Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2014, 06:53 PM

951 posts, read 1,054,953 times

Advertisements

Christ and the early apostles kept the Passover and God's Sabbaths and annual Holy Days. They did not deviate from God's Word the Holy Bible and institute a new set of days to be observed as modern Christianity has done. True Christians are to keep the same days Christ and the apostles observed which were the same days that the Jews/Israelites always have.

Even Christ's crucifixion and death occurred on the 14th of the month of Nisan/Abib the first month on the Jewish/Israelite calendar (Sacred Calendar -- God's True Passover falls on the 14th Nisan/Abib).

Also, God's Holy Spirit was poured out on the New Testament Church on what day? Was it just a plain ordinary day of the week? Why no, it occurred on the Day of Pentecost known also as Feast of Weeks or Feast of Firstfruits, a high Sabbath day, one of the 7 annual Holy Days of God that the Jewish/Israelitish people have observed for centuries prior and found written in the Bible as a day commanded to be observed.

So why does modern Christianity today keep a day with the name of a pagan goddess placed on it that is not even commanded to be kept in the Scriptures?

I contend that modern Christianity is not really true Christianity at all but really just paganism wrapped in deception hiding behind Christian symbols and Christian sounding rhetoric masquerading as God's True Church. But don't believe me without proving this to be true for yourself. Go and personally examine why you are keeping days not ordained by God in His Word the Bible and prove to your own self whether what I am saying is right or wrong.

Now, you would logically expect, that the true people of God would keep the days that are listed, where? In some writings of men in a church who has deviated from the true teachings of Christ? No! Why, you would expect the true people of God to keep the very days found in the pages of the Holy Bible which was inspired by God and you would be right because they truly are found in the Word of God!

These are the days that true Christians are to observe:

PASSOVER
DAYS OF UNLEAVENED BREAD
PENTECOST
FEAST OF TRUMPETS
DAY OF ATONEMENT
FEAST OF TABERNACLES
LAST GREAT DAY

(Note: see Leviticus 23 for a description of these days. These days are all contained in this chapter even though some of the exact names listed above are not used explicitly.)

These are the 7 festivals of God that contain the Passover and the 7 annual Holy Days of God which have great significance for true Christians and trace each year the wonderful plan of God that is in the process of being worked out which will transfer mere mankind from a humble physical existence of mortal humans into eternal spiritual members of the Family of God who will be a very members of the Household of God with God Almighty as their Father and Jesus Christ as their Elder Brother and live forever.

In the past, true Christians were martyred for insisting on keeping the 14th Passover and shunning the pagan-based celebration of Easter. A study of Christian church history will show that my words are true and that early church leaders had a controversy that was recorded for us to review today. Read about Polycarp and Polycrates and their defense of God's True Days of worship versus this pagan-based worship system that modern Christianity embraces today.

I hope this post will wake some of you up as God has caused me to be awakened and to see His Truth despite being surrounded by all the pagan error we see today.

I mean no malicious attack against anyone and their beliefs but hope my words will arouse a study of the matter and not cause anger or hatred to be directed at anyone who has different beliefs.

Thank you,

tthttf -- Turn the Hearts to the Father(s)

PS:

And I am not proselytizing. I am not a member of any group or church. The words above are my own and not those of someone who is out to get your money or support.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2014, 06:59 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,354,649 times
Easter is christian ? It is whatever you want/assume it be.

Old 04-12-2014, 07:02 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,956,692 times
Call it Happy Resurrection Day, I like that better.

Old 04-12-2014, 07:34 PM

4,686 posts, read 6,155,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tthttf View Post
Christ and the early apostles kept the Passover and God's Sabbaths and annual Holy Days. They did not deviate from God's Word the Holy Bible and institute a new set of days to be observed as modern Christianity has done. True Christians are to keep the same days Christ and the apostles observed which were the same days that the Jews/Israelites always have.

Even Christ's crucifixion and death occurred on the 14th of the month of Nisan/Abib the first month on the Jewish/Israelite calendar (Sacred Calendar -- God's True Passover falls on the 14th Nisan/Abib).

Also, God's Holy Spirit was poured out on the New Testament Church on what day? Was it just a plain ordinary day of the week? Why no, it occurred on the Day of Pentecost known also as Feast of Weeks or Feast of Firstfruits, a high Sabbath day, one of the 7 annual Holy Days of God that the Jewish/Israelitish people have observed for centuries prior and found written in the Bible as a day commanded to be observed.

So why does modern Christianity today keep a day with the name of a pagan goddess placed on it that is not even commanded to be kept in the Scriptures?

I contend that modern Christianity is not really true Christianity at all but really just paganism wrapped in deception hiding behind Christian symbols and Christian sounding rhetoric masquerading as God's True Church. But don't believe me without proving this to be true for yourself. Go and personally examine why you are keeping days not ordained by God in His Word the Bible and prove to your own self whether what I am saying is right or wrong.

Now, you would logically expect, that the true people of God would keep the days that are listed, where? In some writings of men in a church who has deviated from the true teachings of Christ? No! Why, you would expect the true people of God to keep the very days found in the pages of the Holy Bible which was inspired by God and you would be right because they truly are found in the Word of God!

PASSOVER
DAYS OF UNLEAVENED BREAD
PENTECOST
FEAST OF TRUMPETS
DAY OF ATONEMENT
FEAST OF TABERNACLES
LAST GREAT DAY

(Note: see Leviticus 23 for a description of these days. These days are all contained in this chapter even though some of the exact names listed above are not used explicitly.)

These are the 7 festivals of God that contain the Passover and the 7 annual Holy Days of God which have great significance for true Christians and trace each year the wonderful plan of God that is in the process of being worked out which will transfer mere mankind from a humble physical existence of mortal humans into eternal spiritual members of the Family of God who will be a very members of the Household of God with God Almighty as their Father and Jesus Christ as their Elder Brother and live forever.

In the past, true Christians were martyred for insisting on keeping the 14th Passover and shunning the pagan-based celebration of Easter. A study of Christian church history will show that my words are true and that early church leaders had a controversy that was recorded for us to review today. Read about Polycarp and Polycrates and their defense of God's True Days of worship versus this pagan-based worship system that modern Christianity embraces today.

I hope this post will wake some of you up as God has caused me to be awakened and to see His Truth despite being surrounded by all the pagan error we see today.

I mean no malicious attack against anyone and their beliefs but hope my words will arouse a study of the matter and not cause anger or hatred to be directed at anyone who has different beliefs.

Thank you,

PS:

And I am not proselytizing. I am not a member of any group or church. The words above are my own and not those of someone who is out to get your money or support.
Give it up already dude.
If i was blasted by many for suggesting that Christians should think twice about Easter egg hunts due to its origins, that they have nothing to do with Christ and to try to have Easter and remember the death, burial and celebrate the resurrection without the Easter Bunny involved, and caught slack for that, they sure as hell are not going to listen to you by suggesting they give up Easter all together and start doing Feast Days instead.

Old 04-12-2014, 07:36 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,948,774 times
Easter is actually a cultural holiday and it got changed to a Christian Theme under the aculturation program of the Catholic Church. It's the date, sort of like the days of the week that are named after pagan gods. I'm down with that whether you are or not.

Happy Spring!!! I love it!!

Old 04-12-2014, 08:06 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,240,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post

Happy Spring!!! I love it!!
Unless you are in the Southern Hemisphere. I note that because we have a number of friends Down Under who have pointed that out to me.

Old 04-12-2014, 08:22 PM

1,382 posts, read 770,486 times
Quote:

PASSOVER
DAYS OF UNLEAVENED BREAD
PENTECOST
FEAST OF TRUMPETS
DAY OF ATONEMENT
FEAST OF TABERNACLES
LAST GREAT DAY

Thank you,

PS:

Dear TT,
Nice try, but "Christians" are not into truth or history, but into traditions. Catholics are Catholics because they were either born into it or married into it. The spouse is ensnared, and the children are indoctrinated from birth. As for Protestants, it is somewhat the same, but with a little more freedom of movement. If they miss Easter service, they don't have to go to hell, which at least in the 1960s was the Catholic doctrine.

As for the Last Supper, it actually was on Preparation Day, and the symbolism was consuming the "Word", bread of life, without the leaven of hypocrisy. The wine simply stood for the blood, which was where the Spirit resides. Both unleavened bread, which is the "Word" without the hypocrisy of the Pharisee, and the wine, which represented the Spirit of God, was the message of the "Last Supper". This was done in remembrance of Israel fleeing Egypt without time to add leaven and let their bread rise, after escaping the Angel of Death. Today, we also need to prepare for the next Passover, which is called the awesome "Day of the Lord" (Joel 2:31) If the blood over the lintel, or in this case the Spirit of God is not present, bad things are going to happen to the inhabitants of that house. If there is leaven in the bread, then there is no Spirit to protect the inhabitants of that house.

Easter, and Christmas, were instituted by the Roman emperor Constantine in 325 A.D., which gave homage to Constantine's sun god, the Mythriac Sol Invictus, whose birthday was 25 December, and homage to the fertility goddess, Ishtar, and her feast day, which is dated with respect to Spring Equinox. The bunny and eggs are simply the symbols for the fertility goddess. It has nothing to do with Yeshua's message of the last supper. And he certainly didn't die on a Friday evening and rise on Sunday morning.

Mithra, one of a trinity, stood on a rock, the emblem of the foundation of his religion, and was anointed with honey. After a last supper with Helios and 11 other companions, Mithra was crucified on a cross, bound in linen, placed in a rock tomb and rose on the third day or around 25 March (the full moon at the spring equinox, a time now called Easter after the Babylonian goddess Ishtar). The fiery destruction of the universe was a major doctrine of Mithraism-a time in which Mithra promised to return in person to Earth and save deserving souls. Devotees of Mithra partook in a sacred communion banquet of bread and wine, a ceremony that paralleled the Christian Eucharist and preceded it by more than four centuries. Extracted from Nexus Magazine, Volume 14, Number 4 (June - July 2007)

Last edited by june 7th; 04-13-2014 at 11:43 AM..

Old 04-12-2014, 11:52 PM

368 posts, read 392,662 times
Quote:
Christ and the early apostles kept the Passover and God's Sabbaths and annual Holy Days. They did not deviate from God's Word the Holy Bible (blah, blah, blah; natter and yammer, natter an yammer...
tthtthf, Moderator cut: deleted why do you have this Moderator cut: deleted notion that 1) the entire Christian world speaks English, and that 2) all Christian practices were originated by English speakers??? Guess what? 1) It doesn't, and 2) they weren't.

Easter is the name the observance acquired in English, but it is NOT the original name, and it is NOT the name by which the observance is called in most of the Christian world. In both Greek and Latin, the day is referred to as Pascha, which is the way you refer in either Greek or Latin to the observance called "Pesach" in Hebrew. And what is "Pesach"? It's PASSOVER, that's what. Furthermore, people who speak Spanish, or French, or Portuguese, or Italian, or Russian, or Polish, or most of the languages used by Christians call the observance by a variant of "Pascha". All your babbling about "pagan goddesses" is nothing other than a silly obsession with a word used only by the small minority of people in the world who speak the same language that you do. As much as it may shock you, the whole world does not share your culture, and your comment is not a valid observation about the day (either in its name or in its focus) as marked by the vast majority of the Christian world.

2ndpillar, once again you display to the world that you know nothing about church history. One of the main reasons for calling the Council of Nicaea in A.D. 325 (and I really do wish you would learn how to write such dates correctly; "325 A.D." is not correct, but is instead backwards) was to reach agreement on a common date for the observance of the Paschal day, which was instead ALREADY observed on different days depending on where one lived. This difference in longstanding observance had produced confusion and conflict for many years, and thus the need for a common date. Moderator cut: deleted

Last edited by june 7th; 04-14-2014 at 07:15 AM.. Reason: Rudeness or insults in posts directed at other members are deleted.

Old 04-13-2014, 05:31 AM

9,697 posts, read 10,046,682 times
Jesus the prince of Peace Messiah is to return through the Eastern gate according to prophecy , so they bricked up the eastern gate , where now Jesus can walk right through the eastern gate in the spirit of heaven ....... Jesus was crucified during the Jewish Easter Passover celebrations and became a sacrificed lamb of God for redemption for all man who are obedient to Jesus commands for unity with God .... See this is our celebration of the seed of Jesus Christ who sowed His soul for all ...............Don`t see any pagan goddess in our celebration ????

Old 04-13-2014, 06:04 AM

951 posts, read 1,054,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenWhiteBlue View Post
Moderator cut: Orphaned..... notion that 1) the entire Christian world speaks English, and that 2) all Christian practices were originated by English speakers??? Guess what? 1) It doesn't, and 2) they weren't.

Easter is the name the observance acquired in English, but it is NOT the original name, and it is NOT the name by which the observance is called in most of the Christian world. In both Greek and Latin, the day is referred to as Pascha, which is the way you refer in either Greek or Latin to the observance called "Pesach" in Hebrew. And what is "Pesach"? It's PASSOVER, that's what. Furthermore, people who speak Spanish, or French, or Portuguese, or Italian, or Russian, or Polish, or most of the languages used by Christians call the observance by a variant of "Pascha". All your babbling about "pagan goddesses" is nothing other than a silly obsession with a word used only by the small minority of people in the world who speak the same language that you do. As much as it may shock you, the whole world does not share your culture, and your comment is not a valid observation about the day (either in its name or in its focus) as marked by the vast majority of the Christian world.
Then you confess that those who insist the word "Easter" used in the King James Version in Acts 12:4 is a mistranslation and the word "Passover" is the correct translation. You are the first person I believe that has ever confessed that "Easter" is incorrect. Thank you.

Last edited by june 7th; 04-14-2014 at 07:16 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity