Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2015, 05:21 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,524,115 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by billydaman View Post
You cant define what a living wage is and coming from someone who complains you cant make it on 36K a year in reasonable part of the country, I can see why. If you cant make it on 36K a year giving your stated circumstances, you are not going to make even if you double it.

Shhh your hurting yourself by thinking too hard. Sorry bub 36K isn't a lot of money for two people to live here in Asheville. Nothing is reasonable here & PLEASE stop derailing the thread. I've mentioned what a living wage is.

Old 02-26-2015, 05:33 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,295,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
It seems that some of you are against people making a decent wage to support themselves & their families.
Really? Who would be against that? But, that is something the individual must do for himself. You are responsible for that. Not someone else.

Quote:
All cities are different here in Asheville the living wage is between $11.00-$12.00 an Hr.
Would it be so bad if each city paid a living wage? Or would this offend those who think the working class should stay poor?

Why do we have to keep revisiting this nonsensical argument? Get off your butt and WORK! It is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to provide for your family.

An employer has no responsibility to pay YOU what you think is a "living wage!" An employer pays according to the value of the service you provide, and any job is only worth what an employer is willing to pay for it.

Can we please end these stupid discussions about a "living wage" now?

Old 02-26-2015, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
You want "the cities" to pay a living wage?
I reject this notion of "working class." Anyone who is employed works, whether the CEO or the guy who sweeps the floor. And the CEO has far more responsibility and works harder than those at the bottom of the ladder.

The fact is, the average employee doesn't have the brains to run a company. But they all think they could do a better job than the CEO, whom they think simply sits at his desk with his feet up and smokes cigars!

Old 02-26-2015, 05:40 AM

Quote:
No, said city determents what it cost to live in said city & they make sure that business have to pay that wage.
Good way to drive business out of said city. Under such oppression, businesses would flee.

Where does Freedom and Liberty fit in to this picture? Doesn't sound like America.

Old 02-26-2015, 05:41 AM

6,369 posts, read 6,405,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
I reject this notion of "working class." Anyone who is employed works, whether the CEO or the guy who sweeps the floor. And the CEO has far more responsibility and works harder than those at the bottom of the ladder.

The fact is, the average employee doesn't have the brains to run a company. But they all think they could do a better job than the CEO, whom they think simply sits at his desk with his feet up and smokes cigars!
I applauded this post so hard, the ashes fell off the end of my cigar and I had to take my feet off the desk to stand up to brush them off.

Old 02-26-2015, 05:42 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,700,286 times
Quote:
Shhh your hurting yourself by thinking too hard. Sorry bub 36K isn't a lot of money for two people to live here in Asheville. Nothing is reasonable here & PLEASE stop derailing the thread. I've mentioned what a living wage is.
Right-wingers cannot allow a principles-based discussion go on with regard to labor and wages. It destroys the corrupt narrative they rely on to foster the comfort and luxury of the fortunate over the basic needs of those less fortunate. They would rather throw a figurative stink bomb into the middle of such a discussion than see their avaricious policy perspectives subjected to reasonable moral scrutiny.

Old 02-26-2015, 05:45 AM

Quote:
So your want to keep said class of people poor... I got it.
Huh??? Are you really serious? Where does YOUR RESPONSIBILITY for yourself come in?

This is the "gimmie, gimmie" generation. It's sad that America has come to this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies