Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2015, 12:33 PM

8,793 posts, read 8,168,172 times

Advertisements

Here is a cop who (appears to - at least) deserves to be looked after by her "brothers." I wonder how many of them have protected her by demanding that other cops "back off?" Amazing how many "good" cops will look after other bad cops before they support another good one.

A plague of ‘professional courtesy’ - The Washington Post

I personally don't have a facebook account so I wonder how many of those who "signed" are cops who list their rank and association.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

Last edited by blktoptrvl; 03-27-2015 at 12:43 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2015, 12:49 PM

2,950 posts, read 1,638,496 times
I remember this story.

Unbelievable that her brothers in blue are attacking her for doing her job, while they are breaking the law by looking up her personal info. They need to be fired and charged with stalking, harassment and anything else that is appropriate.

Old 03-27-2015, 01:26 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,828,810 times
Wow, this is horrible what they have done to her. I highly doubt any of the harrassing officers will even be punished. Kudos to her for actually being a true protector of the public.

Old 03-27-2015, 01:32 PM

8,087 posts, read 9,842,681 times
Similar here occurred with a FHP DUI investigation involving a City of Miami Beach senior officer. The FHP investigator was repeatedly sandbagged by M.B. PD. It was a front page news piece in the Miami Herald segment on out of control local cops. There were several listed.

Old 03-27-2015, 01:33 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,550,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
Here is a cop who (appears to - at least) deserves to be looked after by her "brothers." I wonder how many of them have protected her by demanding that other cops "back off?" Amazing how many "good" cops will look after other bad cops before they support another good one.

A plague of ‘professional courtesy’ - The Washington Post

I personally don't have a facebook account so I wonder how many of those who "signed" are cops who list their rank and association.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

Sounds like the Miami PD has a lot of lowlifes...

Old 03-27-2015, 01:39 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
Would this actually be a case where bad cops aren't defended?

It will be interesting to see.

Old 03-27-2015, 06:36 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,635,416 times
Now, legs here about how "most" cops are good and the low percentage are bad apples making them all look bad. Doesn't seem to be the case in FL. Looks like they have bushels of "bad apples" making one good cops' life a living cesspool. Hmmm...and "other agencies" are jumping on board too. I'm thinking, its way past time that the police lose the advantage of policing themselves. Maybe public review board's time has come. Similar to jury selection, LE wrongdoing gets investigated by the citizens that LE serves.

Looking after things in house doesn't seem to be yielding honest results. Seeing a good, honest, decent cop , being BBQd thus, dims my view of LE a bit more. This should be s serious wake up call for folks, as to where to place their trust.

Old 03-27-2015, 06:45 PM

19,848 posts, read 12,110,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Now, legs here about how "most" cops are good and the low percentage are bad apples making them all look bad. Doesn't seem to be the case in FL. Looks like they have bushels of "bad apples" making one good cops' life a living cesspool. Hmmm...and "other agencies" are jumping on board too. I'm thinking, its way past time that the police lose the advantage of policing themselves. Maybe public review board's time has come. Similar to jury selection, LE wrongdoing gets investigated by the citizens that LE serves.

Looking after things in house doesn't seem to be yielding honest results. Seeing a good, honest, decent cop , being BBQd thus, dims my view of LE a bit more. This should be s serious wake up call for folks, as to where to place their trust.
To be specific, Miami seems to have bad cops.

Old 03-27-2015, 07:32 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,635,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
To be specific, Miami seems to have bad cops.
To add to that specific, thats a LOT of bad cops. Considering this lady is a State Trooper (Highway Patrol) that adds to the list, statewide, of "brother" officers beating her down. For doing the right thing. This leaves me less than impressed with cops in the Miami/Dade area, specifically.

Old 03-28-2015, 07:22 AM

1,645 posts, read 1,214,745 times
This is indirectly related to this, now I do not have firsthand knowledge of this, but according to a good friend of mine the common mantra among cops is "You Lie to it; and I will Swear to it" : and this friend of mine has been on the inside with Law Enforcement. It truly does seem to be a double standard; Do as I say and not as I do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies