Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2015, 10:52 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,226,860 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
I'm truly sorry for you if you are living without health insurance right now. I know how scary that is, as I did it for more than a decade, and I wouldn't wish that on anyone. I don't know your specific circumstances that made your healthcare suddenly out of your reach--maybe your policy was one that was phased out because it didn't meet basic minimum standards?

Clearly, the ACA needs refining--or even moving to universal healthcare--but there is no political will in Washington to do anything but tear down the progress that has been made with nothing in the works to replace it. But the number of uninsured has gone down, and by a significant amount, so I would have to dispute the claim that it's hurt as many people as it's helped.

In U.S., Uninsured Rate Sinks to 12.9%

Again, I am not making light of your situation. I wish the politicians could put petty politics aside and attempt to work together to solve these problems. Unfortunately, I don't see that happening any time soon.
In my case, I could afford it but I don't like paying for something that doesn't suit me. That and I hate having people sponge off me. I am not my brothers keeper and I refuse to pay the freight for someone else. The fine assessed to me was reduced to zero with my tax credits and I will continue to do that until Ostupidcare is repealed or changed so it suits me better.

And I will keep beating that drum over and over again, no matter how often my posts are deleted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2015, 11:28 AM

31,053 posts, read 22,086,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
If the GOP doesnt come up with plans, then why do Democrats running around claiming ACA was a Republican bill?
They play it from both sides. They would Demonize Romney and say he was evil in one breath then say he touted the same ideas in the next

Old 03-27-2015, 11:36 AM

24,621 posts, read 19,170,143 times
Quote:
And yet, the Republicans never had an interest in addressing even that one thing that would have helped more Americans get health insurance. Why is that?
Why don't you read the Supreme Court's decision in Sebilius?

Healthcare --- both components which are your Medical System and your Payment System ---- are intra-State Commerce.

Which part of "intra-State Commerce" do you not understand?

Which part of "Congress has no authority" do you not understand?

You want the Republicans to violate the US Constitution and more than a dozen Supreme Court rulings issued since 1878 just so you feel all warm and good inside?

Healthcare is an issue that you need to be taking to your governor and your State legislature, not the President and Congress.

Which part of this....

Quote:
The enabling statute in Texas specifically distinguished a health service corporation from traditional insurance: "hospital service corporations shall be governed by this act, and shall not be construed as being engaged in the business of insurance under the laws of this state."
..do you not understand?

Huh?

Yeah, that would be one of those "enabling laws" I keep mentioning and posting and Liberals and Obanmacare supporters turn tail and run away like a bunch of losers.

Y'all can't deal with Facts, and what frightens you all worse than Facts, is Facts in Reality.

So....what do you call an insurance company that isn't construed as an insurance company?

An Insurance Company.

I can see why you don't construe being ripped off by an insurance company that isn't construed as an insurance company as being ripped off.

In addition to "enabling laws" courtesy of the American Hospital Association monopoly, you also have State laws that shield the American Hospital Association monopoly from anti-trust laws.

Now we all know that smart intelligent people want to pay $55,000 for a $2,800 for an appendectomy, because, it's the smart thing to do right?

Mircea

Old 03-27-2015, 07:33 PM

191 posts, read 172,015 times
Congresswoman Catherine McMorris-Rodgers calls for conservative Republicans to respond to her facebook page with their Obummercare horror stories and 7,000 posts later she is still waiting..So CD posters now is your chance to post to facebook and post your horror story about how you are one of 30 million who refuse to get health care and thought you could get a freebie. Why is it Republicans always want something for free? Here is the link. Fire away McMorris Rodgers is waiting to here from you.

https://www.facebook.com/mcmorrisrod...544772/?type=1

Old 03-27-2015, 07:52 PM

191 posts, read 172,015 times
As a Republican do you actually know anyone who was a victim of Obummercare? If so tell us how much they paid in premiums before the ACA and how much they pay now? Please be specific with dollar amounts, state, zip code and age. Thank you conservative Republicans for pushing this issue forward. The pnly way we can get rid of this monstrosity is with facts or lies...

http://krugman.blogs.nytimes.com/201...-horrors/?_r=0

Old 03-27-2015, 09:21 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,874,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradiseca View Post
Congresswoman Catherine McMorris-Rodgers calls for conservative Republicans to respond to her facebook page with their Obummercare horror stories and 7,000 posts later she is still waiting..So CD posters now is your chance to post to facebook and post your horror story about how you are one of 30 million who refuse to get health care and thought you could get a freebie. Why is it Republicans always want something for free? Here is the link. Fire away McMorris Rodgers is waiting to here from you.

https://www.facebook.com/mcmorrisrod...544772/?type=1
Great site. I spent an hour searching in vain for even one Obamacare horror story, but there was nary a one to be found. Just post after post after post about how good the ACA has been for so many Americans. Proving what we all knew to be true, that the Republican claims about the horrors of the ACA are untrue. Americans who are using the ACA like it just fine.

If Republicans were smart they would take note of these stories. Yanking it out from under all the millions who are benefiting from it might provide them with a political win, but it will be Pyrrhic victory.

Last edited by HeyJude514; 03-27-2015 at 09:44 PM..

Old 03-27-2015, 09:42 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,545,982 times
Quote:
Great site. I spent an hour searching in vain for even one Obamacare horror story, but there was nary a one to be found. Just post after post after post about how good the ACA has been for so many Americans. Proving what we all knew to be true, that the Republican talking points about the horrors of the ACA are just a lot of hot air. Americans who are using the ACA like it just fine.

If Republicans were smart they would take note of these stories. Yanking it out from under all the millions who are benefiting from it might provide them with a political win, but it will be Pyrrhic victory.
How much is your subsidy?

Thanks us taxpayers.

Old 03-27-2015, 09:43 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
Has Obama drawn anther redline again? Otherwise who cares he's a lame duck and has been for some years.

Old 03-27-2015, 10:47 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
LMAO! People are going to go broke over the ACA like never before. Who in their right minds thinks a 6k+ deductible is good???? Who?????
Common sense tells anyone with a brain that if you can't afford $200-$300-$400 a month how can they afford a 6K deductible.

Sadly Obamacare is promoted as if it's cheap. Some people get a break with premiums but meeting deductibles can put some in debt with collectors calling. I wonder how many of those who love it can pay $6k "per year".

Old 03-27-2015, 11:03 PM

32,075 posts, read 15,067,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
How much is your subsidy?

Thanks us taxpayers.
Yes, and us taxpayers have been paying for the uninsured forever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies