Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2015, 08:41 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,183,132 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
You got it wrong too.

The founders wanted to disassociate themselves and the USA away from the Church of England. The CoE is an official part of the British government (still is today) with the King sitting as its official head. Furthermore there were Catholics in the USA who had no love for the Protestants. Hence the language in the founding documents.

All of these religions were Christian. At that time, there would have been absolutely no acceptance of the religions held by the native Americans, and absolutely none towards Islam. So in that regard, religious neutral, is incorrect.

All your post does is prove my point.The U.S. was founded a religiously neutral nation because the Christians who migrated here were familiar with intra religious persecution. Please see the term intra religious in the dictionary for clarity. The language was broad enough to encompass other faiths. Tough.

If they wanted a Christian nation, then the Bible would have been part of the Constitution just as the Quran is part of the Constitution of Islamic nations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2015, 08:47 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,418,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
Sounds like you're having some inner conflict. Do you believe it's Europe's fault or do you not? Your post sounds quite confused.

Lolol. It's going to be OK, really.

No doll, read again. Slower if you have to.

Old 04-19-2015, 08:51 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,183,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
No doll, read again. Slower if you have to.
Nope, you're the one that's confused. Indian culture in this regard is nothing new to me.

Nice try.

Old 04-19-2015, 09:02 AM

779 posts, read 928,541 times
I'm not going to waste time replying to each poster individually. I never said that brown was a race by the way....

Quote:
And interestingly, in both China and India, the whiter and less brown, the more valued.

But I guess that's western Europe's fault too... despite the concept pre-dating western contact with Asia!

The "Whiter" the better is a view shared by **some** in those countries, mostly among women, and that's starting to fade along with Western superiority. I dunno, most of these mainstream Indian actresses look pretty brown to me, and damn good might I add. But feel free to keep flattering yourself.

Old 04-19-2015, 09:02 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,654,666 times
Quote:
All your post does is prove my point.....
It does not.

• The Colonial States had an official religion, the Church of England. It was part of the government and the king was it's head. It had been this way since Henry VIII in the early 1500s. The CoE is a branch of Christianity. Not exactly Protestant and very much like the Catholic Church minus the Pope and his retinue.
  • This was the law in Colonial American and most belonged to the Church
  • After Declaration and Revolutionary War the millions here all of a sudden didn't become "religiously neutral" over night.
  • What they did do is disassociate themselves from the official British Church and place an amendment in the Constitution preventing a state sanctioned Church religion from being created.
It is totally incorrect to conclude from that to say the founders did not want to support Christianity.
Quote:

If they wanted a Christian nation, then the Bible would have been part of the Constitution just as the Quran is part of the Constitution of Islamic nations.
The Christian Bible is not a document of the UK while the Church of England holds seats in the government.

Old 04-19-2015, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Nope, you're the one that's confused. Indian culture in this regard is nothing new to me.

Nice try.

So what was the point of your post? If it had any?

Old 04-19-2015, 09:04 AM

428 posts, read 344,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
The demographic tale is straightforward. As of 2010, Pew has noted, 13 million Muslim immigrants resided in the European Union. That year, their median age was 32, eight years younger than the median for all Europeans. According to Pew, "the Muslim share of the population throughout Europe grew about 1 percentage point a decade, from 4 percent in 1990 to 6 percent in 2010. This pattern is expected to continue through 2030, when Muslims are projected to make up 8 percent of Europe's population."

Europe's shocking and unsettling future: White pride

(followed by some words on an interesting historic side note, Muslim SS units)...
It's funny how the thread went from this to some stuff about religious early America and then American Blacks because of....SLAVERY.

(There really should be a version of Godwin's Law for that argument singularity).

It strikes me that Yugoslavia provided a preview of what happens when the Europeans get feisty, which happens now and again. The tidal wave of economic refugees is amping up pressure on the region, but in the final analysis they'll form up the same teams as they have for 1000 years. The anti-immigration (pro-culture?) movements in Germany and Holland will gladly be pen pals, but when push comes to shove, they are Dutch or German or French.

Language is a great way to show fault lines between groups of people.

Old 04-19-2015, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongNote View Post
I'm not going to waste time replying to each poster individually. I never said that brown was a race by the way....

The "Whiter" the better is a view shared by **some** in those countries, mostly among women, and that's starting to fade along with Western superiority. I dunno, all these mainstream Indian actresses look pretty brown to me, and damn good might I add. But feel free to keep flattering yourself.

Once again, you fail because you literally cannot grasp any metric which actually indicates trends or problems:

As a result, the Indian whitening cream market is expanding at a rate of nearly 18% a year. The country's largest research agency, AC Nielsen, estimates that figure will rise to about 25% this year - and the market will be worth an estimated $432m, an all-time high.

With the Indian middle class expected to increase 10-fold to 583 million people by 2025, it looks as if things will only get better for the cream makers.

BBC News - India's unbearable lightness of being

Sorry to burst that bubble.

Old 04-19-2015, 09:16 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,914,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Maude View Post
It's funny how the thread went from this to some stuff about religious early America and then American Blacks because of....SLAVERY.

(There really should be a version of Godwin's Law for that argument singularity).

It strikes me that Yugoslavia provided a preview of what happens when the Europeans get feisty, which happens now and again. The tidal wave of economic refugees is amping up pressure on the region, but in the final analysis they'll form up the same teams as they have for 1000 years. The anti-immigration (pro-culture?) movements in Germany and Holland will gladly be pen pals, but when push comes to shove, they are Dutch or German or French.

Language is a great way to show fault lines between groups of people.
I def agree about the "language" part.

Old 04-19-2015, 09:45 AM

779 posts, read 928,541 times
Quote:
Once again, you fail because you literally cannot grasp any metric which actually indicates trends or problems:

As a result, the Indian whitening cream market is expanding at a rate of nearly 18% a year. The country's largest research agency, AC Nielsen, estimates that figure will rise to about 25% this year - and the market will be worth an estimated $432m, an all-time high.

With the Indian middle class expected to increase 10-fold to 583 million people by 2025, it looks as if things will only get better for the cream makers.

BBC News - India's unbearable lightness of being

Sorry to burst that bubble.
The mistake you're making is equating skin lightening cream with Western Superiority. It's simply preference amongst **some**, it has nothing to do with race or racism anymore than America's multi-billion dollar artificial skin tanning industry. I have my reserves about believing anything that comes from BBC, your people have a tendency to unnecessarily glorify themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies