Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2015, 02:35 PM

4,529 posts, read 5,138,902 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasReb View Post
Nope, what matters is the moral values of the county I live in. I don't want to live in one where I have to explain to my grandchildren why two men or two women can introduce their partners as their husbands/wives. It is sick.

Bigotry? Gimme a break. Why is it you "gay rights" crowd must frame everything in terms of "bigotry"? Is that the only way you can make your case?

Fine. I am a pure bigot and proud of it.

Why do you find the love two people have for one another sick?

Old 03-17-2015, 02:42 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,945,990 times
Quote:
Probably. It won't change my mind though. Which is all that matters to me.
Good for you.

As for those who are going to get legally married and the Americans who support them, they don't give a flying fig about your opinion ...

Old 03-17-2015, 02:48 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,562,968 times
Quote:
Nope, what matters is the moral values of the county I live in. I don't want to live in one where I have to explain to my grandchildren why two men or two women can introduce their partners as their husbands/wives. It is sick.

Bigotry? Gimme a break. Why is it you "gay rights" crowd must frame everything in terms of "bigotry"? Is that the only way you can make your case?

Fine. I am a pure bigot and proud of it.
Hey, you can always move to one of those muslim countries where they jail or kill gay people. That sounds like you'd enjoy that environment.

Old 03-17-2015, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
Because it affects the society, and everybody is a part of the society?
You really think those things are isolated, independent with other issues?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
How does it affect society? My spouse and I have been together for 36 years, if anything that is positive for society. How does our marriage affect anyone, how does a straight marriage affect anyone?

It affects society in that it de-legitimizes prejudice, hatred and bigotry.

The same way the passage of civil rights laws for any other minority, be they Jews, Hispanics, the handicapped or African-Americans affected society.

Old 03-17-2015, 02:53 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,514,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Well not every family is the same, my wife's mother ran out on them and was just raised by her father. Families are all different, I doubt that "girl in the article" would have wanted to remove any of her mothers to replace them with a man.
All are tragic, I don't disagree with that.

Old 03-17-2015, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Great post! Here is another along the same lines, by a gay man:

Who explains to the young daughters when they reach an age how to deal with their growing breasts, their periods, boyz sniffing around them demanding b**w jobs, how you stay chaste, how to deal with the meanness of other little girls, what PMS feels like and how to deal with it, the expectations of motherhood, what to expect with a baby in your belly, how you feel with various kinds of birth control, how other women feel and what is going on almost every day of your uniquely female life? Huh? How is it two men think they have what it takes to raise a female child, or two women think they have a clue about the pressures of being a boy and dealing with the pressures of testosterone, male bonding, etc.

Oh yes, it’s so very politically incorrect to dare suggest that a child is entitled to parents
of both sexes, but in point of fact, THAT IS HOW NATURE INTENDED human
children are raised. Sorry, I know it is a hanging offense to suggest in
this oversensitive age that child raising and homosexuality might have even
the slightest hint of a problem, but then of course who gives a **** about
children when we’re talking about OUR RIGHTS?
This is just a silly post. There are many, many single men raising children and shocker!!!! some of those are of the female gender!

Old 03-17-2015, 02:55 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,514,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
Good for you.

As for those who are going to get legally married and the Americans who support them, they don't give a flying fig about your opinion ...
And neither do activists judges, that is why we need to think long and hard before we vote in the next election.

Old 03-17-2015, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
And neither do activists judges, that is why we need to think long and hard before we vote in the next election.
Just an FYI, no good judge should take into account anyone's opinion.

Old 03-17-2015, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Yes, but it is normal. Man and woman.
"Heterosexuality is not normal. It may be common, but not normal." - Dorothy Parker

Old 03-17-2015, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
SSM obviously redefines marriage.

Before ssm, the very definition of marriage meant that a spouse of a married woman was a man (of the same race). You could ask a married woman what her husband's name was or if He was coming to the office party or how old He is, etc.. You could do that because every law defined marriage as woman/man ( of the same race).

Though I support ssm, I won't pretend it's not a redefinition of marriage.

By that estimation, we redefined marriage with Loving vs. Virginia. Why all the fuss now? We did it once already.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies