Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2015, 08:09 AM

5,481 posts, read 8,579,715 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Even weirder is that the very first legal slave owner in america, happened to be black.

But people in this country, like the OP are ignorant to history, and like to believe only blacks were slaves.
This is true. His name was Anthony Johnson as a matter of fact.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2015, 08:11 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,709,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
how did Republicans create the massive poverty going through black neighborhoods?

Fact is, THEY DIDNT.. A LACK OF CAPITALISM in those neighborhoods cause it, and the Democratic solution is to hand out food stamps, claiming they "stimulate", as a cure.

Stop chasing capitalism out of these neighborhoods and poverty will disappear like they do everywhere.
I am not hear to bash the philosophy of conservatism or support the philosophy of liberalism. What I am saying is that the problem for blacks all along has been WHITE RACISM. I am saying now that White racism is using the ideology of conservatism to mask their racism. There was a time that White racism harbored itself in the Democratic party due to the action of the Republican President Lincoln, freeing the slaves and threatening their southern way of life (which was a racist way of life). Thus, Republican did not cause the ring of black poverty in cities....white racism did...

10,545 posts, read 13,587,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Their irrational hatred of the president isn't all that abstract. Add their similar reaction to the attorney general and you have a trend.
The trend is by their actions and policies. If you really want to assess it, you have to wonder if people would fall in line behind the policies if they were by a Clinton, Kerry, etc. I'm pretty sure that if you're honest, you will conclude the answer is no.

5,481 posts, read 8,579,715 times
I wish blacks would stop using Slavery as a crutch! Slavery ended 150 years ago. Repeat, 150 years ago. That excuse is tired and pathetic. You got problems, look in a mirror. You should be embarrasses and ashamed to keep using that crutch.

By comparison, the Jews were nearly annihilated on the entire planet by virtue of genocide. That's killed off, not enslaved. When they were freed, the world didn't want them and sent them away. They lived on ships in ports of countries that wouldn't let them off the boats and onto their land. They regrouped and focused on religion and education to build themselves up and look at them now. And that was just 70 years ago. Nearly twice as long since the end of slavery. You want to blame someone one, again, check the mirror. There are scores of blacks that have led moral lives, went to school, educated their children, prayed in church and they are very successful. More importantly, they DESPISE your lazy excuses.

Old 03-19-2015, 08:13 AM

4,103 posts, read 5,427,707 times
Republicans do NOT push blacks away, they WANT them. Thats why Herman Cain has his own flippin radio show where hes trying to convince blacks to stop worshiping the democratic party. The dems did a great job brainwashing blacks into thinking republicans hate them. It just keeps getting repeated on and on and the lie is perpetuated by the dems that keep it alive.Its slander and you guys are perpetuating it. I cant tell you how many blacks Ive talked to who vote dem because thats whats expected of them....

Old 03-19-2015, 08:14 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,707,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Next, I find the “ubiquitous†claim a common refrain when one presented with damaging evidence. In other words, when you cannot deny that something is true or evident, you then argue that I am making a ubiquitous claim, to which you can then refute by given an example to the contrary, as if the example nullifies the cases that are true. Nobody ever claimed that ALL republicans are racist. The claim is that the Republican party attracts racist and given them an outlet to be against blacks without having to overtly express that they are against blacks.
Good point. Much of right-wing rhetoric hinges on such fallacies. The antipathy for nuance stems from a realization that right-wing perspective is only successful in duping weak-minded sycophants when dumbed down. The nuance inherent in reality tends to both discredit right-wing perspective and make it less palatable to the right-wing's target demographic.

Old 03-19-2015, 08:14 AM

5,735 posts, read 3,254,101 times
as long as democrats keep throwing them money, they will always use slavery as a crutch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by louie0406 View Post
I wish blacks would stop using Slavery as a crutch! Slavery ended 150 years ago. Repeat, 150 years ago. That excuse is tired and pathetic. You got problems, look in a mirror. You should be embarrasses and ashamed to keep using that crutch.

By comparison, the Jews were nearly annihilated on the entire planet by virtue of genocide. That's killed off, not enslaved. When they were freed, the world didn't want them and sent them away. They lived on ships in ports of countries that wouldn't let them off the boats and onto their land. They regrouped and focused on religion and education to build themselves up and look at them now. And that was just 70 years ago. Nearly twice as long since the end of slavery. You want to blame someone one, again, check the mirror. There are scores of blacks that have led moral lives, went to school, educated their children, prayed in church and they are very successful. More importantly, they DESPISE your lazy excuses.

Old 03-19-2015, 08:15 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,709,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by louie0406 View Post

Where in the comments of the Lee Atwater was slavery mentioned? We can simply talk about the period from 1864 to the present to make a case. Would you be ok with that?

Old 03-19-2015, 08:16 AM

4,103 posts, read 5,427,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Their irrational hatred of the president isn't all that abstract. Add their similar reaction to the attorney general and you have a trend.
Their "hatred" is one towards a MAN who thinks that he's above the law....everything that man has done has been a one man show. Not sure how old you were in the 90s but that same hatred was directed towards Clinton....a WHITE man.

Old 03-19-2015, 08:17 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
I am not hear to bash the philosophy of conservatism or support the philosophy of liberalism. What I am saying is that the problem for blacks all along has been WHITE RACISM. I am saying now that White racism is using the ideology of conservatism to mask their racism. There was a time that White racism harbored itself in the Democratic party due to the action of the Republican President Lincoln, freeing the slaves and threatening their southern way of life (which was a racist way of life). Thus, Republican did not cause the ring of black poverty in cities....white racism did...
News flash, whites dont live in black poverty neighborhoods for the most part.

How are you going to blame "white racism" when THEY ARENT EVEN LIVING THERE

This is the argument I keep hearing from blacks over and over again and its ASININE.

My sister in law makes twice what I make, she's black, single mom, does a fantastic job at being a mom, but living in poverty, while I own multiple homes, multiple cars etc.

its HER POOR CHOICES causing her poverty. Not MY fault for making different decisions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies