Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2015, 08:05 AM

5,064 posts, read 5,730,610 times

Advertisements

DiBlassio should lose his job. After the police came and told him that what the man was doing was legal, he got up on stage and tried to shame the man in front of the entire audience. And then posted the guy's picture and name on FB.

Quote:
After the last song (about global unity and peace, from the olympics. .oy), I got up on my soapbox — literally, it was a theatre box — and announced as much to the entire audience.
http://news.yahoo.com/school-choir-d...184409725.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2015, 08:16 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,114,106 times
Considering the prevalence of nut jobs blowing people away in this country, the reaction is understandable.

Old 03-09-2015, 08:22 AM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Considering the prevalence of nut jobs blowing people away in this country, the reaction is understandable.
Not really...but if it makes you justify your feelings...

Old 03-09-2015, 08:31 AM

9,437 posts, read 7,370,953 times
Quote:
Congratulations! You've been successfully brainwashed by the media. Not jobs blowing away random people is so rare it's a statistical anomaly, but the media focusing on it 24x7 for weeks and months on the rare times it happens gives some people the perception it is a common occurrence, but it isn't. You're more likely to be shot by a police officer than some random 'nut job'.

Old 03-09-2015, 08:40 AM

59,089 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigby06 View Post
This is an example of a person not breaking the law, open carrying their firearm where it is legal to do so, and not only having the police called on them, but to have the same person who called the police to flame that person on social media for open carrying a firearm.

See Link Below:
School Choir Director And College Professor FREAK OUT And Call The Cops On Man Legally Carrying A Gun
"School Choir Director". "College professor"

Nothing else needs to be said!

Old 03-09-2015, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
I would do it anyway, if I felt the need to be armed at that function. It's a bad law to allow open carry in a schoolyard, IMO.
Let's face it. There's lots of bad gun law on the books, put there by politicians who prey on people's emotions and fears. Here in Arizona, our gun rights organization has been doing everything possible to reverse the bad laws on the books with varying degrees of success.

Nobody has ever printed me carrying a firearm and I carry all the time. Just today there is a local gun show in my town and I was going to dump 3200 rds of ammo that I don't even have a firearm for. Ammo is hot right now. CZech silvertip 7.62. Considered Unicorn ammo or unobtanium. Sold it in ten minutes to a vendor for 45 cents a round. He'll mark it up double and sell it by the box.
Point of the story is that when I wheeled in the ammo on a dolly, I forgot I was carrying a loaded weapon. I wheeled in two cases and then went out to my truck to get the other two cases. Both times, it didn't dawn on me that I was carrying a loaded weapon as it is second nature for me. It wasn't until I come out that I realized I just broke the law,........twice. Under no circumstances are loaded weapons allowed at gun shows.
I would have left it in my truck if I'd remembered to. But deep concealment got me by the checkpoints with no one the wiser.
The guy who carried openly at a children's recital was a jerk, plain and simple. He managed to stampede the sheep. Watch the pushback responsible gun owners get for his actions.
"The guy who carried openly at a children's recital was a jerk, plain and simple."

It MAY be plain AND simple to you but NOT to may others.

"this guy got the reaction he was looking for based on what is known about him being an outspoken advocate of Open Carry and so forth"

IMO, and that is ALL ANY of you are posting, YOUR opinion, I think he is ptotestng CC laws.

I find some of the same people complaining about HIS protesting are the same ones who have no problem with OTHER types of protesting.

Burning the U.S. flag.

MLK

Blacks in Selma.

Rosa Parks

Gay's in the St. Patrick's Day parade

Students on campus's, from Viet Nam to today

The Occupy Movement, etc.

Last edited by Quick Enough; 03-09-2015 at 09:11 AM..

Old 03-09-2015, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Towner View Post
It also includes my right to tell those people how dumb they are.
No, it is your RIGHT to tell people how dumb YOU THINK THEY ARE.

Just BECAUSE YOU think it is dumb doe NOT make it so.

Old 03-09-2015, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Towner View Post
It also includes my right to tell those people how dumb they are.
No, it is your RIGHT to tell people how dumb YOU THINK THEY ARE.

Just BECAUSE YOU think it is dumb doe NOT make it so.

Calling someone "dumb" for doing what the law says is OK to do would make SOME peole call YOU the dumb one.

Old 03-09-2015, 09:52 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,898,761 times
Quote:
What prevalance? Statisticaly speaking, mass shootings make up about 1/10th of 1% of all crime.

Violent crime is on the downswing at 30 year lows.

Old 03-09-2015, 09:56 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,898,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"this guy got the reaction he was looking for based on what is known about him being an outspoken advocate of Open Carry and so forth"

IMO, and that is ALL ANY of you are posting, YOUR opinion, I think he is ptotestng CC laws.
Oh, good. So you agree with me then that what he did was more about making a point than about self-defense. We agree.
Quote:
I find some of the same people complaining about HIS protesting are the same ones who have no problem with OTHER types of protesting.

Burning the U.S. flag.

MLK

Blacks in Selma.

Rosa Parks

Gay's in the St. Patrick's Day parade

Students on campus's, from Viet Nam to today

The Occupy Movement, etc.
I find all disrespectful, "in-your-face" type protest to be annoying. Gay pride parades. If you're gay, Just be gay and live your life. Westboro Baptist Church protesting at funerals. Etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies