Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2015, 02:13 PM

23,507 posts, read 12,509,523 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Take it up with the school administrators, not Obama. I know someone who was the chef at a public school district here. The lunches there were normal, good lunches. No one complained because he knew what he was doing. Hire someone competent & you'll get good nutritious lunches. Absurd to place blame on Michelle Obama.
Schools are following her guidelines.
Any school that can afford to hire a chef instead of a 'lunch lady' probably would have better meals, especially if that "chef" ignored her guidelines.

Old 03-16-2015, 02:15 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,555,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Schools are following her guidelines.
Any school that can afford to hire a chef instead of a 'lunch lady' probably would have better meals, especially if that "chef" ignored her guidelines.
It's called having someone on staff who knows what they're doing, whether they be a chef or a lunch lady. It's not that hard. How is it that some schools can't figure it out while others can, and they're all public schools? Because some people just don't care to figure it out. Take it up with the school administration, don't blame Michelle Obama.

Old 03-16-2015, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Good Lord, those are some nasty looking lunches being served on the Michelle Obama plan. Bet they are not serving that mess at the White House.

Nasty looking indeed. Those pics are just a few, of many, that kids across the country are posting in thanksmichelleobama

Old 03-16-2015, 02:52 PM

Quote:
It's called having someone on staff who knows what they're doing, whether they be a chef or a lunch lady. It's not that hard. How is it that some schools can't figure it out while others can, and they're all public schools? Because some people just don't care to figure it out. Take it up with the school administration, don't blame Michelle Obama.
Don't blame her, lol. Why not? It's her school lunch program that resulted in those nasty looking lunches. Yep, schools should "figure it out" by ignoring her school lunch program and create their own healthy lunch programs, since her program is seriously twisted. But, I'm sure many schools are following her program because it's saving them a lot of money on food and reduced kitchen staff. I wouldn't doubt that if parents do complain to the school administration, they would be told that the school is just following the lunch program that was set by Michelle.

Old 03-16-2015, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Don't blame her, lol. Why not? It's her school lunch program that resulted in those nasty looking lunches. Yep, schools should "figure it out" by ignoring her school lunch program and create their own healthy lunch programs, since her program is seriously twisted. But, I'm sure many schools are following her program because it's saving them a lot of money on food and reduced kitchen staff. I wouldn't doubt that if parents do complain to the school administration, they would be told that the school is just following the lunch program that was set by Michelle.
Like I said, get some competent people in the schools. It's not hard to rework a menu to be healthy & tasteul. Weird how hard it is for you to understand that.

Old 03-16-2015, 03:10 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,615,791 times
Quote:
Like I said, get some competent people in the schools. It's not hard to rework a menu to be healthy & tasteul. Weird how hard it is for you to understand that.
Ahh. Michelle Obama makes a dictate that requires all the school systems across the country to fire all their kitchen staff, meal planners, nutritionists, contractors and start anew.

LOL. Weird how far out there you will go to make excuses for the Obamas.

Old 03-16-2015, 03:11 PM

17,573 posts, read 15,243,114 times
I felt that what he said was referring to the makeup artist.. Saying that him painting himself up like MO looked like something out of Planet of the Apes.. But.. It could go either way..

Remember that Howard Cosell was fired for much less. Howard Cosell - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Then there was Jimmy the Greek and his comments.

Jimmy Snyder (sports commentator) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Cosell, in my opinion.. Didn't deserve what he got, mainly because of his track record prior(Muhammed Ali), and the fact that he had used the same term many times in the past in describing both whites and blacks..

Jimmy the Greek.. He was being factual.. Not exactly classy.. But factual.. And did not deserve to be fired until this line..

Quote:
Snyder also commented during the WRC-TV interview that if blacks "take over coaching jobs, like everybody wants them to, there's not to be anything left for white people."
That was the point for me that it went from.. Very insensitive into racist..

Old 03-16-2015, 03:13 PM

Quote:
How hard is it for you to read, and understand, where I said in my post that schools should 'ignore her school lunch program and create their own healthy lunch programs'?
You also must fail to understand that the schools that are following her program are saving money, and, if called out for those crap lunches they have an easy out by claiming they are simply following her program.

Old 03-16-2015, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Ahh. Michelle Obama makes a dictate that requires all the school systems across the country to fire all their kitchen staff, meal planners, nutritionists, contractors and start anew.
Oh, is that what happened?

Old 03-16-2015, 03:16 PM

Quote:
How hard is it for you to read, and understand, where I said in my post that schools should 'ignore her school lunch program and create their own healthy lunch programs'?
You also must fail to understand that the schools that are following her program are saving money, and, if called out for those crap lunches they have an easy out by claiming they are simply following her program.
Lol, what? Saving money is now....bad? Odd. Like I said, not hard to rework a menu & still make it nutritious, healthy & taste good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies