Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2015, 03:24 PM

4,761 posts, read 7,836,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
Nope. I have a few SJW friends who are on the whole pointing out microaggressions, reminding peopke to check their privilege, etc and for all their good and redeeming qualities, they are all poorly-adjusted, fatalistic, incapable of accepting their own shortcomings or owning their failures, and are prone to being combative and disagreeable with anyone who thinks differently from them.

most of them are in and out of jobs, friendships, and relationships and lead unstable lives. They are just so caught up in finding fault in everything around them and can't seem to accept that not everyone around them thinks or acts like they do that it inhibits their day to day lives.

It can be put much simpler than that. They fail to find any joy in their lives. And if they can't find joy, you can't have it either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2015, 05:16 PM

31,050 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
Anything you want them to be. Someone can do or say - or not do or say - pretty much anything around you and (if you're not a white male) you can call it microagression if you take offence at it.
Are Jews, Gay, White Middle Eastern and Hispanics males included, because if you can find a white male that isn't mixed with something else you are narrowing it down to a very small percent of the population. You could also include TGs like Bruce Jenner since he prefers woman and therefore would be a Lesb.

Old 05-18-2015, 05:56 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,759,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Are Jews, Gay, White Middle Eastern and Hispanics males included, because if you can find a white male that isn't mixed with something else you are narrowing it down to a very small percent of the population. You could also include TGs like Bruce Jenner since he prefers woman and therefore would be a Lesb.
The incentive is there to avoid the taint of all-whiteness and claim some kind of protected minority status. But lots of people are just plain old pale males who like women. Jeb Bush realizes now that he can't get away with claiming to be and actual Hispanic. And not many will choose the extreme path into the Obama coalition that Bruce Jenner has taken.

Old 05-18-2015, 07:07 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,117,231 times
This is like a suggestion box at work. No one reads this sheeet, but it makes you feel like someone gives a poop.

Mick

Old 05-18-2015, 10:53 PM

2,686 posts, read 1,771,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Yes, but are you a member of an "unpriviledged group"? If you're a straight white man, it is not possible to be microaggressed against. You would probably be committing a microaggression by accusing someone else of microaggressing.
Micro-aggression can only be done by white heterosexual males against some "minority".

Old 05-18-2015, 11:15 PM

2,686 posts, read 1,771,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
Perhaps everyone should wear grey, look straight ahead and never say a thing to anyone.
That might be seen as a micro-aggression against those of us who wear black, look around, and say "hello" to anyone we encounter.

Old 05-19-2015, 05:12 AM

5,660 posts, read 5,088,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenniel View Post
The Pussification of America continues.....
I'm sure there's a microagression in this statement, but I can't quite determine if it's against women or against cats.

Old 05-19-2015, 06:09 AM

10,834 posts, read 14,936,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
Man, I could have a field day creatively dreaming up stuff about people committing "micro-agressions" against me

Do the accusers get to remain anonymous?
I would hope they would remain anonymous but it would be nice to have a constantly updated list, perhaps a large lit superbowl style sign, of who does the most micro-aggressions.

And to answer the previous posters question Orwell's 1984 would be banned as to aggressive.

Old 05-19-2015, 07:10 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,678,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
that's the beauty of the 'microagression' shtick: it's unbelievably versatile.
On a scale of 1-10, as versatile as tossing the race card?

Old 05-19-2015, 07:17 AM

231 posts, read 171,760 times
I suppose that Big Sister is probably against bar sponsored wet t-shirt contests, too.

I'm thinking there's money to be made in 'picoaggressions'. It's a long tail kind of thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies