Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2015, 12:11 AM

38,650 posts, read 26,428,769 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Really??? "Potential life?" You mean a woman is carrying around a dead baby?

I learned about human reproduction in 7th grade biology. Our biology books never referred to the human fetus as "potential life." That is just plain absurd.

Who teaches you people this garbage?

I think he or she means the fetus is a potential life in the same way that the egg and the sperm are a potential life.

Apparently in pro-abortion land, an egg and sperm not yet united are indistinguishable from a developing fetus.

Of course that doesn`t explain where the developing fetus`s DNA came from or why neither the sperm nor the egg has the fetus`s future DNA.

Maybe a magic fairy makes the DNA for the fetus and just happens to implant this DNA at the exact moment of conception making it appear that conception determines when a life begins.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2015, 12:49 AM

18,472 posts, read 7,114,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Using right winger logic, yes. A woman should be allowed to choose if she wishes to have something growing inside her or not. What stage do you think most women have abortions? Do you think they wait until they almost come to term to have one?
Barring rape and immaculate conception, woman do have a choice of whether to get pregnant.
But then again, if you're too broke, stupid or irresponsible to use birth control, then you're probably too broke, stupid and irresponsible to take care of a child.

IMO, Liberals would get a lot more credit in their "pro choice" stance if they didn't argue for abortion on demand under any circumstances, eg: 14 yr old girls getting abortions without parental notification, late term abortions where the fetus is well developed or could even possibly survive outside the womb, etc.

I'm actually pretty libertarian on the issue, but I think there has to be some reasonable restrictions that are based in the world of sanity.

Let's be honest here....You can argue all you want about when a fetus becomes a baby, but there is no way you can credibly argue that at any point after conception that it's not human....and saying otherwise is just a way to make you feel better about killing it.

Old 04-12-2015, 01:33 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,242,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooleys1300 View Post
Barring rape and immaculate conception, woman do have a choice of whether to get pregnant.
But then again, if you're too broke, stupid or irresponsible to use birth control, then you're probably too broke, stupid and irresponsible to take care of a child.

IMO, Liberals would get a lot more credit in their "pro choice" stance if they didn't argue for abortion on demand under any circumstances, eg: 14 yr old girls getting abortions without parental notification, late term abortions where the fetus is well developed or could even possibly survive outside the womb, etc.

I'm actually pretty libertarian on the issue, but I think there has to be some reasonable restrictions that are based in the world of sanity.

Let's be honest here....You can argue all you want about when a fetus becomes a baby, but there is no way you can credibly argue that at any point after conception that it's not human....and saying otherwise is just a way to make you feel better about killing it.
A woman has the choice if she wants to have a fetus growing inside her or not, no one else's. You are aware at what point almost all abortions happen, are you?

Old 04-12-2015, 08:01 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,685,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
In the past 42 years, 61 million innocent lives have been taken by the abortionists.
So you want abortion banned, so they will have to be done in secret and no longer have any good idea how many abortions take place every year?

Old 04-12-2015, 08:07 AM

18,472 posts, read 7,114,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
A woman has the choice if she wants to have a fetus growing inside her or not, no one else's. You are aware at what point almost all abortions happen, are you?
At what point most happen is irrelevant because even in the first trimester it's still human and you're ending a human life.
Telling yourself it's just a blob of cells is a convenient way to rationalize killing it.

Also irrelevant because Liberals argue for the right to abortion on demand under any circumstances, including mid-late term.

But I still think abortion should be legal (within reason) because even though I personally find it disgusting and morally reprehensible, I'm able to separate my personal opinion on it from whether it should be legal or not.

Too bad the Left can't do the same thing about a host of issues, including the death penalty for murderers.

Old 04-12-2015, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
Men who commit rape are at fault but I'd bet that the majority of the 60 million murdered babies weren't conceived by rapists?

Go away, your arguments are weak!
But males are 50% of the reason why unborn babies are unwanted. If they knew there was no birth control, they could have declined when the woman spread her legs.

Old 04-12-2015, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
As usual, *******s want to pretend that a fetus isn't human, and isn't alive. A fetus is a living person, whether you want to pretend it isn't or not. From the instant of conception, everything is determined about you; your eye color, hair color, body type, blood type, talents, intelligence; everything. From that very instant, you are you.

That is seventh grade biology, folks. It isn't a myth.

"Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you." Jer 1:5

"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mothers womb. Ps 139:13
And, of course, you care deeply what homosexuals do in the bedroom and are quite passionately against them doing that as well.

Old 04-12-2015, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Nice evading the question. Great left wing stupidity.

Murder is to accidental death as abortion is to miscarriages. The fact accidental deaths and miscarriages occur does not justify abortion and murder.
Then how do you force a pregnant woman from getting an abortion?

Old 04-12-2015, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
I don't agree with either. My personal religious beliefs don't reconcile either of the two decisions.

The same argument can be laid to the religious right- How can one support the death penalty but be against abortion? I also see that as blatant hypocrisy.
That's quite easy for them to do both ways. They can simply go to the Bible and point out all the reasons why the death penalty was given as in the case of adultery. And to justify for being against abortion, they can go to the verse that says God knew of people before they were born.

Old 04-12-2015, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooleys1300 View Post
At what point most happen is irrelevant because even in the first trimester it's still human and you're ending a human life.
Telling yourself it's just a blob of cells is a convenient way to rationalize killing it.

Also irrelevant because Liberals argue for the right to abortion on demand under any circumstances, including mid-late term.

But I still think abortion should be legal (within reason) because even though I personally find it disgusting and morally reprehensible, I'm able to separate my personal opinion on it from whether it should be legal or not.

Too bad the Left can't do the same thing about a host of issues, including the death penalty for murderers.
Tell me why I am supposed to be so dearly concerned about any pregnant woman and her unborn baby, who I don't even know?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies