Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2015, 05:33 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,211,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlbenator View Post
In that ****-hole KENYA Muslim gunmen are asking College students if they are Christian or Muslim.

If they open their mouths and say the "wrong thing" they are shot (no doubt the males), or taken captive (no doubt the women).

As an idiot, woud you attack the Christians too for "opening their mouths"?

Would you attack the Christians too and say "it's their own fault"?

Good Allah, I DESPISE stupidity!
People voicing an opinion is the same as someone killing?

Seriously?

OMG the persecution complex is getting out of control with you guys.

Old 04-02-2015, 05:44 PM

18,461 posts, read 7,092,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roundtine View Post
Trust me, whenever a Muslim or a Muslim-owned business here in the US refuses to serve a gay person in violation of the law, the gay activists will (and have) reacted exactly the same as when a Christian-owned business unlawfully discriminates against a gay person.

It's just that it doesn't happen that much since there are very few Muslims in the US, and the ones we have tend to clump together and associate mostly among themselves. There have been a few cases of Muslim cab drivers refusing gay people rides, and they absolutely felt the wrath of gay activists and the law.

Thay would an acceptable form of protest , however the left, by and large, gives Muslim culture a pass on everything.....gay rights, womans rights, you name it.

That aside, the big picture problem for many Americans is the need to balance gay rights with religious rights.
And in the eyes of many Americans, gay activists are not simply seeking tolerance of their lifestyle, they are seeking nothing short of full, 100% voluntary and enthusiastic approval of their lifestyle. ...religious freedom be dammed.

And they are making it known that they will stop at nothing..... protests, legislation, public pressure, ruining family businesses ......and now including death threats, to shove that enthusiastic approval down everyone's throats.

Old 04-02-2015, 05:47 PM

18,461 posts, read 7,092,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
Now you're just being inflammatory.
Peace... out.
Since when is the truth inflammatory?

Old 04-02-2015, 06:14 PM

10,024 posts, read 15,671,828 times
Now they're over $300,000.

Support Memories Pizza by Lawrence Billy Jones III - GoFundMe

Old 04-02-2015, 06:15 PM

963 posts, read 689,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
People voicing an opinion is the same as someone killing?

Seriously?

OMG the persecution complex is getting out of control with you guys.
Can you not figure out that I was addressing your BLAMING THE VICTIM?

After all, these Christians in Kenya could have saved their olwn lives if they "SAID THE RIGHT WORDS"

The "bundle of sticks" Mafia is also making VIOLENT THREATS if the Christians don't fall in line and SAY THE RIGHT WORDS.

Quote:
A Concord High School coach has been suspended after she tweeted about arson in relation to a Walkerton pizzeria whose owners told the media they agree with the Religious Freedom Restoration Act.

Jess Dooley, who is the head coach of the girls golf program and also an assistant coach with the softball and girls basketball programs, took to Twitter Wednesday, April 1, to voice her opinion about the RFRA.

Her tweet read: “Who’s going to Walkerton, IN to burn down #memoriespizza w me?”

Old 04-02-2015, 06:20 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,211,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlbenator View Post
Can you not figure out that I was addressing your BLAMING THE VICTIM?

After all, these Christians in Kenya could have saved their olwn lives if they "SAID THE RIGHT WORDS"

The "bundle of sticks" Mafia is also making VIOLENT THREATS if the Christians don't fall in line and SAY THE RIGHT WORDS.
The business owner was dumb to open her mouth about a controversial issue.

Last time I checked, no one has been shot over this brouhaha. In this country she can say whatever she wants, but so can other people. Freedom of speech in action.

The coach is dealing with the consequences of her speech too. She should have known better than to make threats, now she has no job.

Old 04-02-2015, 06:23 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogead View Post
No one forced these individuals to close their business. They chose to close it because they weren't comfortable with the reactions to the story. I'm sure they'll get along just fine with the hundreds of thousands of dollars they're getting from their fellow bigots.
try again. these people were getting all kinds of calls, not to order pizza, but rather to excoriate them for their comments, which in fact were blown completely out of proportion in the first place.

tell you what though, why dont you open up business, and see what YOU do when you get death threats by the thousands. i bet you close the business post haste.

Old 04-02-2015, 06:23 PM

4,477 posts, read 3,302,333 times
Quote:
I wasn't using hyperbole. I was being utterly sincere. I think these people are brilliant businessmen. They've found a way to play off of other's hatred and homophobia to get money (tax free money!)
Why would someone who feels compassion for someone else whose business is being threatened be doing so out of hatred? It sounds pretty loving to me? Is there a section where people leave comments on why they are donating? Or are you assuming the motive?

Quote:
Person "A" orders 20 pizzas for a wedding.
Person "B" orders 20 pizzas for a wedding.
Person "A" is sold the pizza, but person "B" isn't.
Same event (wedding) the only difference is who is purchasing the pizza.
No one ordered any pizza.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
How is delivering a pizza to a party "participating"? There was no suggestion that they deliver pizza during a gay wedding ceremony or participate in a gay wedding ceremony - the owner said they wouldn't deliver pizza to a party afterwards. Are they going to ask everyone the purpose of their order? Are you celebrating a divorce? Are you celebrating the birth of a child out of wedlock?
There was no delivery, no order, there was no wedding, no refusal. The gay community has gone full hissy fit over a non-event.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
"‘Proud of yourself sweetie?’: Trolls attack reporter who quoted anti-LGBT pizza shop owner"
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2015/04/p...za-shop-owner/
I think you have the clogs on the wrong feet. The troll was the one trolling for a story.

Alyssa Marino, the ABC 57 reporter is a bigot. She said the father of the pizza restaurant owner was "set in his ways". That is code word for "elderly". She is prejudiced against old people obviously/

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
The Supreme Court disagrees with you on this matter. So yes, a state anti discrimination law can trump a Constitutional right if the State can prove it has a compelling interest to do so.
Sorry, I missed the on point SCOTUS case for gay wedding cakes (even though this is a pizza story).

Quote:
Well, when gays eat food, they use the energy from that food to have gay sex. That means any business can refuse to sell gay people food since doing so means the business is playing a participatory role in having gay sex.
No, they need only refuse the "top", he is doing all the work.

Quote:
To begin with, there is no reason to believe that this business was in any way targeted by anyone. A local news station decided to gauge opinion of a statewide legislative bill which has focused national and international attention and ridicule on the state of Indiana. This particular business was one of the establishments they surveyed.

You can find the video for the origanal news story here (a link to channel 57, South Bend, IN):

Indiana Pizzeria Tells Local News Station They Won't Serve Same-Sex Marriages (Video)

These quotes are from Crystal O'Connor, identified as the owner:

“If a gay couple was to come, like say, they wanted us to provide them pizza for a wedding, we would have to say no,”

“We are a Christian establishment.”

“We definitely agree with the bill,”

The above quotes make three things absolutely clear:

1--This business would specifically refuse service to someone seeking to purchase pizza for a gay wedding.

2--The premise for this refusal is a specific religious belief.

3--This business considers their right to refuse service to be linked to the relevant legislation.

As some have pointed out, Indiana provides no protection for discrimination based upon sexual orientation. Thus, the business has the legal right to refuse service. The problems this business is experiencing are not related to criminal law, civil law, or regulatory control. Rather, they are dealing with a cultural backlash against their overt bigotry.

Undoubtedly, there will be a certain number of people who share their biases, and who will give money to help further the cause of bigotry. Ironically, it is the State of Indiana which will suffer the most from this ridiculous legislative alliance with a Small number of hatemongers.
We don't know what was said. The tape was edited and we didn't hear the questions asked.

At the end of her segment Marino says that the owners said, "if a gay couple came into the restaurant we would serve them, we just wouldn't cater their wedding".

Businesses having to close because of overt threats is beyond the pale. The difference between the KKK and gay activists in this situation is the gay activist have Laura Ashley sheets.

Quote:
So, I'm lying when I quote the Supreme Court and when I report on cases in which bakers have been found in violation of the law when they refuse to sell wedding cakes to gay couples?
I think the confusion is conflating SCOTUS cases that are on point and lower court cases that specifically address bakeries and gay weddings.

Quote:
No one forced these individuals to close their business. They chose to close it because they weren't comfortable with the reactions to the story. I'm sure they'll get along just fine with the hundreds of thousands of dollars they're getting from their fellow bigots.
It goes well beyond "uncomfortable", it was threats and intimidation. One of the threats was from a town close by.

Quote:
I never claimed they were forced. Your'e welcome to point to any post in which I've made such a claim. I'm certainly not responsible for someone else's casual misuse of the term "forced".

Again, they chose to close the business because they didn't want to deal with the backlash from their bigoted statements. This does not meet the definition of force. It's that simple!
When someone threatens to burn down your place of business and it is not isolated, but fits a pattern of intimidation it isn't just reaction to a backlash, it is force through intimidation.

Old 04-02-2015, 06:25 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
So you think that they can say what they want, and everyone else has to not say anything about it?

Seriously?

Death threats, arson threats, etc. is not saying "anything about it".

The owner simply said he disagreed with something, then the Gaystapo went into action intent on destroying this man, his family and his business.

Old 04-02-2015, 06:31 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
They don't, but it would have made this a non story, and been better from a business standpoint.

They can say whatever they want, but they should be aware that others can too, as is happening.

"They don't, but it would have made this a non story"

Two different things.

It`s a story because they did say something that still should have been a non-story.

It`s a story because the gay thought police made a difference of opinion and religious belief part of their war on dissent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies