Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2015, 09:38 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Do both sides spend? Sure. Do both sides claim the high moral ground of being deficit hawks and fiscal conservatives? No, that is the claim of only one side. I'm merely pointing out that hypocrisy. But as Dick Cheney famously said, (when Republicans are in charge), "deficits don't matter." As this Congress has just reaffirmed.
The irony of you taking Cheneys quote out of content to criticize him, and then applauding Obama for using the exact same economic strategy strategy isnt lost..

Deficits dont matter, if you are using them to grow the economy because deficits fall as the economy grows.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2015, 09:42 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,874,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I'm waiting for you to cite for me ONE bill passed by Democrats which followed PAYGO rules. Until you can list one, Democrats lose any credibility to discuss the issue.
I'm waiting for you to answer why the GOP isn't requiring offsets for the tax cuts they are pushing through. I've asked it many times in this thread but no one will respond to that question. Until you can respond to that, Republicans lose any credibility to discuss the issue.

Old 04-20-2015, 09:53 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
What have your dems done lately to curtail spending? Thats right, the difference (in practice) between the two parties is mostly superficial, but dont let your ideological blind spots stop you from recognizing that.

Reading these replies is akin to Stalin bemoaning Hitlers body count lol
When have he Dems ever championed 'less government spending' anywhere near like the GOP has? The blindness is not acknowledging the vast difference in the GOP's platform vs. its actions.

Old 04-20-2015, 09:59 AM

Quote:
I'm waiting for you to answer why the GOP isn't requiring offsets for the tax cuts they are pushing through. I've asked it many times in this thread but no one will respond to that question. Until you can respond to that, Republicans lose any credibility to discuss the issue.
Republicans never voted to offset tax cuts, Democrats did..

HeyJude, why cant you list ONE bill offset by Demcorats?

FAIL.. FAIL.. FAIL.. hows it feel to FAIL all the time?

Old 04-20-2015, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Republicans never voted to offset tax cuts, Democrats did..
Republicans never vote to offset anything they want, even when it boosts federal deficits by a half-trillion dollars. Only the Democrats are ever required to produce offsets.

Why don't the "fiscally responsible" Conservatives show us where they are going to offset this latest round of tax cuts?

Quote:
FAIL.. FAIL.. FAIL.. hows it feel to FAIL all the time?
I don't know. Why don't you tell me?

Old 04-20-2015, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Republicans never vote to offset anything they want, even when it boosts federal deficits by a half-trillion dollars. Only the Democrats are ever required to produce offsets.
What part of DEMOCRATS VOTED TO OFFSET it, dont you comprehend?
Quote:
Why don't the "fiscally responsible" Conservatives show us where they are going to offset this latest round of tax cuts?
How does allowing people to keep their money, harm the economy? They ALREADY offset the cuts, by $200 BILLION a year, which is 4x times as much

Or maybe you dont know that $500 Billion is over 10 years or $50 billion a year.

Thats $150 Billion in net cuts a year or $1.5 TRILLION in savings over the same period of time. Do you need me to break out the math for you, in the event your a prodigy of common core.
Quote:
I don't know. Why don't you tell me?
Says the person who spent how long applauding PAYGO, but cant cite a SINGLE example of Demcorats following it. Shouldnt be that difficult...

Old 04-20-2015, 10:33 AM

Quote:
How does allowing people to keep their money, harm the economy? They ALREADY offset the cuts, by $200 BILLION a year, which is 4x times as much
This latest round of tax cuts will add a half-trillion dollars to the deficit. Smack you head a little harder and maybe you will comprehend that adding to the deficit is not reducing the deficit (something the GOP has campaigned on for the last four years). Though I doubt it.

Old 04-20-2015, 10:50 AM

Quote:
This latest round of tax cuts will add a half-trillion dollars to the deficit. Smack you head a little harder and maybe you will comprehend that adding to the deficit is not reducing the deficit (something the GOP has campaigned on for the last four years). Though I doubt it.
Given they cut $200 Billion per year in spending, its a $150 billion or $1.5 TRILLION REDUCTION to the deficit..

3rd grade math, not a strong subject for you..

p.s. its added to the debt, not the deficit, its actually $50 Billion to the deficit, which given the $200 Billion in cuts made, thats a DECREASE of $150 Billion per year.. dah

PAYGO again? Why cant you list A SINGLE BILL which Democrats followed this rule.. JUST ONE...

Old 04-20-2015, 10:58 AM

9,891 posts, read 10,825,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post
https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/r...090000125.html

How's that 'fiscal conservatism' workin out for ya'?

I must have missed the spending bill in the article , where exactly is the 500 billion in spending? All I saw was tax cuts.

Old 04-20-2015, 11:01 AM

4,288 posts, read 2,060,202 times
Yes I saw tax cuts also and am not sure where the 500 billion in spending was.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies