Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2015, 04:50 PM

2,137 posts, read 1,902,620 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cisco kid View Post
Correct. Why is this even being debated? Whether sexuality is innate or a choice
doesn't matter. Unless one is a mindreader, it can never be known anyway if
someone else chose their sexuality or were born with it.

Even if they did choose to be gay what so what? What two consenting adults do in
their own bedroom is their right and no one's business but theirs. And yet the
fundie thought police will never stop obsessing about it.
My argument is not about obsessing over gay thoughts, it is against including sexuality among the protected classes (race, gender, religion, etc). "you fired me because im a tranny" No you got fired because you act ridiculous and creep out the customers.

Old 03-04-2015, 04:55 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFi View Post
My argument is not about obsessing over gay thoughts, it is against including sexuality among the protected classes (race, gender, religion, etc). "you fired me because im a tranny" No you got fired because you act ridiculous and creep out the customers.
Would you be okay with your employer firing you because of your sexuality and no other reason?

Old 03-04-2015, 04:59 PM

2,137 posts, read 1,902,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Would you be okay with your employer firing you because of your sexuality and no other reason?
It is at will employment, he can fire me if he doesn't like my haircut. Of course I wouldn't be ok with it as in I would be pissed, id tell my friends what a he is. but i wouldn't trump up some bs lawsuit, as he has his rights as I have mine.

Last edited by CaseyB; 03-05-2015 at 04:43 AM.. Reason: language

Old 03-04-2015, 05:01 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
It is at will employment, he can fire me if he doesn't like my haircut. Of course I wouldn't be ok with it as in I would be pissed, id tell my friends what a he is. but i wouldn't trump up some bs lawsuit, as he has his rights as I have mine.
Well it is a shame that you would be okay with your employer violating your rights. I guess some people are okay with having their rights violated for something they cannot change about themselves.

Last edited by CaseyB; 03-05-2015 at 04:43 AM..

Old 03-04-2015, 05:23 PM

4,019 posts, read 3,952,731 times
Quote:
My argument is not about obsessing over gay thoughts,

But as we all know there are no shortage of those who do constantly obsess over
why gay people are gay, as evidenced by all the long threads on that very topic.

It's stupid and irrelevant.

Old 03-04-2015, 06:40 PM

2,463 posts, read 2,788,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
There are not so many threads about homosexuality on this forum. There are far more about Obama, Abortion, Gun rights, and ISIS. Also Homosexuality is a very relevant topic in today's society. Do you come into every thread about homosexuals and complain that it (the thread) exists? I am not curious or scared about my sexuality (I am straight) but this is a discussion forum that focuses on Politics and other controversies (this thread), and just so you know you don't have to feel obligated to participate in threads you don't care for such as this one.
The problem is, it is the same threads about homosexuality over and over, and over. It seems once a particular thread burns itself out, or more likely gets closed by a mod over hostility, another one pops up on the same subject matter. Truthfully, there should be enough gay people out there you can ask. I have yet to meet any that indicate their sexual orientation was a choice, in fact, if it were a choice I'm sure no one would choose it considering the considerable animosity, discrimination and isolation it creates.

As far as bisexuals, every one I have met is usually struggling with their sexual orientation, and can't come to terms with it, or do have a decided preference in spite of classifying themselves as "bisexual." Many seem to enjoy the benefits of having it both ways, while ignoring the disadvantages which come with being labeled gay. I have never heard of a bisexual, married to a person of the opposite sex, who is not getting some gay sex action on the side.

Last edited by 9162; 03-04-2015 at 07:08 PM..

Old 03-04-2015, 06:45 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,885,782 times
Default Why?

Why are we acknowledging this topic on a Political thread.????

Most people do care and its like the LBGT is trying to garner acceptance from Conservatives and Christians alike..

They got rights as Civil Unions in many states.

Old 03-04-2015, 06:45 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,774,139 times
Quote:
Transgender doesn't refer to one's sexuality. And how do they act ridiculous?

Old 03-04-2015, 06:46 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,774,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
Why are we acknowledging this topic on a Political thread.????

Most people do care and its like the LBGT is trying to garner acceptance from Conservatives and Christians alike..

They got rights as Civil Unions in many states.
Actually, no, they don't. And who needs Civil Unions when most states now have gay marriage.

Old 03-04-2015, 06:50 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,885,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Actually, no, they don't. And who needs Civil Unions when most states now have gay marriage.
By Legal Description and it still a civil Union.
Those states who follow the will of the Voters and stick to traditional Family Values.

One Man and One Woman!
God Bless!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies