Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2015, 09:46 AM

1,515 posts, read 1,225,222 times

Advertisements

It's obvious that Florida Highway Patrol Trooper Donna Jane Watts is just a cop-hater! When will NoBrainsOfficer be along to reiterate that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2015, 09:33 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,086,894 times
For those of you that hate police and live on drama... come over to current events... where I updated this case
There have been many disciplines behind this case.. the Miami officer fired... the fhp officer has already received an award with more to come... so the system works slowly

Order or chaos... seems to me some of you want chaos

Old 03-29-2015, 03:39 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
For those of you that hate police and live on drama... come over to current events... where I updated this case
There have been many disciplines behind this case.. the Miami officer fired... the fhp officer has already received an award with more to come... so the system works slowly

Odd that the idea that we find it sad that she would be attacked as chaos.

Old 03-29-2015, 05:43 AM

8,087 posts, read 9,837,970 times
Quote:

If those are the only two options you can select then your reasoning standards are suspect.

How about what we are looking for is high standards from public servants? Particularly those who are armed and may be able to cause mortal harm to those who come in contact with them?

These people are paid for by taxes and so it is our right to examine and appraise conduct.

Last edited by Felix C; 03-29-2015 at 05:59 AM..

Old 03-29-2015, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix C View Post
If those are the only two options you can select then your reasoning standards are suspect.

How about what we are looking for is high standards from public servants? Particularly those who are armed and may be able to cause mortal harm to those who come in contact with them?

These people are paid for by taxes and so it is our right to examine and appraise conduct.

You have misinterpreted what I have said

The order or chaos comment was referring to those who constantly seek to find fault with police action.. tear down the system,, sick anarchy folks prevalent in CD anti police threads

I have posted my thoughts about this case and the current status in the currents section

Cliff notes

Miami officer was derelict and deserved to be fired and filed upon.. gross abuse of authority
FHP trooper doing her job got screwed
Lots of people did things wrong
Many were held to account for their actions... including officers who acted wrongly,, and cities paid her because she was harassed... her career got thrashed and this is GROSSLY wrong.. she will receive a bundle when its over (and the payout has already begun.. only 67k so far..but its just starting.. probably enough to retire and walk away with a bad taste and a full bank account)

Im glad it wasn't me.. although as I also posted I would have handled it differently to the same conclusion.. Miami officer still would have been fired.. but I would have protected my job... and in such a manner other coppers would have lauded the action

Coppers dont like other coppers who are asshats

Anti police haters on here salivate at any juicy tidbit hoping to gin up ..hell I dont know... little games of importance in their minds.. most of them would be better suited getting into their communities and actually volunteering

Old 03-29-2015, 07:49 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
So you agree what happened here was wrong but its wrong for people to point it out?

Old 03-29-2015, 08:11 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,518,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jburress View Post
I remember this story.

Unbelievable that her brothers in blue are attacking her for doing her job, while they are breaking the law by looking up her personal info.
It's not unbelievable at all. Cops usually consider themselves above the law. No one is policing the police.

Old 03-29-2015, 08:13 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,518,770 times
Quote:
Ummm……not so much.

Quote:
But then the real retaliation began. On police Internet discussion boards, Miami police officers posted open threats against Watts. One Miami cop apparently tried to pull over an Florida Highway Patrol officer in retaliation, until that particular move backfired. Another FHP officer found his car smeared in human feces.

For Watts, the harassment has been quite a bit worse. She has received hundreds of calls to her private phone, some pranks, some threatening. She has had pizzas randomly delivered to her home. Strange cars began parking outside her home. And her career as a police officer may well be over. The Miami New Times reported in 2012 that her “superiors don’t think she’ll ever be able to return to duty on the road, and if she ever got into a situation where she needed backup she does not think she would receive it.”

Old 03-29-2015, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
So you agree what happened here was wrong but its wrong for people to point it out?
Police haters do not make objective posters... EVER.. so dont try to be righteous here< and then whining> there

I think she got screwed.. and I have said so...

I believe more idiots will get fired over this... and rightly so.. good riddance

When you go on the police boards.. the ones haters cannot get on... we have discussed this case at length and most.. not all.. but the overwhelming amount of coppers feel just like I do... original officer an asshat.. anyone screwing with the fhp copper should get disciplined or fired... depending upon what they did.. computer search of her.. suspension.. publishing of any of her personal data.. fired.. any overt act against her in person or causing another to take action against her.. jailed

Coppers dont agree with the way this was handled .. at many levels.. the departments didn't handle this appropriately.. there are policies for this type of occurrence.. and they weren't followed well... I think that's what the majority of dissenters felt.. very few that I could tell ever said... she was wrong he was right..

Old 03-29-2015, 08:45 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,901,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
Here is a cop who (appears to - at least) deserves to be looked after by her "brothers." I wonder how many of them have protected her by demanding that other cops "back off?" Amazing how many "good" cops will look after other bad cops before they support another good one.

A plague of ‘professional courtesy’ - The Washington Post

I personally don't have a facebook account so I wonder how many of those who "signed" are cops who list their rank and association.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater
I saw that video on Youtube a while back. Crazy.

Word is in most states; the state police are at the TOP of the food chain so messing with them ain't real smart, even by other cops. ESPECIALLY how Trooper Watts was treated for doing her job! I just hope some heads roll over that mess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies