obama and I are on the same page. American exceptionalism is delusional. We haven't done anything remarkable in the last 20 years. We've barley done anything remarkable in the last 50.

I think the notion that Obama isn't doing what he views as best for the country is idiotic. If he hated this country, there would be no doubt that he did. He's got about 2 years of his presidency left; he's got quite a bit of work to do if he wants to ruin this nation, and frankly, if we can actually be crippled beyond repair in that short time, we deserve it.

America is not the greatest nation in the world anymore, if it ever was. Obama knows this, intelligent people know this. Everyone would like it to be. Obama likely included. He's cynical about what we are now and think he's got a better idea for America's future.

That's all this is. I don't think it's a bad thing to have a president who only ever sees America as being star-spangled ****ing awesome all the time. Reasonable cynicism is necessary if we ever want to be the best. If we continue to assume we are, we will never be.

That said, I look forward to someone other than Obama being the president. I like his character, and I think he's got some reasonably ideas, but he's not what's best for the country right now.
We are Awesome!
Freedom is Awesome!
Try North Korea for a year there then return to the good old USA you will be kissin' old Uncle Sams Star Spangled bootie....
Obama is intelligent?
LMAO...

Old 07-19-2016, 07:39 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,992,626 times
Malina will be a breathe of FRESH AIR.......class and elegance, in the WH, she LOVES this country!

Old 07-19-2016, 08:29 AM

30,997 posts, read 19,590,236 times
Obama may love his country, he just doesn't love the USA...he's a hater.

Old 07-19-2016, 08:48 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,992,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Obama may love his country, he just doesn't love the USA...he's a hater.
If I was given 3 words to describe this President, somehow this word is not one I would choose. I don't even see it through his family! Unless, we are speaking about spending $$$$$.

Old 07-19-2016, 08:54 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,129,486 times
America is not Obamas country. He's better suited for any number of Islamic countries in the Middle East.

Old 07-19-2016, 09:01 AM

45,381 posts, read 26,653,474 times
Neither Giuliani nor Obama love freedom and that is what this country is supposedly all about, but what they both have in common is love of govt and the control it gives them over the common man...which has nothing to do with loving America.

The above statement could apply to just about every modern day politician.

Old 07-19-2016, 10:07 AM

35,511 posts, read 17,421,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
obama had absolutely nothing to do with the demise of OBL except that he left Reggie's arms long enough to pose for a picture. He has worked hard for eight years to destroy America. He hate America, he hates whites, he hates cops, etc, etc. It would be hard to find anyone more un-Ameriucan than wimpy obama...
He sure showed that with his speech at Dallas where he excused the killings on the basis of the "black experience."
Quote:
Originally Posted by England Dan View Post
I was surprised Obama has invited the Black Lives Matter guy to the White House , I couldn't see Theresa May doing that. They should rename ALL lives matter. Have all the dead police families been invited to the White House?
This is on the same page as Mayor Dinkins going to a drug dealer's funeral, but not attending funerals of slain police officers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbdowndemocrats View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
I don't think Guiliani is wrong. Where I differ is that I don't care.

If Obama hold the view that America is not the greatest and should be criticized, Obama and I are on the same page. American exceptionalism is delusional. We haven't done anything remarkable in the last 20 years. We've barley done anything remarkable in the last 50.

I think the notion that Obama isn't doing what he views as best for the country is idiotic. If he hated this country, there would be no doubt that he did. He's got about 2 years of his presidency left; he's got quite a bit of work to do if he wants to ruin this nation, and frankly, if we can actually be crippled beyond repair in that short time, we deserve it.

America is not the greatest nation in the world anymore, if it ever was. Obama knows this, intelligent people know this. Everyone would like it to be. Obama likely included. He's cynical about what we are now and think he's got a better idea for America's future.

That's all this is. I don't think it's a bad thing to have a president who only ever sees America as being star-spangled ****ing awesome all the time. Reasonable cynicism is necessary if we ever want to be the best. If we continue to assume we are, we will never be.

That said, I look forward to someone other than Obama being the president. I like his character, and I think he's got some reasonably ideas, but he's not what's best for the country right now.
We are Awesome!
Freedom is Awesome!
Try North Korea for a year there then return to the good old USA you will be kissin' old Uncle Sams Star Spangled bootie....
Obama is intelligent?
LMAO...
You nailed it. It's fashionable for the left to hate America. Let them try another place like Cuba or NK and see how much they like it. Or just ask them how many boats flee south from Florida to Cuba.

Old 07-19-2016, 10:13 AM

63,917 posts, read 46,950,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
Well Obama's wife DID say "For the first time in my adult life, I am proud of my country."

That should have raised red flags immediately.
Because no politician or spouse thereof has never flubbed a public remark?

Old 07-19-2016, 10:16 AM

35,511 posts, read 17,421,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
Well Obama's wife DID say "For the first time in my adult life, I am proud of my country."

That should have raised red flags immediately.
Because no politician or spouse thereof has never flubbed a public remark?
That was no flub. She was saying that basically she thought (and probably still thinks) that the U.S. is largely wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies