Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2015, 09:00 AM

12,149 posts, read 8,415,918 times

Advertisements

We have the most people on food stamps and Social Security and Medicare in California. If the federal governement decided that the states were suddenly responsible for funding the entire cost of the programs, we would opt out inside a week.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2015, 09:01 AM

25,567 posts, read 17,271,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
People who honestly believe that obamacare has been a success are delusional and have very low standards.
The only ones who honestly believe that are the 47 percenters. who will support a Democrat no matter what.
But they, for the most part, are uninformed gas bags, who pound themselves on the back daily for "helping all those people" and on and on and on...

Old 03-27-2015, 09:18 AM

24,621 posts, read 19,158,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
A victory, albeit a small one, for Americans needing healthcare. Thank you Democrats, we'll done!
Yup, a $55,000 appendectomy that really costs $2,800 is affordable.

$117,000 in assistant surgeon fees for a 4-hour non-emergency surgery that really costs less than $3,600 is so affordable.

$1.3 Million for a complicated premature birth that really only costs $65,000 is just so affordable it ain't even funny.

Hospitals should charge $1,250 for a pint of blood they got donated for free.

Oh, wait....they already do...

Mircea

Old 03-27-2015, 09:51 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,869,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I didnt deny expansion of medicaid wasnt part of the plan, I said the plan wasnt to expand it by THIRTY MILLION..
I never said Medicaid expansion would cover the entire 30 million, either. See post number 67.

Quote:
Try actually responding to the comment rather than reading what you want to read.
Try taking your own advice.

Old 03-27-2015, 10:23 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,093,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
I never said Medicaid expansion would cover the entire 30 million, either. See post number 67.

Try taking your own advice.
Oh I read it alright, its just a bold face LIE..

Show me where the projections were to add tens of millions to medicaid and then run surpluses while insuring every american..

I'll wait..

All you did was make an excuse because the bill FAILED at its primary goals, insuring everyone, and cut the cost.

You of course dont care though because you got your welfare.. no one else matters.. Typical Democratic greed.

Old 03-27-2015, 10:28 AM

4,288 posts, read 2,058,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Several of my friends with pre-existing cancer have been able to obtain insurance because of Obamacare. That justifies the entire program.

The reality is everyone in the country has to eventually get health care. Obamacare or, preferably, Universal Health Care without including the private insurance companies is the best way to pay for it.
It doesn't justify the whole program. There would have been ways to provide for pre-existing conditions without such an overhaul. Many states already had programs for people with pre-existing conditions.

Old 03-27-2015, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Oh I read it alright, its just a bold face LIE.. .
LOL. Typical pgh response. You don't like the facts so your response is to call them a lie. Nothing to back up your assertion, just the declaration that it's a LIE!!!!

Quote:
Show me where the projections were to add tens of millions to medicaid and then run surpluses while insuring every american..

I'll wait..
Wow, I bet you're exhausted from dragging those goalposts all the way down the field. Show me where I said anything about running surpluses while insuring every American.

I'll wait...

Old 03-27-2015, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore1954 View Post
It doesn't justify the whole program. There would have been ways to provide for pre-existing conditions without such an overhaul.
And yet, the Republicans never had an interest in addressing even that one thing that would have helped more Americans get health insurance. Why is that?

Old 03-27-2015, 10:37 AM

Quote:
LOL. Typical pgh response. You don't like the facts so your response is to call them a lie. Nothing to back up your assertion, just the declaration that it's a LIE!!!!

Wow, I bet you're exhausted from dragging those goalposts all the way down the field. Show me where I said anything about running surpluses while insuring every American.

I'll wait...
So there arent 30 million people without insurance? The CBO and the administration is lying?

Obama and you democrats ran around for YEARS talking about how people were DYING, and going bankrupt because tens of millions didnt have health insurance, and if we had more people PAYING, the cost would be spread around thus reducing the overall cost of care.

now that the plan has turned into a complete failure, you are trying to sell everyone that obama planned 30 million people get added to the medicaid rolls.

ok, I'll bite SHOW ME WHERE THAT WAS THE PROJECTIONS..

YOU are making the claim, YOU back them up..

I'm waiting..

Old 03-27-2015, 10:38 AM

Quote:
And yet, the Republicans never had an interest in addressing even that one thing that would have helped more Americans get health insurance. Why is that?
Because ACA fixed it, you've just spent pages telling us how wonderful it is..

Remember, its a RIGHT, and without it, tens of millions would DIE.

Oh wait, tens of millions STILL dont have care.. shhh, HeyJude thinks thats just fine.. they can DIE.. she got hers!! Greedy selfish Democrats on display for all to see...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies