Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2015, 02:15 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,683,227 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
I thought Conservatives/Republicans were the party of family values.
No, they like to get naked a lot and cheat on their spouses.

Old 03-18-2015, 02:17 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,254,842 times
Quote:
I guess he has become irrelevant to all except those who objectify women.

Playboy Interview: Dick Cheney | Playboy
And liberals go in a frenzy whenever Cheney speaks no matter the publication.

Old 03-18-2015, 02:22 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,388,672 times
Scandalous! If dem biddies are not outraged, they're not paying attention!

Old 03-18-2015, 02:37 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,127,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post

Just a quick list of some of the political figures:

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
Fidel Castro
Jimmy Carter
Lech Walesa
Imelda and Ferdinand Marcos
Yasser Arafat
Rep. Barney Frank (D-Mass.)
Wikipedia has a complete list:

List of people in Playboy 1960

Malcolm X
Eldridge Cleaver
Jesse Jackson
George McGovern
Charles Evers
Abbie Hoffman
Daniel Patrick Moynihan (twice)
G. Gordon Liddy
Ed Koch
Daniel Ortega
Bernie Sanders.....

That's just some of political figures, there is significant amount of other people like Bill Gates, Steven Jobs, Mike Wallace, Arianna Huffington........ the list is endless of some very prominent people.

Old 03-18-2015, 03:09 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,471,509 times
Quote:
Doesn't Playboy magazine have photos of naked women?
Sure it does, but your use of that was ridiculous. That's wacko feminism type thinking. The "all men are inherently rapists" type extreme feminism. America's Next Top Model also objectifies women and that's a show created by, produced by, and with a target audience of women. Nearly the entire advertising industry is based on objectifying something or someone. The notion that Playboy can be singled out as disgusting for objectifying women is tiresome bra burning feminist rhetoric that has long since been discredited. Rational people now realize that objectification occurs everywhere in modern society and occurs to everyone. Using objectification of women to slam Republicans is just lame at this point. This isn't the 1970s anymore.

Old 03-18-2015, 03:14 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,471,509 times
Quote:
I thought Conservatives/Republicans were the party of family values.
They aren't. That's your confusion. You're confusing your strawman fallacies with reality. Just because leftists make up rhetoric about Republicans doesn't make it true. You should try to distinguish between the truth and rhetoric.

Republicans being the party of family values is something that liberals say about Republicans, not something that Republicans say about themselves.

Who was it that wanted to ban music with explicit lyrics? Tipper Gore. The woman that you wanted as first lady. Not me. You.

Old 03-18-2015, 03:26 AM

4,477 posts, read 3,310,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
At least its more than what Joe Biden will be doing.
Joe who?

Old 03-18-2015, 05:26 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,589,820 times
Lightbulb Cheney reduced to doing interviews for Playboy magazine.

Getting a lot of softball meat pitches served up to him by a Fox News guy hardly qualifies as an interview. But considering his reputation, no one should expect the ol' chickenhawk to do anything honest.

Old 03-18-2015, 05:39 AM

23,601 posts, read 17,283,784 times
When Cheyney does "Green Lipstick" interview get back to us.

obama interviews with green - Bing Videos

Old 03-18-2015, 07:26 AM

11,232 posts, read 8,325,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
They aren't. That's your confusion. You're confusing your strawman fallacies with reality. Just because leftists make up rhetoric about Republicans doesn't make it true. You should try to distinguish between the truth and rhetoric.

Republicans being the party of family values is something that liberals say about Republicans, not something that Republicans say about themselves.

Who was it that wanted to ban music with explicit lyrics? Tipper Gore. The woman that you wanted as first lady. Not me. You.
Republicans don't say it about themselves, they just say it. (Always talking about family values, and how the liberal this and that have been the downfall of America. Come on man, it's constant.)

...and I totally agree with you about Tipper Gore. Although I don't recall her running for office. (You also didn't hear me complaining about how Nancy Reagan tried to direct her dimented husband with all sorts of astrological crap, but if I did say something like that, it would be more relevant than talking about the wife of someone who WASN'T our president for 8 years....)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies