Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2014, 11:03 PM

24,125 posts, read 32,504,304 times

Advertisements

Passover with ham and shrimp?

That's unusual.

Please do not give rep comments with a nasty comment. They can find out who wrote it.

Just a heads up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2014, 11:22 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,021,357 times
We're going out to eat and the kids will be chewing on chocolate until they about vomit, the usual springtime festivities.

Old 04-14-2014, 02:17 AM
Zur

949 posts, read 831,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Jesus the prince of Peace Messiah is to return through the Eastern gate according to prophecy , so they bricked up the eastern gate , where now Jesus can walk right through the eastern gate in the spirit of heaven ....... Jesus was crucified during the Jewish Easter Passover celebrations and became a sacrificed lamb of God for redemption for all man who are obedient to Jesus commands for unity with God .... See this is our celebration of the seed of Jesus Christ who sowed His soul for all ...............Don`t see any pagan goddess in our celebration ????
Easter is not a translation of Passover, nor did it come from the eastern gate, it comes from the Babylonian goddess Ishtar, the Queen of Heaven, a very religious spirit you can find in many religion with different names. This pagan feast was celebrated before Christianity in the Roman empire. The Jews and the Apostles celebrated the feasts of the Lord, the 14th of Nisan is the Passover of the Lord according to the bible, the Roman church (bishop) began to choose the pagan feast and made Good Friday and Easter Sunday, this at least began in the 2nd century and was a conflict with the church in Asia (Ephesus), who kept the apostolic tradition. Today, Monday the 14th of Nisan according to the Jewish calendar, which is the biblical one, is the Passover of the Lord, where the Lord God removed the leaven (sin) of the world. Our Lord Jesus died on this date (not day) for the sins of this world and not on Good Friday, which falls on a pagan feast of a goddess. It is the day that the church and the tradition chooses, which is wrong. How can Christians stand or bow (I do not know) on Easter Sunday before the rising sun and say the Lord is risen? Is the sun or the day of the sun (Sunday) important? Our Lord is risen on the 17th of Nisan (not on Sunday morning) which is a date and not a day to be celebrated as we celebrate our birthday, which falls this year on the 17th of April. The church in Asia was excommunicated in the 2nd century by Rom and later the RCC excommunicated every one that celebrated the real dates of the death and resurrection of the Lord, so in time the tradition of Rom survived and Christians do not know when Jesus died and was resurrected. But you may say the day is not important. Try to celebrate your Wedding Day (which is BTW also a date and not a day) on another day, just tell your wife the birthday of your girlfriend falls only few days later, and it is anyway not important which day we celebrate, just lets say, this is our wedding, it is indeed our wedding. How would your wife feel? The church can be glad that we are under grace, and the day is secondary. But I love truth, so I fast this day and take out the leaven out of my heart, and about 3 o'clock I take bread (unleavened) and wine and have later a Passover meal. This is a feast of the family, do not try to convince your church, they will stone you!

Old 04-14-2014, 05:59 AM

1,382 posts, read 768,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zur View Post
Easter is not a translation of Passover, nor did it come from the eastern gate, it comes from the Babylonian goddess Ishtar, the Queen of Heaven, a very religious spirit you can find in many religion with different names. This pagan feast was celebrated before Christianity in the Roman empire. The Jews and the Apostles celebrated the feasts of the Lord, the 14th of Nisan is the Passover of the Lord according to the bible, the Roman church (bishop) began to choose the pagan feast and made Good Friday and Easter Sunday, this at least began in the 2nd century and was a conflict with the church in Asia (Ephesus), who kept the apostolic tradition. Today, Monday the 14th of Nisan according to the Jewish calendar, which is the biblical one, is the Passover of the Lord, where the Lord God removed the leaven (sin) of the world. Our Lord Jesus died on this date (not day) for the sins of this world and not on Good Friday, which falls on a pagan feast of a goddess. It is the day that the church and the tradition chooses, which is wrong. How can Christians stand or bow (I do not know) on Easter Sunday before the rising sun and say the Lord is risen? Is the sun or the day of the sun (Sunday) important? Our Lord is risen on the 17th of Nisan (not on Sunday morning) which is a date and not a day to be celebrated as we celebrate our birthday, which falls this year on the 17th of April. The church in Asia was excommunicated in the 2nd century by Rom and later the RCC excommunicated every one that celebrated the real dates of the death and resurrection of the Lord, so in time the tradition of Rom survived and Christians do not know when Jesus died and was resurrected. But you may say the day is not important. Try to celebrate your Wedding Day (which is BTW also a date and not a day) on another day, just tell your wife the birthday of your girlfriend falls only few days later, and it is anyway not important which day we celebrate, just lets say, this is our wedding, it is indeed our wedding. How would your wife feel? The church can be glad that we are under grace, and the day is secondary. But I love truth, so I fast this day and take out the leaven out of my heart, and about 3 o'clock I take bread (unleavened) and wine and have later a Passover meal. This is a feast of the family, do not try to convince your church, they will stone you!
Dear Zur,
Well written, but with some additions which are not from the testimony of Yeshua. The leaven was referred to by Yeshua as the "leaven of the Pharisees" (Mt 16:12), hypocrisy. The unleavened bread of the last supper would be the "Word", which was the bread of life, without the added "leaven of the Pharisees". One must worship in spirit and truth (John 4:23). That would preclude the babble of the Pharisee, which is the source of confusion (babel), and the mother of Babylon.

Matthew 16:12 NAS Then they understood that He did not say to beware of the leaven of bread, but of the teaching of the Pharisees and Sadducees.

John 4:23 NAS "But an hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth ; for such people the Father seeks to be His worshipers

Isaiah 29:13 NAS Then the Lord said, "Because this people draw near with their words And honor Me with their lip service, But they remove their hearts far from Me, And their reverence for Me consists of tradition learned by rote,

Old 04-14-2014, 07:53 AM

1,196 posts, read 754,538 times
I totally agree, easter has NEVER been part of true worship. It's funny how even so-call christians can come up with the words, “what would Jesus do”, (WWJD). Yet gets involved with things that Truly have nothing to do with Jesus. Easter wasn't even celebrated after Jesus death, by ANY of his true followers. In fact Jesus followers wasn'teven doing the things the rest of the world was doing, just as he wasn't ,(John17:16 They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world). Sadly even kids knows bunnies don't lay eggs, yet “christians” allow their children to participate in easter egg hunts. And MANY ministers allow this to happen on what they claim is “Gods house”.

Do they NOT remember what Jesus didn't when he felt men was disrespecting his Father's house ,(Matt. 21:12,13And Jesus went into the temple of God, and cast out all them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the money changers, and the seats of them that sold doves, And said unto them, It is written, My house shall be called the house of prayer;but ye have made it a den of thieves). Jehovah Gods words tell us to basically NOT obey or follow what the world does ,(Rom.12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God).

MANY tries to make what they do which goes against Jesus and Jehovah Godok. But that can lead to ones destruction ,(Pro.16:25 There is a way that seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death). Understand!... satan KNOWS he's going to be destroyed, And he's planning on taking as MANY of us with him,(Rev.12:12 Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is comedown unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time). This ALSO includes MANY who calls themselves christians. So MANY of us need to understand, (2Cor.4:4), DOESN'T just apply to “non-believers” as many Christians WANTS to believe. If one's following his teaching, and NOT that of Jesus and Jehovah God. Then they too are an unbeliever. Because they refuse to BELIEVE this is the way a TRUE christian should live. peace

Last edited by jojo-50; 04-14-2014 at 07:59 AM.. Reason: the words sizing

Old 04-14-2014, 09:07 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,929,957 times
The controversy in the early church is fairly well covered in an article at
The Passover-Easter-Quartodeciman Controversy | Grace Communion International at least for the first page or so. This quote is most appropriate:

"By the 300s the Quartodecimans were much less influential. Though the Nicene Council dealt primarily with the issue of the Word's eternal divinity, it also considered and rebuked the Quartodeciman position. Where once churches found unity despite their diversity, some types of diversity were now beginning to be seen as a threat to unity."

I recall a letter from the Bishop of Rome fairly early in the question urging a Bishop in Asia Minor to conform to the Roman perception of orthodoxy, to which the Asian Bishop replied that some of his people supported an obervation based on the Jewish Passover, some based on the Sunday resurrection, some the whole Passover feast and somed nothing at all and that members of each view supported each other in their observations without controversy. Esentially that it was not a matter of "proper form," but of demonstration of the love of God.

Old 04-14-2014, 12:44 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,021,357 times
Oh hey, so did you guys know this Easter falls on Adolph Hitler's birthday? Just a coincidence and an aside, this has NOTHING to do with Christianity, obviously, LOL.

Now how do I know it's Hitler's birthday? Because it is also my husband's birthday...and one of the first things this mild-mannered guy told me was that he and Hitler had the same birthday...AND I WENT OUT WITH HIM ANYWAY...you know, I'll tell ya, you hit 30 and you get desperate.

Okay, sorry, so, carry on.

Old 04-14-2014, 02:21 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,240,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Unless you are in the Southern Hemisphere. I note that because we have a number of friends Down Under who have pointed that out to me.
Yeah, Easter in Autumn and Christmas in Summer just sounds wrong

Old 04-14-2014, 02:23 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,240,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Oh hey, so did you guys know this Easter falls on Adolph Hitler's birthday? Just a coincidence and an aside, this has NOTHING to do with Christianity, obviously, LOL.

Now how do I know it's Hitler's birthday? Because it is also my husband's birthday...and one of the first things this mild-mannered guy told me was that he and Hitler had the same birthday...AND I WENT OUT WITH HIM ANYWAY...you know, I'll tell ya, you hit 30 and you get desperate.

And Easter also falls on the big 420 festival here in Denver. Google that one lol!

Old 04-14-2014, 02:25 PM

88,617 posts, read 84,875,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post

Couldn't rep you again, but this made me laugh! Heil Husband!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity