Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2015, 03:03 PM

398 posts, read 629,561 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
Uhm, I have to file this one under "WTF cares?"

Freedom of expression, free market economics. If an artist wants to sing about killing whitey and there's a market of consumers who want to listen to someone singing about killing whitey, then they should hook up and engage in free trade. Who cares?

And reggae didn't invent angry lyrics aimed at someone or some group. Read up on Reb Rebel Records, formed in 1966, and then check into a band named Skrewdriver, who invented Nazi punk in 1977.

Christ, listen to any American hardcore punk band from the late 70s or early 80s for that matter. Start with the first two Vandals records, then get back to me about reggae being racist and how that should bother me.
the fact that this artist has been banned from entering the UK. you should try paying attention to content. just a suggestion

Old 03-26-2015, 03:11 PM

13,961 posts, read 5,628,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blan View Post
the fact that this artist has been banned from entering the UK. you should try paying attention to content. just a suggestion
I am paying attention. I think banning anyone because of artistic expression, regardless of how vulgar or boorish, is a hallmark of tyranny and buffoonery (two things that go as well together as peanut butter and chocolate).

Led Zeppelin's "Lemon Song" was banned from radio until the late 80s. We can't show Elvis swiveling his hips on TV. Der jazz musik is a plot between Jews and blacks to pollute the Aryan race. Blah blah blah.

You're the one who should be paying attention.

Old 03-26-2015, 03:15 PM

Quote:
I am paying attention. I think banning anyone because of artistic expression, regardless of how vulgar or boorish, is a hallmark of tyranny and buffoonery (two things that go as well together as peanut butter and chocolate).

Led Zeppelin's "Lemon Song" was banned from radio until the late 80s. We can't show Elvis swiveling his hips on TV. Der jazz musik is a plot between Jews and blacks to pollute the Aryan race. Blah blah blah.

You're the one who should be paying attention.
You have an issue if you can not see the hypocrisy. I never endorsed censoring anyone. I pointed out the UKs leaderships intellectual inconsistency.

Old 03-26-2015, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangokiwi View Post
this is what's so baffling about the liberal PC mentality. It's like they only want what's new and different, no matter how backwards, violent, and evil the new and different is. They lack the ability to think ahead and see how things will go to hell in a hand-basket if they invite the hell to live in their own neighborhoods.

Christians are peaceful in today's world, but clearly Muslims in today's world are not peaceful. For some reason, those facts seem irrelevant to liberals who choose to overlook the human rights violations being done by Muslims in today's world, in favor of attacking the actions done by Christians hundreds of years ago. I guess that allows them to have their moral superiority over their Christian family members?
hyper egalitarian mind sets mixed with no care for the future and no proper understanding of the past is what leads to such leftist mindsets.

Old 03-26-2015, 06:01 PM

13,961 posts, read 5,628,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blan View Post
You have an issue if you can not see the hypocrisy. I never endorsed censoring anyone. I pointed out the UKs leaderships intellectual inconsistency.
I file all censorship under hypocrisy, and I hate all forms of government oppression of free thought.

Just throwing out a who cares because they can ban the guy from the UK for their hypocritical reasons, but they can't ban people from liking his music or digging on someone singing anti-gay, anti-black or anti-whatever. And banning him in England makes him more popular elsewhere just on taboo factor alone.

But none of this is unprecedented. Governments don't like art that shocks, offends or provokes. Never have.

Old 03-26-2015, 07:18 PM

11,345 posts, read 16,708,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Dude, there's bigots in every genre of music. There's probably a large number of celebs who don't even know who this guy is. So it makes it hard for someone to take a stance against something they never knew was said, by someone they haven't even heard of. I'm pretty sure there is at least 1000 bigots in the Tea Party for every bigoted rap/reggae musician. How do you like them odds?
Hey, I'm having the hardest time finding music by any white due that says kills blacks.

Maybe you can help me out.

Old 03-26-2015, 08:20 PM

Quote:
I file all censorship under hypocrisy, and I hate all forms of government oppression of free thought.

Just throwing out a who cares because they can ban the guy from the UK for their hypocritical reasons, but they can't ban people from liking his music or digging on someone singing anti-gay, anti-black or anti-whatever. And banning him in England makes him more popular elsewhere just on taboo factor alone.

But none of this is unprecedented. Governments don't like art that shocks, offends or provokes. Never have.
really the US government funded **** christ were a homosexual pissed on a crucifix and photographed it, that was popular with the US government. If it offends people of white european christian heritage and men then its sanctioned and applauded by the current wester oligarchs.

Old 03-26-2015, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sin City View Post
not as racist as rap music, which is the worst music on the planet. Bragging about killing white cops, having tons of sluts and flashy jewelry.
I think there is nothing wrong with reggae music the same way there is nothing wrong with rock music. There are artists that have good messages i agree with and negative messages i disagree with. the problem is that reggae that promotes racial hatred against whites it is tolerated while if a white artist created songs with the same message against the black community there would be outcry. The only time people people take notice is when the LGBT community is involved. Then it is front page news worthy of banning someone from a country.
Reggae in itself is not good or bad it is a medium/genre that can relay many different messages

Old 03-26-2015, 10:29 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,601,522 times
Who??

Old 03-26-2015, 11:27 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,134,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
Hey, I'm having the hardest time finding music by any white due that says kills blacks.

Maybe you can help me out.
camaro69, I'm pretty sure you listen to more music by white folk than I do, but without being an expert Ted Nugent comes to mind. I don't have a transcript of what he says in his music verbatim but I can say with certainty that he's a racist piece of inbreed trash... But if you want to play dumb, to each his own..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies