Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2015, 07:45 AM

4,288 posts, read 2,059,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
" Somehow it’s okay to speak about Christians disappointing him, because they don’t always act with love", and he had to go ALL they way back to ht e CRUSADES for his example.
Speaking as a Christian you don't have to go back all the way to the Crusades to find examples of Christians not always acting with love (myself included).
The problem is he was probably hinting at politics. IE The if you vote for personal responsibility you want children to starve type of thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2015, 07:45 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
Sure - the audience that can be heard gasping at his totally inappropriate comment is all "right wing." Because we know he surrounds himself with "right wing", right? What a joke.

Obamabots have become such weaklings; how dare anyone criticize The One.
"The president didn't pucker up and kiss our backsides!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RZTKeS5qCY

Old 04-08-2015, 08:50 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,052,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMSS View Post
FWIW, I didn't vote for Obama. But the pathetic hatred exhibited toward him exemplified by so many people being offended by everything he does or says sometimes makes me happy he was elected.
I see. You must have been thrilled about Bush's election then.

Old 04-08-2015, 09:46 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
I have to wonder...does the man do this on purpose? Or is he simply too stupid to realize that remarks like that, particularly on Easter, are offensive
What is offensive about it? Which part are you disagreeing with:

1. Christians should love
2. Some Christians display the opposite of love

Both are very true, and are repeated in churches around the world.

Old 04-08-2015, 09:52 AM

3,537 posts, read 2,735,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
His words: “On Easter, I do reflect on the fact that as a Christian, I am supposed to love,” Mr. Obama said. “And I have to say that sometimes when I listen to less-than-loving expressions by Christians, I get concerned"

I am a Christian and I am not offended. It's a good point, and in line with what most pastors preach.

It deserves repeating.

The dangerous attitude is the one claiming that if you are Christian, you are always right no matter what you do or say, and that if anyone dares disagree, then you are insulting Christianity. That's dangerous and very un-Christian to say the least. It is the attitude of those who crucified Christ when he preached the very message Obama referred to when he said "as a Christian, I am supposed to love,”

That's right Christians. As a Christian you are supposed to love. That's a core message of Jesus Christ.

And don't look for ways to always feel offended. “Do not take to heart everything people say, lest you hear your servant cursing you. For many times, also, your own heart has known that even you have cursed others” (Ecclesiastes:7:21-22 )

As a matter of fact, if you were offended, then you might want to examine your faith. Is your faith producing good fruit (love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control), or is it producing discord? Every Christian, including myself, need to keep examining our words and actions to make sure they are in line with what Christ taught.

Don't be too proud to admit that sometimes even Obama can be right.
Amen. And while Obama maybe right he does not follow what he states at all times. He acts as if he is flawless.

Old 04-08-2015, 10:11 AM

1,666 posts, read 1,018,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbdowndemocrats View Post
I don't see Christians running amok chopping heads off either like Barry's family religion does?
Less than 2yrs before O is relegated to insignificance and back to Rev. Wright's pew ...
Neither do I. But you do see them throwing teenagers to the mouths of crocodiles in order to be eaten alive... Unspeakable horrors in a country on the verge of genocide | World news | The Guardian

The media here has distorted so many minds it's unbelievable.

Old 04-08-2015, 10:15 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,465,032 times
This is what you are upset about? This is the basis of many a Sunday morning sermon across America. Clergymen are always admonishing and guiding their congregations to be better Christians.

“On Easter, I do reflect on the fact that as a Christian, I am supposed to love,” Mr. Obama said. “And I have to say that sometimes when I listen to less-than-loving expressions by Christians, I get concerned. But that’s a topic for another day.”

Old 04-08-2015, 10:15 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomBen View Post
Amen. And while Obama maybe right he does not follow what he states at all times. He acts as if he is flawless.
Saying "I am supposed to love" only states what one is supposed to do, not what one does. All Christians are supposed to love, but we all fall short at times, and some fall short routinely and habitually.

If you say "as a Christian I love", then it would come across the way you suggest.

Old 04-08-2015, 10:28 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,555,443 times
Obama Offends Christian Majority Once Again At Easter

Why not? He offends the American majority at every opportunity.

Old 04-08-2015, 10:44 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,701,448 times
More Obum finger wagging. That is all.

Hey Obum check YouTube you frigging hypocrite.

Last edited by Bulldogdad; 04-08-2015 at 11:00 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies