Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2015, 10:46 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Oh no, I'm not a Republican. But since Medicare recipients oppose the ACA/Obamacare, I support the abolishment of both. The Republican leadership are only too happy to give you a voucher and reduce benefits. Their budget proposal Tuesday was perfectly timed. I especially like the part where the Republican budget says "unspecified Medicare cuts". More to come!
LOL, "I'm not a Republican but". . . You're a Republican if you support this dreck. There you go again too with a blanket statement about Medicare recipients.

Old 03-20-2015, 01:00 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,436,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
We do, they pay taxes and contribute in other ways throughout their lives.
And they need to pay more for their upbringings.

Old 03-20-2015, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
No, we need them. They are the future of the nation. Old people are a economic waste of resources. If resources are truly too limited to care for all, then they should be taken first from the elderly. We can debate whether we are willing to squander money on the aged, but spending money on the well-being of youth is clearly in our national interest.
That was true when this country was productive with few or no welfare programs.

Now we have legions of poor immigrants and ghetto kids who are not going to be productive, not going to get a good education, who will be on welfare, and who are going to be more of a burden than a benefit to society.

Add to that the ingratitude of the young, who would have absolutely nothing if the old hadn't worked and produced, and you can see that this country is going down.

The great thing about that is that the decline will hurt the young, not the old. Justice will be done.

Old 03-20-2015, 01:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Spoken like a true senior. I'm white - Swedish white. Not that it should matter. Just listen to what you said there. Are boomers more entitled because they are white? What does that even mean? And since I'm white, does that support or negate your argument?

Seniors are opposed to Obamacare. But they love their Medicare and they suck up a bunch of Medicaid too. They want all the entitlements in the world which they didn't pay enough in to cover, but they think this has something to do with skin color? At least you live up to your stereotype.
I notice you simply ignore people who show that you are wrong.

Too busy hating old white people, I guess.

You're just another one of those pathetic, guilt ridden whites brainwashed by racist anti-white teachers into anti-white racism and ageism who wallows in self-hatred, hatred of others, hatred of those who work and produce, and overall hatred of America as it exists today. Not an uncommon breed nowadays. Add to that your ignorance, and you amount to quite the charmer.

Obamacare offers full subsidies to many people, and puts many other people on Medicaid where they pay nothing. But to you, there is no difference between that and an insurance program (Medicare) that people have to pay into before they get any benefits, with many of those people never getting them because they die before they are 65 or are just plain too healthy to need care.

Old 03-20-2015, 01:31 AM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Or you know folks...most countries have socialized medicine with similiar or better results for half the cost.

I know crazy talk right?
They pay REGRESSIVE taxes for that. Will Americans agree to a regressive tax system in exchange for better social benefits? I don't think so. The takers only want free stuff that someone else has to pay for.

Old 03-20-2015, 01:36 AM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post

Now we have legions of poor immigrants and ghetto kids who are not going to be productive, not going to get a good education, who will be on welfare, and who are going to be more of a burden than a benefit to society.

Add to that the ingratitude of the young, who would have absolutely nothing if the old hadn't worked and produced, and you can see that this country is going down.

The great thing about that is that the decline will hurt the young, not the old. Justice will be done.
Sadly, that's all true.

Old 03-20-2015, 07:07 AM

62,959 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
I notice you simply ignore people who show that you are wrong.

Too busy hating old white people, I guess.

You're just another one of those pathetic, guilt ridden whites brainwashed by racist anti-white teachers into anti-white racism and ageism who wallows in self-hatred, hatred of others, hatred of those who work and produce, and overall hatred of America as it exists today. Not an uncommon breed nowadays. Add to that your ignorance, and you amount to quite the charmer.

Obamacare offers full subsidies to many people, and puts many other people on Medicaid where they pay nothing. But to you, there is no difference between that and an insurance program (Medicare) that people have to pay into before they get any benefits, with many of those people never getting them because they die before they are 65 or are just plain too healthy to need care.
Well stated!

Old 03-20-2015, 07:23 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,713,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradiseca View Post
The Tea Party types will scream for about 10 seconds about the Doc Fix and then slip their hands under the table to take another handout.
That $200 Billion dollars for Medicare is exactly what I'm talking about. There are 50 Million Medicare recipients right now and that works out to $4000 for each one of them. The TEA excuse was they claimed they had been "Taxed Enough Already" thus saying they felt they were paying too much. Too much? Look at them with their hands out. They didn't pay enough to receive the Medicare they are getting.

And did you see any Tea Party protests when Medicare Part D was passed? That was completely unfunded but these guys had no problem with it because if the money is for them, their "tea party principles" go right out the window.

Old 03-20-2015, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
They payREGRESSIVE taxes for that. Will Americans agree to a regressive tax system in exchange for better social benefits? I don't think so. The takers only want free stuff that someone else has to pay for.
Do you not see the hypocrisy? You want us to pay for you, while you complain about the very people that are...paying for you.

Old 03-20-2015, 07:31 AM

Quote:

You are the equivalent of welfare recipients. You didn't pay to cover your health coverage. You want and expect us to pay for you while we also pay for ourselves and our families. There are 50 Million of you and you also suck up Medicaid (welfare!). Got that? You seniors take all the Medicare, Medicare Part D, Medicare Part B and Medicaid! And you complain about welfare while you do it?

You need your copays and premiums increased to cover what you never paid for. You did not pay enough. Accept it.

And Republican congressmen submitted their budget Tuesday which privatizes Medicare by using vouchers and identifies an "undisclosed amount" of Medicare cuts. Don't look at me, that's your congressmen! Poetic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies