Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2015, 08:34 AM

18,465 posts, read 7,103,620 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
But males are 50% of the reason why unborn babies are unwanted. If they knew there was no birth control, they could have declined when the woman spread her legs.
True, but irrelevant.

Personally, I've had more than one woman lie to me about being on some form of birth control, I just got lucky that no pregnancy ever resulted.

Biologically speaking, once a man has done his part in creating a life, it's sort of like co-signing for a loan. Until the process runs it's course, he's out of the picture until the need for financial support.

Now, if you want to talk about how deadbeat dad's are contributing to a whole host of problems in society, you'll get no argument from me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2015, 08:44 AM

18,465 posts, read 7,103,620 times
Quote:
Tell me why I am supposed to be so dearly concerned about any pregnant woman and her unborn baby, who I don't even know?
Who's asking you to be concerned about it unless it's yours?

But the fact the your so passionately pro-abortion means that you obviously care dearly about some woman you don't know being able to kill her unborn baby at will.

Old 04-12-2015, 08:53 AM

18,409 posts, read 19,047,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Really??? "Potential life?" You mean a woman is carrying around a dead baby?

I learned about human reproduction in 7th grade biology. Our biology books never referred to the human fetus as "potential life." That is just plain absurd.

Who teaches you people this garbage?
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
If life means alive, you`ll need to rework that "potential life" talking point since a fetus is most certainly alive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
I think he or she means the fetus is a potential life in the same way that the egg and the sperm are a potential life.

Apparently in pro-abortion land, an egg and sperm not yet united are indistinguishable from a developing fetus.

Of course that doesn`t explain where the developing fetus`s DNA came from or why neither the sperm nor the egg has the fetus`s future DNA.

Maybe a magic fairy makes the DNA for the fetus and just happens to implant this DNA at the exact moment of conception making it appear that conception determines when a life begins.
perhaps you two should look at the courts decision they describe pregnancy as potential life

The Court asserted that the government had two competing interests – protecting the mother's health and protecting the "potentiality of human life".

When women are compelled to carry and bear children, they are subjected to 'involuntary servitude' in violation of the Thirteenth Amendment….[E]ven if the woman has stipulated to have consented to the risk of pregnancy, that does not permit the state to force her to remain pregnant.

Old 04-12-2015, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooleys1300 View Post
Who's asking you to be concerned about it unless it's yours?

But the fact the your so passionately pro-abortion means that you obviously care dearly about some woman you don't know being able to kill her unborn baby at will.
it's called choice of which there is 3. supporting abortion does not mean you don't support the other choices. it is up to the individual woman to make the choice.

in america do you support women being forced to carry a pregnancy to term against her will just because she had sex consensually?

Old 04-12-2015, 08:55 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,064,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
This is not a rational discussion, at least not on your part. You are totally irrational.

I'm "finally learning?" Like I didn't know that?

Suppose you tell me what that means from your irrational point of view.

My religion is not a fairy tale.

So, if you didn't get that ridiculous notion from Catholicism, where did you get it from?

By the way, Jeremiah was quoting what God had told him: "The word of the LORD came to me, saying, "Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you."
Tell me why I should live my life according to your religion.

Believe whatever you want, but don't try to force those beliefs on me.

I am certainly not going to live my life by a storybook written by primitive, superstitious men who lived thousands of years ago.

The beauty of Roe v Wade? It is based on CHOICE, no one is forced to act against their beliefs.

Old 04-12-2015, 09:05 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,909,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Tell me why I should live my life according to your religion.

Believe whatever you want, but don't try to force those beliefs on me.

I am certainly not going to live my life by a storybook written by primitive, superstitious men who lived thousands of years ago.

The beauty of Roe v Wade? It is based on CHOICE, no one is forced to act against their beliefs.
What choice does the pre-baby have?

Old 04-12-2015, 09:06 AM

Quote:
So you want abortion banned, so they will have to be done in secret and no longer have any good idea how many abortions take place every year?
Yes, they do, and I think they also welcome the fact that women having illegal, unsafe abortions could be maimed or even die fits in nicely with their punishment meme.

Old 04-12-2015, 09:07 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,404,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I just heard on the radio that the darling of the US Senate and possible future candidate for the Presidency, Elizabeth Warren came out and she is against the death penalty for the Boston Marathon bomber terrorist. He was found guilty on all 30 plus counts and now awaits sentencing which will be either the death penalty of life in prison.

Warren still holds onto the belief that this poor kid was influenced by his older brother to place bombs at the feet of innocent people and he should not be put to death. Instead he should be locked in jail for the rest of his days and forgotten about.

Warren represents the Democratic party in Massachusetts and she is firmly against the Death Penalty while being all for Abortion?

How can a person be so Against an innocent life being brought into this world and issue a death sentence for that baby yet cannot be For the death penalty of a known terrorist bomber who killed 4 people and maimed scores more?

Is it hypocrisy or something else?
It's a bit like Republicans obsessing about saving a life by banning abortions while at the same time salivating at the prospect of nuking the Middle East to kill those pesky Muslims.

I don't think a man can tell a woman what to do with her body. The DP sometimes doesn't apply when it appears it should. Both decisions are flexible depending on the circumstances.

Old 04-12-2015, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
is pre baby a medical term? fair or not, which is subjective, a fetus doesn't get a choice. it does not have a brain to think, it doesn't take care of itself. it relies on a womb to grow to the point of viability. if the woman doesn't want to be pregnant she doesn't have to stay pregnant.

Old 04-12-2015, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
A fetus is not capable of choice.

And, if they were able to choose, how do you know, given all the facts of what its life would be like, it wouldn't choose to be aborted? After all, thousands of people choose death over life every year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies