Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2015, 01:54 PM

52,735 posts, read 34,643,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
No, I do not think he should keep his job.

Why would he lie? He must be expressing his true feelings.

BTW, my mother was a democrat, raised in Arkansas. Racist as they come, so this is not a surprise to me.

If a police officer in my town stated that his job is stomping old white women with short hair and blue eyes, I wouldn't feel very safe.
you could stop cutting your hair..

Old 03-11-2015, 01:54 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,664,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
The question is, should he be allowed to have any job?

If he worked as a clerk in the courthouse, should he have been fired?

If he worked as a fireman, should he have been fired?

If he worked as a doctor at a hospital, should he have been fired?
Why is that the question?

He is/was a police officer.

Now if he was a clerk in a courthouse and he publicly said his job is to destroy evidence that would exonerate a black person who was on trial, YES he should be fired.

If he was a fireman who publicly stated that he would not put out a house fire if the house belonged to a black person, YES he should be fired.

If he was a doctor and publicly stated he would mis-treat a black person to their detriment, YES he should be fired.

Feel free to exchange the word 'black' for any other race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, or any other qualifier. The outcome (being fired) should be the same.

Old 03-11-2015, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
you could stop cutting your hair..
Marginally funny, but I am sure even YOU can see the problem with that response.

Old 03-11-2015, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Marginally funny, but I am sure even YOU can see the problem with that response.
just saying. at least you named characteristics that can be changed.

as opposed to skin tones & stuff.

Old 03-11-2015, 02:19 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,388,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
Have you people ever played video games online? This kinds of trash-talking happens all the time. Thats all it really was, trash-talking. It just typical male banter, it happens everywhere. And the loudmouthed black guy was obviously being the primary instigator. Saying that even his dog is "Racist as ****", and that he was going to shoot up the guys house.

Its highly doubtful that the sheriff is actually racist, since he sounds like a wigger. This is really a "non-issue" that has been made into an issue because people have nothing better to do than complain all the time.

I hate the cops more than pretty much everyone, and I think they are basically the guard for our fascist government. But people who honestly criticize this man are either ignorant, malicious, or flat-out pathetic.

Get a life.

Good riddance, we do not need a cop who spouts the N-word. Maybe he can go on to become a rapper and Obama hierophant, but not a cop.

The fact is that the left is tolerant of this kind of thing, as shown by the lack of response by OP, or any other liberals, to the link I posted about a Seattle cop who uttered a racial slur and kept his job.

Old 03-11-2015, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
just saying. at least you named characteristics that can be changed.

as opposed to skin tones & stuff.
Yeah, skin tones and stuff are hard to change. That's why, if I was a Black person living in this 'police officer's' jurisdiction, I would not feel safe.

That's why he should be fired.

Old 03-11-2015, 02:36 PM

19,859 posts, read 12,145,210 times
No you cannot. You cannot even sterilize stupid.

Old 03-11-2015, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Yeah, skin tones and stuff are hard to change. That's why, if I was a Black person living in this 'police officer's' jurisdiction, I would not feel safe.

That's why he should be fired.
i agree.

that's why your short hair was a crappy analogy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies