Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2015, 11:21 AM

4,412 posts, read 3,962,643 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Feel free to cite any instance of Apple CEO Tim Cook publicly condemning the execution of gays in the countries in which Apple sells or services products.
Why do you feel that he should? And why should that keep him and others from speaking out against discrimination at home?

Pointing out things that are far worse abroad than here at home is a pretty weaksauce defense of the indefensible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2015, 11:24 AM

13,439 posts, read 9,968,878 times
Quote:
Ask Tim Cook. He injected himself and Apple into the Indiana law debate and in doing so exposed Apple's horrendous hypocrisy of publicly condemning what amounts to no more than a retail/service choice law in Indiana but quietly acquiescing to the execution of gays in the countries in which they do business or service their products.

How many gays were beheaded or flung off rooftops while you merrily tapped away on your Apple product? Hypocrite.
You have quite the distorted take on cause and effect.

I'm quite happy to hypocrite my way out of this silliness.

I think I'll eat some cake.

Old 04-01-2015, 11:27 AM

89,061 posts, read 44,895,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mon View Post
Why do you feel that he should?
He felt that what amounts to Indiana's retail/service choice law was important enough to comment on, but the execution of gays isn't? How messed up is that?

The deadly hypocritical and sickening Tim Cook, Apple and liberal logic:

Refuse to bake a wedding cake for a gay couple when they are perfectly free to buy one elsewhere: absolutely horrible

Execute homosexuals: perfectly fine, buy another iPhone, iPad, Mac, etc.

Seriously? WTH is wrong with people when the ability of gays to purchase a wedding cake trumps the life of gays?!?

Old 04-01-2015, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
You have quite the distorted take on cause and effect.

I'm quite happy to hypocrite my way out of this silliness.
How many Apple keystrokes equates to each gay's execution?

Old 04-01-2015, 11:29 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,657,099 times
Quote:
Do you have/use Apple products? And if so do you also condone the execution of gays as does Apple and Tim Cook as is apparent by their silent acquiescence of such in the face of Tim Cook's public condemnation of Indiana's law?
Let me guess...you live in a cave.

Don't use oil and gas?

Don't use a computer or television made in China? (never answered that one, so I will assume you DO)

Don't buy anything imported?

Only buy US made goods? Did you know that some whacko faction of the US population actually wants to discriminate against anyone they don't like or who does not conform to their 'morals'? Did you know that a group of American 'religious' preach death to homosexuals in some countries in Africa? I guess they couldn't get away with murder here, so had to take their love of god and religion somewhere else.

Only buy US made goods? You are supporting every leftist idea put in place, despite a sect called 'conservatives' who oppose civil rights for all of its citizens.

Do you stand with Israel, a country with free birth control and free abortions?

Old 04-01-2015, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Let me guess...you live in a cave.

Why Apple specifically matters... Tim Cook voluntarily injected himself and Apple into this debate. If you wish to bring other companies or industries into the discussion, state specifically how they condemned the Indiana law but remain silent on the ME countries' execution of gays.

Old 04-01-2015, 11:47 AM

13,439 posts, read 9,968,878 times
Quote:



About that many?

What does that even mean?

Never mind, that's a rhetorical question.

Old 04-01-2015, 11:50 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,657,099 times
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder

Old 04-01-2015, 12:24 PM

21,484 posts, read 10,593,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
So if a Nazi group wanted a baker who is a Jewish holocast survivor to bake a cake for their celebration of the anniversary of Hitler's publication of Mein Kampf, do you believe this baker should be legally required to do that?
No, nor do I think the Christian baker should be legally required to bake a cake for a gay wedding. I was speaking in general terms, not legal terms. I feel people should have the right to turn down a job if they don't want to do it, and suffer the consequences for their stand if there are any. I completely get your point that it's a statement against marriage and not them personally. I doubt anyone would put up this much of a protest against Muslim immigrants if they refused to do this at their bakery. They would expect it and not patronize the bakery.

Old 04-01-2015, 12:31 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,225,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
No, nor do I think the Christian baker should be legally required to bake a cake for a gay wedding. I was speaking in general terms, not legal terms. I feel people should have the right to turn down a job if they don't want to do it, and suffer the consequences for their stand if there are any. I completely get your point that it's a statement against marriage and not them personally. I doubt anyone would put up this much of a protest against Muslim immigrants if they refused to do this at their bakery. They would expect it and not patronize the bakery.
Muslim cab drivers were trying to refuse service based on their religious beliefs, and got slapped down. I don't recall seeing a big outrage about them having to violate their religious beliefs. In fact I remember a lot of people applauding the decision to punish them if they did not follow the law.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies